Centennial High School Car Show!!! | FerrariChat

Centennial High School Car Show!!!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Alex_Grim, Mar 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ok boys and girls the date and times are now ready, updated, and coming out...
    It will be April 22 from 10am-2pm...

If there is any chance of making that a Giovanni's date also that would be awesome. It is early to start it, but it's a short drive.
    Sorry that it is so short notice, but it has been a hard time getting dates straight.
    If any one has any other place they would like to post the times and dates please let me know and I can post them or they can.

The address is:
    9310 Scott Road
    Roswell, GA

I can meet anyone close by that can get close, but can't find it exactly, it is tricky to find behind the shopping center

2. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I'll defenitely try and make it.
    Unless I am out of the state, you know I have no excuse. I'm within walking distance.

3. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Good I hope more people can make it...

4. ExtinctM3

ExtinctM3 Rookie

Jan 6, 2006
    What is the car show for? Is there more information? What kind of cars will be there, kid's hondas?

5. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Good question, last year there were many different cars. We had a 355, 308, 2 Alfas and many others. There were muscle cars that showed up and some antiques. There was a crowd of tuner guys that showed up, but the cars were not ricers that you see on the street. All of them were done with taste and it was a shop that does custom jobs.
    The show is for Future Business Leaders of America. We do meets and competitions all over the South. The club is known all over the United States. We also do service projects for the community and help kids understand how important it is to get a good education. I am lucky enough to be the treasure of the club and get to go to the competitions and compete against the other schools in our area. It is short notice to have the show, but a girl at school had Kidney failure and the club helped raise money to pay for what had to be done. We are still looking for sponsors to help pay for food, banners, printing cost and ect. If anyone knows of a business or an individual that would like to donate that would be awesome.
    ~FerrariKid308

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Let's get a whole bunch of cars like Ferraris, Lotuses and Lamborghinis to show up and overwhelm the "ricers" with style and panache! :D

7. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sounds good to me, but everyone is welcome

8. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Bump... anyone interested?

9. ecoloqua

ecoloqua Karting

Mar 15, 2006
    I just bought a 348 from Symbolic In CA. It should be here in 10 days. I will try and make the car meet.

10. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you. We're still looking for more people and sponsers if anyone is interested.
    ~Alex

11. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    I should be able to make it with the Bora.

Rick . . . .

12. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you. I can't wait to see it out there. Some of the other car group guys think it is just a kid show, but I can't wait to see some of the cars out there. I will have flyers at the next Giovanni's event to hand out.
    It is $10 in advance and $15 day of. Not too bad when you think about some of the other events.

13. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have made a giant error to anyone that I sent a PM to. The date is APRIL 22 Not March 22
    Thank you Frank and Jeff for pointing that out.

14. masermartin

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I'd say the only car that would be able to make it to the March date would be the Delorean at the Giovanni gatherings. And for those who don't know, he literally has a flux capacitor in it!

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I really enjoy showing the car to high-school kids, since they're more into cars than just about anyone. They are our future, and anyone who passes this up simply because they think it's "just a kid show" is, frankly, an idiot.

I want to see all of you who read this, who don't otherwise have a legitimate excuse, showing up at Centennial.

16. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you Jim. We are trying really hard to make it into a great show. We are the only school in the area that has been able to make it work. This will be our 8th year and looking for a better turn out than ever.

As for the date issue, I am sorry. It is fixed and I hope everyone can figure out what I meant when they read it.

~Alex

17. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    I'll be there with my '03 Cobra along with my friends, C6 Z06, KB '03 Cobra, KB'd '03 Mach 1, '02 Lingenfelter Z06, and maybe a few others.

18. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you very much. The more the better.
    Every one remember there are trophies for the winners and who knows what else going on...
    $10 advance and $15 day of

19. masermartin

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Do you know what the categories are?

20. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    We do, they are:
    Domestic, European, Tuner Import, SUV's, Classics, and Other(unique)
    More may be added later, but that is how we stand now.
    We now have a web site with more information. The address is www.freewebs.com/chscarshow1
    ~Alex

21. Lsportline43

Lsportline43 Rookie

Jan 20, 2005
    ATL, GA
    Full Name:
    An Pham
    Hey guys I too am helping out with the car show at Centennial. I'm hoping you guys can come out and make the show something special.

Hey STEEDA30, make sure you get your friends to bring out the C6 Z06! LOL. I wanna see that 427 in person. And also what Lingenfelter modifications are on that '02 Z06?

22. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hey,
    Were you going to send me an email? I never got it if you did.

23. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    ::bump:: We have one more car to add to our list. Hope people are still comming.

24. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Alittle update, we have more sponsors on board now. The Bimmer Store... will be there with some cars, which will be fun. There is talk on other forums and its growing. Talk it up to friends!! I will have fliers at Rutlands for anyone that want a physical copy of the event.

25. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just registered my 348 spider. Hope it don't rain!!!