Very special run.....:) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Very special run.....:)

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Speedracer38, Mar 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SilvrPorsche

SilvrPorsche Karting

Apr 6, 2006
    Rye Brook, New York
    Full Name:
    James
    Hello everyone. My friend JTMGALLARDO introduced me to this website, and I would love to join the run on the 9th. I will be coming from New York in my Porsche and I will be bringing a passenger. Can't wait to drive and to meet you all.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Welcome - what Porsche.

3. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen

What kind of Porsche do you have? I'm just curious.

*I am posting this in case anyone doesn't know yet*

You are paying for your own lunch. It cost maybe $15-20 per person if it is even that much.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    JT - One more add to the New York crew!

NJ:
    (1) ClydeM - Ferrari 308
    (2) JTMGALLARDO - Gallardo
    (3) 993 guy - 993
    (4) sunsetZ51 - C6 Vette

NY:
    (5) ghost - Gallardo (+1)
    (6) white viper - Viper (?)
    (7) notoboy - 355 Spider
    (8) buzzm2005 - Mondial

CT:
    (9) davem - Mondial
    (10) traimpz348 - 348 (+1)
    (11) icantdrv55 - 328 (+1)
    (12) musicman102357 - 328 (+1)
    (13) Ludmilla - 575M
    (14) Michael - F355 Spider (+1)
    (15) Vinnycar - 348 Spider (?)

MA:
    (16) Spivy - CS

5. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    ***The menu will be limited to 3-4 different items. If it is open menu it will be impossible for the restaurant and would take hours to fill all the orders especially with all the people coming. The food that will be on the limited menu will not be disappointing meaning there will still be a selection of hot sandwiches-salads!!***

6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    The amount of people coming from CT/MA is anywhere from 11-14?

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great to see so many of the CT crew participating!

NJ:
    (1) ClydeM - Ferrari 308
    (2) JTMGALLARDO - Gallardo
    (3) 993 guy - 993 (+1)
    (4) sunsetZ51 - C6 Vette
    (5) mike - 996 C4

NY:
    (6) ghost - Gallardo (+1)
    (7) white viper - Viper
    (8) notoboy - 355 Spider
    (9) buzzm2005 - Mondial
    (10) emena - 550

CT:
    (11) davem - Mondial
    (12) traimpz348 - 348 (+1)
    (13) icantdrv55 - 328 (+1)
    (14) musicman102357 - 328 (+1)
    (15) Ludmilla - 575M
    (16) Michael - F355 Spider (+1)
    (17) Vinnycar - 348 Spider

MA:
    (18) Spivy - CS

8. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Nonsense! :) Leather jacket to block the wind and a hooded sweatshirt over a long sleeve shirt and you're good even at 45. Turn on the heater and you're good a few degrees below that.

Disclaimer: In my Mondi you practically sit under the windshield so it's less of a problem.

9. SilvrPorsche

SilvrPorsche Karting

Apr 6, 2006
    Rye Brook, New York
    Full Name:
    James
    I have a Boxster, nothing too crazy!
    All I need to know is where the garage we will be meeting at is, and what time to be there. No problem with lunch thats fine with me.

10. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Wish I could make it Jason, but have work at 12 so someday I will meet you. :D Have fun everyone!

11. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen

How about meeting up at the NYIAS in a week?

*The restaurant is prepering for 40 people!! If you will not be coming to the restaurant please specify so I can make everything final with them!!*

12. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I will be in the city sometime next week with my girlfriend, so I will see what I can do. If anything I will take the train in and stop at the show. If the LP640 is there in that charcoal/black color think you could send me a couple hi-rees 3/4 pics for a poster I'm doing?

13. JTMGALLARDO

JTMGALLARDO Karting

Sep 25, 2005
    Chance of me coming is like 75 percent but maybe with XLR V instead. Ill know late friday/saturday afternoon for sure. The Gallardo might need a new clutch 5.0mm out of 5.6mm gone LOBC says, and its a E Gear

14. vinnycar

vinnycar Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    New Canaan, CT
    Full Name:
    Vincent Cardone
    Jason

Will very probably have one guest in the 348 (wife) and for lunch. Please PM me with the address of the meeting point near the collector garage.

Weather still looks like clearing, a bit breezy and cold (tops up I am afraid).

15. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    *CT members!! Please meet at the location from 9:30-9:45. 9:00 would probably be a bit to early for the NY members making the trip up.*

Heads up for everyone eating at the restaurant. The total will be $23 per person with food, beverage, tip, and gratuity fee included! This is a great deal and very generous of the Grist Mill Restaurant. The menu will contain 6 items which include everything from breakfast type foods, hot sandwiches, to salads. They are giving us a whole room upstairs which is very nice! Anyone who will be ordering a drink or cocktail will have to pay for that seperatly. I will probably be collecting the $23 per person at the restaurant.

16. Sphinx

Sphinx Rookie

Feb 24, 2005
    Nyc
    What are you running?

17. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    that's pretty messed up. when you do get your ferrari or some "exotic" remember what took place. no need to hang out with people judging you based on a car. I'm curious as to who is so childish to make a comment like that...

18. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I agree, all folks who love Ferraris should be welcome to attend; now as far as the drive is concerned, it's common sense that the exotic cars be kept together. The larger the group, the more hassle and attention the group will have with traffic lights and cops/gawkers.

I'd love to attend because I spent my youth in CT/ Farmington Valley, and it would be fun to visit and also see F cars. If it were a warm weekend in May, I would be up for it. Whether I bring a 15k car, or a six-figure valued car, it depends on the timing and the season. Either way, I don't like cruising in caravans of sports cars because I don't like giving cops fodder to ticket me when one jackass speeds. If my attendance would be a burden, or the car I bring is more important than the company I could provide, so be it. I would go to see and hear cars, regardless of the pedigree. ;)

19. LAMAROSSA

LAMAROSSA Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    CT for Now
    Full Name:
    Lamarossa G. P.
    i was ask by Jason to not come because he wanted his run to be all exotic

quote " i want to keep this run all exotic"

whatever, his run so im not gonna show up if im not wanted

as far as Ferrari fans- you guys knows whos is the biggest fan on Ferrarichat is

i dont post much because im not a post whore but im on here everyday reading about Ferraris

who the hell dumps money time and efforts in to a car making a dream car one might own one day

i live eat sleep Ferrari anyone who deserve to be around them should be me no doubt

some of you are treating me like a lil kid so f this

its not like we are going to the CONCORS

have fun be safe

im a tru playa f da haters

Lamarossa

20. sunsetZ51

sunsetZ51 Rookie

Jan 30, 2006
    Fort Lee, NJ
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ya im goin and i have a corvette c6 and i dont consider it exotic...i think u deserve to come, and as far as supras go ive seen many that would honestly take any ferrari and/or lamborghini, and i have respect for supras. I didnt know jason wanted this to be strictly exotic or else i wouldnt have bothered to come, as said above if you have an appreciation for ferrari's i dont see why you shouldn't be able to come and hang out with others like yourself. but thats just my opinion.

21. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny
    had a great time today, nice run guys.

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #97 ghost, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What can I say but just another amazing run. Perfect weather, perfect crew and perfect roads. Just a whole heck of a lot of fun.

Jason - big up for organizing everything and ensuring it all went picture perfect. Great, great, job! {Mrs. T, very nice meeting you too!}

Stan & Janet - a real pleasure meeting the both of you - thank you for your gracious hospitality. Stanley, what an AMAZING collection! Simply unbelievable! Next time we get to hear the Enzo roar! - :)

Lara - great copiloting. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Everybody else - wonderful meeting new faces and reconnecting with old. Look forward to the next one.

WHEN POSTING PICS, PLEASE RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE INDIVIDUALS ON THIS BOARD BY BLANKING OUT LICENSE PLATES.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. JTMGALLARDO

JTMGALLARDO Karting

Sep 25, 2005
    Late Night Last night, time I got home was time to wake up. 2nd run I missed, hopefully next time ill be there! Happy to hear you all had a good and safe time.