Enzo beaten by SLR? | FerrariChat

Enzo beaten by SLR?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by anthonyferrari, Apr 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anthonyferrari

Jun 29, 2005
  2. Andrew1316

Andrew1316 Guest

Jan 19, 2006
    SoCal!
    SLK w/ SLR engine!!?! wow its a beast

3. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C
    repost.....

but....

Thats what happens when you drop a 600hp motor into a car half the weight of a real McLaren SLR. Sadly, is the SLR's motor in that SLK... there are other posts on here about it.

4. FNinjaP90

FNinjaP90 Rookie

May 30, 2004
    Not really. An SLR weighs 3900lbs, the SLK55 weighs 3400lbs. The engine would add maybe a hundred more. That's not that big of a difference.

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    why would anyone wants to put an SLR engine into a SLK body? guess too much $ laying around lol..

6. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Listen to the Enzo revs. It's even holding back and nowhere going over 6-7k revs.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    "Dietrich" could probably explain it to you!

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm pretty sure the engine was modded too.

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If that's as fast as an F1 can shift, I'm not impressed.

10. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    I want to see a 308 with an Enzo engine.

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    318Ti w/ S52 :) The ultimate sleeper haha.

EDIT I meant S54...

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    no, I'm the ultimate sleeper. I slept 16 hours from monday to tuesday.

13. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice, very nice. (rolls eyes). When's the shore run?

14. seung

seung Rookie

Apr 20, 2005
    i read this somewhere some time ago...

"Today I met Mohamed Bin Sulayem, a famous rally driver in the Middle East. He has an awesome car collection. This is one of them.
    Here's what happened:
    I was on my way home from school when I see an SLK wit two black patches on the hood. I was like "stickers". So I decided to check it out. After a fast lunch, I went to the house where it was parked. I get close and see that those black patches were actually the engine sticking out of the hood. I was like WTF? I was even more shocked when I read SLR on the engine. So I started snapping pics. When a Nissan Armada pulls up and who else but Bin Sulayem steps out of the house to get something from the Armada. Then he gets in the SLK and calls me to talk to him. At first I didnt recognise him, but he told me later on. My first reaction was to point speechless at the hood. He told me got the engine and put it in himself and changed the transmission, and it's a RWD. He said it had 615hp, and could go well over 350 km/h. He told me he had already been up to 320. He said it's a one of a kind, and that AMG are coming to Dubai just to see it.
    The reason why he did such a crazy think was because all the other cars he has (Enzo, F50, F40, GT1, etc etc etc...) were undrivable in these streets cuz of all the traffic, so he settle with a SLK55 with an auto transmission, a comfy, easy ride in other words. But he wasnt happy with the power output...So hey, might as well drop an SLR engine into it...
    Oh, and the sound...Mind blowing...
    Crazy car..."

15. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    yeah, it all stems from this thing called fossilization. The carbon from living things that get buried in the ground gets preserved and changes over time and after long enough, can be pulled out of the ground and refined into a combustible substance with lots of potential energy. This potential energy has many uses... including automobiles.

There happens to be a lot of this material in the ground below the middle east, especially countries like the UAE and Bahrain. The people in these countries get filthy because they harvest this magical energy potion and sell it to people all over the world. Most of these people are badasses and love to do fun things with their money, like build a world class Formula 1 circuit in the middle of the ****ing desert. They also like to bomb down empty freeways in their supercars, and sometimes they have so much money that they convince companies to build special cars just for them, no matter how ugly they are!

16. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    The enzo wasn't taken to the red line before gear change, it's performance wasn't fully unleased. Furthermore, a standard SLK55 is already heavier than a Enzo, and that engine has less power than the Enzo (assume not further tuned), so i don't see any reason that the enzo should be beaten, if driven to it's full potential

17. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Excuses Excuses... The SLR is the quicker car than the Enzo, the V8 produces so much more torque than the N/A V12... If the Enzo was being to its full potential???? Your going in a straight line, just keep the pedal to the carbon fiber, and pull up on the paddle, voila! I believe the SLR is the faster car of the two... By SLR I mean SLK-R.

18. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agreed. "Horsepower sells cars, tourqe wins races." The great Mr. Shelby.

19. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ferrari's are not built to win drag races........ that SLK would be lapped on a race track by the Enzo.

I could drop a jet engine into the back of a 1985 mini-van and beat an Enzo in a drag race, but who cares.....

This is an old debate.

20. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Not according to this test. In fact the SLR is significantly slower.

http://www.gumball-3000.com/rally/2006/02/11/6-supercars-compared-at-nardo-part-3/

Car and 0 - 100 km/h and 0 - 300 km/h time in seconds.

Ferrari Enzo 3.6 - 26.1
    Porsche Carrera GT 3.8 - 34.2
    Mercedes SLR 3.8 - 30.6
    Lamborghini Murcielago 3.7 - 37.6
    Bentley Continental GT 5.2 - 67.2
    Aston Martin DB9 5.0 - 74.6

Around their 1600m handling course:

Carrera GT: 53.86s
    Enzo: 54.98s
    Murcielago: 55.82s
    SLR: 57.45s
    DB9: 58.82s
    Conti GT: 61.66s

21. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    I guess that ends the debate, numbers don't lie, especially a 4 sec difference for 0-300

22. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Unfortunately,numbers can lie. :( Or better yet,they can vary alot........ :p