Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Thanks, I will look and appreciate the info. I'll need to get some hard core practice in so I don't embarrass myself.

2. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Andreas not sure where you are viewing on EBAY. Under Ferrari I saw one Black replicar - so so. HEY I HAVE THE RESALE RED PAINT JOB so I should sell mine for more. I also saw a coupe version under replicar section, but that looks like a heap. Hey some one give me $30k and it's gone and on my way to a real one. Anyone wants to get a collection going? Donate the money to me and I'll let Bill take a rocket launcher to it. We can video it and use it a prelude to the upcoming Miami Vice film.

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Your toy at least LOOKS more exotic than a regular Vette. I am not a Vette guy at all. At ALL. I could care less about their performance. Coming from the import scene, I could show you "dollar for dollar" RX7s and Integras that would WASTE a Vette in the 1/4 OR on the track. I could build an RX7 right now for $12k that would DESTROY any Vette under 20K. So Vette's don't impress me ONE bit. They aren't exotic, and they aren't the fastest dollar for dollar car. Don't get it. Please!!

I was when I was 16 and my mom had one. But that's about it. Don't waste a DIME on that Vette you are looking at. You either are going to get a Ferrari or Pantera or you are NOT. Buying another Vette isn't getting you any closer. Especially if you are buying it and KEEPING your toy. I don't get it. You would be spending maybe $20k or so on a car that isn't getting you any closer to your "dream". Take your car and sell it. Take that $20k you would be spending on the '97. You would be within a few thousand at MOST of getting into a Pantera. Not a mint condition one, but a nice one nonetheless.

I don't get it.....

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Its because your a Cheesehead little man! FIBs are superior in thought and action, plain and simple. Don't show up here cause there will be a rumble and the streets will run gold with Old Milwaukee. The walls of defense have been set, we call them I-pass. But anyway, I look forward to seeing you and hopefully your wonderful car over the weekend, you are a class act.

Never heard of this place, but the car definitely looks as if its in need of a Tifosi12 F1/Novitec spin off...

http://www.midwestperformancecars.com/inventory_detail.php?id=148&num_images=14.5&firstImage=images/imagesForId148/01.jpg

I don't care what Rick gets, he is a nice guy who encourages lots of people by his friendly manner. Rick, did you ever wind up finding the little daughter some wheels? Judging from her potential car you told me about previously, Im sure that makes a dent into your own toy fund.

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone,

RocketBoy

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thank you for your concern, my friend. But as of last October, I happily rejoined the ranks of singleness once again.....:)

Hey, cool little Go Kart you found there, Andreas. I will have to check it out.

Rick...Keep the Daytona. And don't forget about the F.O.C.....you promised! And I took your word on it.

7. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Rick, I say keep the car, my boss said so too, as she loved her little drive in it at the VA show. :)

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I kind of agree with everyone....

Keep your car. It is BETTER than a 97 Vette IMO.

But, when the time comes that you can get into a Pantera and need the cash, sell that car QUICK and enjoy that Detomaso!!!

9. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Davey,

It looks like Sunday is the day based on your voicemail. Nice. Rotten FIB!!

I will have to see when we are going down Saturday.... My boss is going and said he wants to go out for dinner first (a business expense, right??!!). So that puts our 5 P.M. arrival closer to 7, I would think. I am thinking 6 P.M. dinner and then 7 P.M. show. Which has us realistically leaving at 10-11 and me home after stopping through Milwaukee sometime around 2-3 A.M.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    WHOA, I have been out of the LOOP!!

I had no idea......ya tryin' to outdo me again?

Twice divorced, thrice married..........who will go for thrice first??

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This year she'll have a choice. :)

12. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey, I wouldn't take a rocket launcher to it!! That car has value. And that value could go a long way towards getting a Pantera!!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In case you change your mind, I could help with that...
    :)

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry, man, but it will have to be you, Skip. I'm not getting married anymore......Just gonna stick to dating once in awhile. Hopefully, I can FINALLY get some Pain relief soon with some more Surgery. Then, start up this business venture that keeps getting put on hold. And won't have time to do nothing but work. Spend lots of quality time with me little kiddies. Drive my Ferrari. Travel. And date once in awhile. Thats my plan, man!...:)