Bella Macchina - This Sunday - Who Is Going? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bella Macchina - This Sunday - Who Is Going?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RP, Mar 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    I'm torned between going to TY park or the Indy car race. Never been to one. I'm sure I can get tickets at the gate, no?

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I was able to get incredible pair of seats for the NASCAR finale last November just by showing up about 3-4 hours before the race and wandering around checking out extra tickets people were trying to sell. Paid $90 for two $90 dollar seats. So if I can do that for the sold out NASCAR race, you should be able to get excellent (club) seats the morning of the IRL race. As of this morning, the track did have seats available.

But then you will miss all of us at TY, and I know we would all like know what a red neck wanna-be looks like! Wear your Jimmie Johnson cap.

3. chefrobear

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    Well just so happens that my brother wants to go to TY park and not the race. Who knew? So I will be there.
    Not registered but I will be in my car. A buddy of mine from NY is down here for fashion week with his 78 308 (he left his 2 boxers behind). I'll talk him into it as well. Starts at noon, right? I'll check back up the thread for the info.
    The hat stays home.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I believe you can register when you get there, so I would show up around 11:30 as the show starts at noon. BBQ is $15 per mouth.

5. chefrobear

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    Cool

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    So if Nsxter is coming from Oakland Park for breakfast should we meet at the Bagel place across from TY park? Any others coming from the south that would want to meet for breakfast before the show?
    BT

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Fred wants to meet there at 11:30 to drive in together, but I can not tell from any of the prior posts if that plaza is also the one with the bagel place.

I guess we will figure this out Saturday morning.

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

So Fred, which is the place to get a decent breakfast closest to TY Park??

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Okay, so Fred is going to make the call for the breakfast place that is close to TY park. If he does not chime in, I vote for Bagels 'n Smores in the west end of the plaza across the street from the TY park entrance. Breakfast at 9:30, some light detailing from 10:30 - 11:30 until the others that want to drive in together arrive.
    :)
    BT

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #35 RP, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    BT:
    I didn't realize that you knew exactly where this place is located, so Bagels and what(?) Smores for breakfast yuk, it is. I will be there by 10AM. I am cleaning out the car today, but after saw the photos of your 348 from the polo game, you probably need to spend a little time detailing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I was saying to meet at the Bagel thing if Fred does not chime in. He seems most familiar with that area so I was suggesting the easiest to find if he does not choose some place else. It is Bagels and More according to Fred's earlier post, s'mores are not good for breakfast. I am coming from the north so anyplace between WPB and Hollywood is on my way. I am just going to have a small snack so I can pig out on the pig in the park.
    BT

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Oh and by the way, I already buffed out that little scratch from the Polo thing. It only took about 5 minutes.
    BT

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

OK with me. We'll just half to confirm that place is where we think it is so we arn't running around Sunday morning looking. I believe that TY is at the Sheridan exit of I-95?

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    can somebody post an address for mapquesting ?

Thanks

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #40 BT, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bagels N More
    3393 Sheridan St
    Hollywood, FL 33021-3606
    (954) 981-0656

I think it is where I have crudely marked it using the fine fine program MS Paint.
    :)
    BT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

BT
    My friend from the Holywood area just called me, he referred to this place as "roach city". And I talked to Andy, and he had a good suggestion, the guys from the south really wanted to drive somewhere, and not just across from TY for breakfast. So I am going to confuse the issue and go back to the original suggestion of the diner off Cypress Creek and Andrews.

I am OK with either for coffee, so if everyone that wants to meet would throw in their opinions, let's go with the majority.

Can someone confirm that the bagel place is even open Sunday morning.

17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Okay. So we will meet at a diner off Cypress Creek so everyone can have a little drive together to TY park. Sometimes comprehension of the intent escapes me. What is the name / address of the diner you would like to meet at?
    BT

18. chefrobear

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    Your from Boca and got to ask if a bagel place is open on Sunday, lol

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Around here, half are open Sundays, half are not. Depends on the owner's concept of his faith in the dollar.

20. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    So the final vote is the diner (Name???) west of I-95 on Cypress at Andrews? I'll be there at 9:30. Maybe some frisbee golf with all the targa model cars being the targets with roof panels removed.... No, better do something else with the frisbee (or Aerobee Superdisc).
    :D
    BT

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I really don't care where we meet, as I for one do not intend to eat much breakfast so I can indulge at the barbeque. I am there for the comradery.

The diner is located in the shopping center on the NW corner of Cypress Creek and Andrews, which is west of I-95. This is the same center as Hooters, and Champs. The diner is at the south end of the center adjacent to Cypress Creek, but you can only enter from the Andrews side between Champs and Hooters. No entry on Cypress Creek.

So from I-95 you will turn right on Andrews going north, and then make a left turn into the center spreading apart the Hooters from the Champs. If you miss Andrews you will go over RR tracks, turn around.

It looks like one of the old polished stainless steel railroad car diners. They used to serve borscht, so if you are so inclined. Will gas up your day.

The park is not even 20 minutes away, so let's meet at 10:15 AM as other wise there will be too much time to kill. I plan to be at TY around 11:30 as the event starts at noon. Time to set up, clean up, and relax.

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    This is going to be a fun event, looks like a good turnout from the SSF contingent.

Breakfast at the diner at Cypress Creek and Andrews? $7.57

Barbeque at TY park? $15 for the human, $10 for the car

Destroying the low carb diet for the day? Priceless

23. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    waiting for photos

24. 84Pinin

84Pinin Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan J Statman
    I want to personally that everyone that attend this year's Festa Bella Macchina! We had 104 cars in attendance and I hope that everyone had a great time! I know that my family fully enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful machinery that was there!

Again, thank you for coming out and if I did not get a chance to say hello to you personally I am sorry and I give you my apology. I look forward to seeing you next year at TY Park for an even bigger Festa Bella Macchina (i.e Martin and Scottie :) )!

Take Care,

Evan
    Fiat Florida

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    We had a fun time today. Perfect weather and lots of SSF / Fchat people there. We did a small car crawl along the beach afterward, look forward to the next event (Thursday April 6th).
    :D :D
    BT