Dominican Republic FCARS? | FerrariChat

Dominican Republic FCARS?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by JasonMiller, Aug 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Greetings,

Myself and another FCHATER are coming to the Dominican Republic to look into some investment opportunities and was wondering if there are any Fcar owners or any exotics for that matter....

My partner was raised there and remembers a 308 back in the 80's..

Jason

2. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004

I was recently told by some friends that have homes there that there are several 360s that have made it over there...

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I wanna find this out to! Lets get people chatting.

4. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just got back from Punta Cana... and saw two Range Rover HSE's, and SL500, and a Cayenne. I'd be interested in hearing if any have made it there as well.

Joe

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I was there about 15 years ago. It was extremely poor. I wouldnt want to leave a gated community if I was staying there & forget about driving anything nice, just makes you a target

6. Future F430 Driver

Jul 31, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    JT
    Joe- I was in Punta Cana in January. I couldn't believe how nice and serene it was. The DR is definitely a poor country. I went horseback riding through a gated community. I never saw a F car.

I was considering inversting in soem real estate there. The closer to the resorts the pricier the land. I was trying to find some undeveloped property and sit on it.

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, in our resort, everything was surprisingly maintained. I wouldn't invest there because the traveling is a pain... arriving and departing from the airport was terrible. It is clearly undersized for the amount of travelers going in and out. I also wouldn't have a house there because everything other than the resorts seemed really bad. Where will you get water? Where will you shop for food? What will you do at the house? Maybe just investing in land would be a better idea, but I'd rather have something in Palm Beach any day ;).

Joe

8. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

I Have friends That Own Punta Cana.Have stayed many times...Yes...They Own the Resort/ the new Golf Club and new section of Mansions and of course they own the air port and service buisness's....Single handedly they are going to turn this part of the Island into the Caribeans # 1 resort spot....You cannot go wrong investing in that part of the Island.BTW..if you were there you know who I am talking about.

9. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well, I guess I might be wrong.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    As a kid, my family was stationed in Puerto Rico in the early 60s. (Go Navy!) What you're describing sounds like what I remember. I guess it is different stokes for different folks; but, personally, I'd go for the DR in its current state over the ticky tacky whore that is Palm Beach.

Dale

11. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

In case you Dont recall who owns the resorts and surrounds.

The Primary owners are Julio Iglesia and Oscar De La Renta.

12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I didn't know that. Thank you.

13. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If you live in PB for a while, you'll see deep under the superficial wannabes, there are many sophisticated and intelligent individuals.

14. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    While I was in Punta Cana last year, I saw a Cayenne and a few Mercedes-Benz's thats it.

15. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The Cayenne I saw was at the airport, and it was white.

16. stereodexf1

stereodexf1 Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    Dominican Republic
    Full Name:
    Dester
    Well, I live there... And I wonder if you knew the whole Country??

Right now the Dominican Republic is a very important tourist destination. It's not as rich as your state, but we have more beautiful (and BTW more) natural resources.

Also, there's plenty of Ferraris... I've seen at least a lot of Ferraris, specially the following models.

360 Modena and spyper
    F355 Berlinneta and Spyders
    575 M
    550 Maranello
    F430
    512 TR
    F512 M
    (I've heard there's also an F40)

Also

Maserati 3200
    All kinds of Porsches 911 (GT3, GT2, Carrera Carrera 4, Turbo, Turbo Cabrilet, etc), Cayennes, 944, and 968.
    Lamborghini Countach
    Lamborghini Diablo
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Ford GT
    Bentleys Continental and GT
    All kinds of Mercedes
    All kinds of BMWs
    a lot of Audis

So perhaps, all these people are in extreme danger? I'll let them know.

17. yellow 355

yellow 355 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    I spent alot of time in the DR North coast south coast Santo Domingo ECT..Traveled there for surfing and chasing girls and to escape the NJ winter. The last thing I would own there is a Ferrari the roads for most part suck!!!The people that own them must have them for pure baller apeal one ride around town on SAT night look at me action ALA MIAMI without the good roads!!!!LOL LOL.....

18. stereodexf1

stereodexf1 Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    Dominican Republic
    Full Name:
    Dester
    Funny, but some things change with time... Just because in the zone you were hanging out there were horrible roads, you shouldn't think that 80% of the roads of the country are the same... It's just like if I went to Nebraska and just because I only saw dirt roads, think all Nebraska's roads or all United States roads are dirt roads. I bet you didn't get to know the capital of the country. Nor the east part.

The north part of the country has very nice towns, like Santiago (Super nice girls), Puerto Plata (Super nice beaches, resorts and touristic attractions) and La Vega (specially in Febraury's Carnival) among others, but this zone isn't necesarily the very best of the Country. The most developed is Santo Domingo, which is not a heaven, but it has good roads, the very best infrastructure (of our country) and a very interesting night life.

I invite you all to come and rediscover Dominican Republic. It's a nice place to go.

19. yellow 355

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    Sterodexf1 sorry man I wandered around your country quite a bit....I traveled west from the capital all the way to Bahia Las eaglalas sorry about the spelling....I traveled across the mountains to the north coast west to San cristobal east to whos knows were all the roads with few exceptions were pot hole nightmeres!!!!! Sorry man ....This is not a great place to own a car with Ferrari ride heights and rims that bend!!!!

20. stereodexf1

stereodexf1 Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    Dominican Republic
    Full Name:
    Dester
    No worries. I'm not offended. Specially when compared to USA. Nonetheless DR is by far more fun, IMHO.

So you knew Bahia de las Aguilas?... Was your trip recently? just curiosity...

Still there's plenty of Ferraris. And other supercars and luxury cars.

21. yellow 355

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    Thanks for that spelling....Has been some time around 1998 was there hanging with a girl from Santo Domingo real cool spot....We got some good surfing for a few days and lots of fun!!!!! This was a simple time for me hangin with the local girls single and fun loving times......You are so right the DR IS MORE FUN!!!! BEN

22. yellow 355

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    Thanks for that spelling....Has been some time around 1998 was there hanging with a girl from Santo Domingo real cool spot....We got some good surfing for a few days and lots of fun!!!!! This was a simple time for me hangin with the local girls single and fun loving times......You are so right the DR IS MORE FUN!!!! BEN

23. SIR CARLOS YEPEZ

Mar 17, 2006
    Brentwood, Tn
    Full Name:
    Carlos Daniel Yepez
    I'll ask around tmrw bc at my school we have about 15 Domicanos here. I'd imagine there's a decent grip of F Cars in the country as is with most. When it comes to investments you have me drawing blanks. Carlos.

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I too am planning to invest in some Caribbean property, but I'm looking at the BVIs and St. Barths...

25. sircarlosyepez

May 28, 2006
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Carlos Daniel Yepez
    I've been in the Dominican Republic for the past two weeks and have been through Santo Domingo, Santiago, and Punta Cana throughout my stay. Unfortunately I have yet to see a F Car out on the streets, but I've seena significant amount of Cayennes, Ranges, and an exorbitant amount of assorted Mercedes on the streets. In Punta Cana in one of the dealerships there is a Silverstone F430, Porsche CGT in Silver, and a Yellow Gallardo. Also, outside parked one of the more notorious clubs there was a white Maserati QP and a Grey Mercedes SL65. Carlos...