550 purchase question | FerrariChat

550 purchase question

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by michaelo, Mar 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I am considering purchasing a 2001 550 maranello. it has 3700 miles on it and has had a belt service and regular service performed this month. It is titanium with bordeaux interior and is basically in new showroom condition. It has nice modular wheels. It has been serviced at the Dallas Ferrari dealer. I have owned a couple of 360's and am interested in a 12 cylinder Ferrari. The price is $130K. To me this seems pretty good. Would love an opinion on this price. Thanks.

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Hello Michael,

I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions, but the asking price doesn't seem too far off the mark. Advertisements for all model years and mileage cars pooled are averaging $125K with actual sales probably $5-10K below that number. Early cars (1997's) are certainly moving below $100K. Ferrari dealers often command and receive slight premium for many good reasons reasons; not the least of which is a 2nd tier buyers trying to build a relationship.

Fantastic car, very different than the 360.

Best regards to you and Stormie

3. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    That's a great color combo. Great looking car. Get some tubi for the complete pkg! How do you compare it to 360?

4. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    You should ask if Ferrari extended warranty is available.

5. broomhilda

broomhilda Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Great color combo. 2001 with that low of miles- excellent. Will it go down in value like my 2000 550 has in the last few years yeah but a low mileage car is worth more.