Hawaii Owners: Have you seen this new game? | FerrariChat

Hawaii Owners: Have you seen this new game?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ryalex, Mar 31, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #1 ryalex, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Test Drive Unlimited for the Xbox 360 features the island of Oahu with many roads mapped out - they're promising over 1000 miles of road to drive! the idea is that you and all of the other people can drive together online via xbox live and can randomly engage other players in spontaneous street races.

Here are some preview screenshots of downtown, the airport, Valley of the Temples, and what I think is the road going from Mililani to Haleiwa running parallel to Kam (on the West side of Kam). I have to get this game!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Wow, Wow....

Thanks

Is the 360 Avail. again? Did they fix the bugs?

Is this game out?

What game are you guys playing?

3. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #3 ryalex, Mar 31, 2006
    There are 360's out now, I've seen them at Best Buy and Target gets a few here and there. MS said they should be restocked in a few weeks.

This game isn't out yet, it's due in June.

Project Gotham Racing 3 is the big racing game right now. I haven't bought a system yet, though - I decided to wait out the storm at the release.

Check out these shots of the motorcycle racing game too (Moto GP):

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Are those cut scenes or actual gameplay screenshots?

Also, I just realized there's no Hawaii regional area on Fchat. I guess Master Robin is out of luck :D

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Yep, I tried to get a Hawaii section because I never know where to post......... I haven't seen one yet. No love.......

Thanks for the info

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    They are demos of the game's engine, but the gameplay itself is from an in-car (or behind the car) view.

But this is using the in-game processing, it's not a 'done up' cutscene or cinematic interlude like we used to see with Playstation games - where it was merely digital video of an animation done on a Silicon Graphics supercomputer. Having played the original Moto GP's on Xbox, the physics feel great too. It's a tough game to master, because there are so many elements to the braking, leaning, etc. you have to control. It's not like that old SEGA game we played!

7. wheelhor

wheelhor Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2006
    Cheyenne, WY most of the year
    Full Name:
    Eric
    that first motoGP shot is unreal!

E

8. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    man, amazing what can be done nowadays, those look like real pics!

9. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    that Test Drive game seems awesome! Time to pester the roommate into picking up a 360 :D

10. Bentley Boy

Bentley Boy Rookie

May 24, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bieck
    #10 Bentley Boy, Mar 31, 2006
  11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Ryan, FWIW, I was WAY dissapointed in PGR3 and I sold it within about 2 weeks. I loved PGR2, though I have always been a bigger simulation (Forza, GT, et al) fan than arcade.

The game selection for Xbox 360 is still not "good", but in the past couple of weeks has finally risen above "very dissapointing". The first 6 weeks I had my xbox I hardly played it. Then I:
    1. finally found a game I liked (Call of Duty 2, now Tiger Woods 06, next Elder Scrolls?), and
    2. Got an HDTV (that was the real kicker).

It still is not a "must buy", as there is no killer app. The games I am most anxious for are presumed sequels I have heard NOTHING about (Halo3, Forza 2, KotOR3).

Peace out

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Gamespot just gave Elder Scroll a 9.6 and the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon game 9.2. I'd get the Clancy game if I was buying now.

13. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I have had my 360 since late january. Ninety nine percent of my games are online multiplayer. I don't think I have finished one mission in call of duty but I have played 1000s of games. Its unreal. Must have dolby digital and hidef. I just picked up a new sony 60inch that is 1080p. Yes 1080 progressive.

Ghost recon is great. Very different from call of duty but very real and very good. We play 8 against 8 or join together to campaign against the system with 16 people. Lag in call of duty sucks but I have a t1 line so I usually host no problems. Ghost recon has no lag but boots people if too many.

Oblivion elder scrolls is great just very dungeon and dragony. Spells hit points etc. not me.
    Blazing angels is a wwii airplane fighting game and its also fantastic.
    Battlefield 2 is excellent. You can jump in a tank, fly a plane jump out of a plane and attack the enemy. Its great.

But the best thing about the 360 is that you can download demos of all of these games onto your harddrive and try them out before they come out. So you know in advance if you want to buy the game or not. You don't have to go rent the game to try it out.

I have about 100 friends in my friend category and I don't have to go searching for games either, I just join one of their games already in progess when I log on and it tells me who is online as well so I can choose.

Its wonderful. Period.

14. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    there's a "NEW" ferrari related game for the "OLD" xbox

it's called OUT RUN 2006 Coast to Coast and it's pretty updated as includes cars such as F430 & Superamerica among other 12 or so Ferraris

has anyone played it? or at least heard of it?

I just got it as well as TOCA 3 (Touring CArs racing simulator) while I still don't have the new 360 thing.

now that both "OLD" xbox & PS2 are obsolete
    you think is time for sharing games which used to be exclusive I mean... GT 4 for xbox or FORZA for PS2 ?

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It will not be out in the US until April 24th, Europe released it as of today (I think). For $29.99, it's a nice spin on a classic game, perfect for the Ferrari stuff collector. Here's some more info on the game.

www.outrun2006.com

16. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Disappointed in PGR3?
    Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but you would be in the extreme minority on this one. GREAT launch title, certainly the most popular driving game by leagues online....at launch it was #1 driver and that hasn't changed. PGR2 was no comparison, IMHO.
    You "finally found" Call of duty 2??...this was a LAUNCH title. Also, very popular and deserving of its status.
    Just becoming acceptable to you? Ghost Recon and Oblivion are ground breaking tiltles,....play them and see. You also didnt mention Perfect Dark Zero. It had some online connectivity issues, but this game is a BLAST. I think its much better than Halo 2, bu this debate rages on....also, this was a LAUNCH title.

On the other hand, we must have radically different tastes...because as far as I was concerned, Tiger woods was a P.O.S, LOL!

Its ashame that so many people couldnt get a system, but someone like you gets one early and then never plays it......is there no justice? :p

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Let's not forget P. GOTHAM is just an Arcade game
    while FORZA is simulator
    speaking of simulator ... TOCA 3 (TOuring CArs) is the best of them all simulators

18. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    perfect dark zero does not compare to halo2. I've had my 360 since they came out in november and the only games that really impressed me were PGR3 which I bought at launch and COD2 which i got a few weeks later. I haven't really touched COD in a while but still play PGR quite a bit online. I was a little dissapointed when i put in Forza a week or two ago to see that the graphics were almost the same as PGR.

Hopefully we'll start seeing some information on Halo3 and Forza2. and I always have my fingers crossed that maybe someone will come out with a Formula1 game, but as of now it looks like there will only be one for the PS3.

19. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    Is there a car list anywhere? I notice a Ferrari in the screenshot, but the website has no mention of Ferrari licensing?

Looks like a great game. You can buy a house, a garage, clothes for your driver, roll your windows up & down, turn on your wipers... Upgrade and tune your cars and all kinds of crazy stuff

Still waiting on my 360....