Why I own a Ferrari. | FerrariChat

Why I own a Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Noel, Apr 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I live in the heart of downtown Chicago, so I don't get a lot of opportunity to rip around in my 360 spider in the city. I just got done playing ice hockey (1:30 a.m.) and I'm driving through downtown, top down and the streets are vacant. the only sound is my tubi reverberating off of all of the skyscrapers; it was kind of like the beginning of the movie "Vanilla Sky", I'm downtown all by myself and I'm able to rip around with total freedom and when I hit a red light, I lean back, and just look up at the tops of the buildings, at all of the lights, people in their homes, and I don't envy any of them....good times:)

2. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Thats great. I Know the feeling. I saw driving on Sunset in LA the other morning about 4am. Almost seems surreal when the city is just dead. So peaceful.

3. billwann

billwann Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Bristol Wisconsin .
    Full Name:
    Bill Wann
    I live 30 miles from chicago , I take my 355 spider up there around 1-2 in the morning just to listen to the sound . Nothing like it .

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I know how you feel. Some of my favorite car drives were in college drining downtown Miami and just getting on and off the freeway with those 80 foot high ramps. It is great to be a night owl.
    :D
    BT

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I thought I was the only one that had these great feelings. Ahhhh....support for the terminal car guys!!

6. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    I love on-ramps... They're an excuse to floor it and hear that Ferrari sound reverberating in my ears! The best sound chamber though, is a nice big parking garage. The ones in Las Vegas at the Paris were a great excuse for MOST of the guys at the Scuderia Rampage last year. There's nothing quite like hearing an F40 goose it!
    Thor
    www.JavelinArt.com

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Last week after our inaugural monthly dinner, we had about 8-10 cars drive down to Mizner Park and then drive up a large garage. It was fun, and LOUD!
    :D
    BT

8. TwistedRace

TwistedRace Rookie

Jul 21, 2004
    You are all correct. There is nothing like the sound of a Ferrari with your windows down at 155mph.

9. IceSkater

IceSkater Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I love driving at night as well but there's no way my hockey bag and sticks
    come near to fitting inside my TR!

10. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I enjoy setting off car alarms in the parking deck @ work. And my exhaust is stock.

11. robin's308

robin's308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    John
    I love driving on the coastal roads at night, really makes me feel great. then i go home and watch ,magnum and smile knowing i just drove there:)

12. selvatico

selvatico Karting

Sep 17, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Damien Laframboise
    Great post. There's nothing quite like the beautiful music that a Ferrari makes.

13. SRT-10

SRT-10 Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Greater Boston
    I think fellatio can precipitate this same state of euphoria. Of course, after 30 years of marriage, I can’t quite remember that far back.

14. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #14 andrew911, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I hear you....I don't even have a Ferrari, going to shows with some of the Ferrari guys I wind up having some interesting driving experiences....the first picture is what I started out behind, and the second pic is about 3 of 12 cars I drove over with pulling into the complex where the car show was (yes the other 9 or so ferrari's or lambos were behind me after the drive ;)...they weren't making enough effort to keep up ). I could hardly hear my 911's motor on the highway with the top down...all I heard was Ferrari V8, V12, and Lambo motors....sounded like a swarm of bees on steriods, accompanied by a deep bass guitar or a deep sound effect like you'd hear at a movie theater- beautiful!

I often think the sounds are better from outside the car than when driving- you don't hear as much of the sound or detail when driving a car, and that's why the tunnels/city buildings/parking decks are so wonderful to drive through. Even my stock 911 makes some nice sounds when I punch it under a bridge :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login