Chassis # 5893 NART 250LM | FerrariChat

Chassis # 5893 NART 250LM

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Gramps, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gramps

Gramps Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Stafford Virginia, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary McNutt
    In browsing through the photos (Pelican Parts.com) from Monterey I noticed what appears to be #5893. Did someone pry it out of the Indianapolis museum and get it to Monterey? Anyone have the story?

And if it is 5893, the Rindt/Gregory 1965 LeMans winner, where did the hole in the rear section, just in front of the spoiler come from? It is not there in any of the LeMans photos I have of this car and there is basically nothing underneath it in that location except for the battery perhaps. Did anyone notice this and look at it?

Gary

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I saw it and it was wonderfull. It is still owned by the Museum. IMHO one of the greatest cars existant.

3. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    pictures ??????

4. Gramps

Gramps Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Stafford Virginia, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary McNutt
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I thought the same thing, when looking at it there in the Museum...........

"If only I could get this thing OUT OF HERE.............."

It made for a great day dream. A lot of cool cars sitting in that Infield Building...I think that one was my favorite.

6. gsm4316

gsm4316 Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Gilbert Mann
    Could anyone share any good photos as it competed at Le Mans in 1968 as car no. 14? I am especially interested in a left side view for modellng purposes. What is the story behind the strange overlap of squares with the numbers over the regular roundals with apparently numbers on them also?

Gil