Eurospares Mondial/308 S/S Sports Exhaust | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Eurospares Mondial/308 S/S Sports Exhaust

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by racespecferrari, Feb 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    It was bought out of ebay otherwise yes I would be ok

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Pete
    Looking at those pictures, this is an normal metal exhaust. The only thing in stainless,... the former owner put an inox shell around it and welded it. You have to ask your money back.
    Guido

3. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Hi Guido

He has ignored all correspondence, I have threatened him with legal action, I have been really busy lately but I will take a visit to the small claims court and take legal action

4. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade

This lot make stainless exhausts to order,one offs ,basically whatever you want,they did one for my Integrale,excellent job all round.Very reasonable to.

Top Gear (Northwest) Ltd
    Unit 1, Caroline Court, Billington Rd, Burnley, Lancashire BB11 5UB
    Tel: 01282 414413
    Classification:
    Exhaust System Dealers

5. Bhagwan Phagash

Bhagwan Phagash Karting

Jun 13, 2005
    Hampshire UK
    So has anyone here actually bought a Eurospares stainless system? They do appear to be good value but I haven't found anyone so far to comment from experience. My Ansa is on its last legs so I have to make a decision soon....

6. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

The one I have I am sure came from them, it is identical to the one in their website pic, but they say it wasn't one of theirs, so I can't really comment

7. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    I purchased one for my 355 I used to have - it was around two years ago now but it was excellent quality and fitted by KHPC. Sounded great - didn't look cheap and nasty and lasted well.

I have a Tubi now on my Gallardo and I have to say the quality of the Tubi is exceptional and I reckon the noise is just electrifying - despite thinking I got a great deal on the 355 s/s sports exhaust from Eurospares - I now wish I had invested in a Tubi for the 355!

8. mikesoanes1960

mikesoanes1960 Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #58 mikesoanes1960, Jun 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought this might be of interest to you. I found it while looking on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/SANS-RESERVE-POT-ECHAPPEMENT-INOX-FERRARI-Mondial-QV_W0QQitemZ8070377060QQcategoryZ9886QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It’s a Quicksilver Ferrari Mondial exhaust. It looks exactly the same as the exhaust you are having problems with. You can even see the Quicksilver sticker on the box! I think their story about it not being one of their products is total crap. Sounds like they are just trying to get out of supplying you a replacement product. Isn’t it strange this product is available from Eurospares and QV for £600 but Quicksilver try to retail the SAME exhaust for double? What is funny is the guy selling it on ebay says its just a like a tubi! Last time I checked my tubi’s they didn’t have rust on them!!! You should get back onto Quicksilver and demand a new exhaust.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Yes Mike thats exactly the same, Eursospares initially said they sold it then they said they didn't after I spoke to Quicksilver, the pic Quicksilver sent me was completely different although this is apparently by them, I suppose some F-chatters reading this thread might be put off from buying from them, so in the long run they lose out.

I have now had it professionally cleaned and I will keep it oiled regularly, so i'm not that bothered about it anymore, but thanks for letting me know

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Spooky was thinking about this thread this afternoon.

Superformance Dino exhaust has the same "wrapped in Stainless" look as Pete's original exhaust...... will post a few pics when I get into work in the morning

11. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    They're probably all made in the same place, I had forgotten about this thread until mike opened old wounds ;-),

12. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Excellent advice. Sacrificing a bit of aesthetics for performance on the track is one thing, but a street car needs to sound as good as it looks.

So Tubi does make an exhaust system for the Mondial? I wonder how I missed that. I have been considering having Bassani build me a custom system. I probably still will, as it would be considerably less expensive than anything Tubi makes.

Hmm... I am very curious as to what a MagnaFlow exhaust sounds like on a Ferrari. They have a very distinctive sound that I strongly identify with late model Mustangs. Now I love Mustangs, but even so, that exhaust is not one of my favorites.

What comes of the combination of the Ferrari engine and MagnaFlow exhaust?

And just FTR, I wouldn't say that the higher pitched, metallic sound you mention has much to do with a boy-racer image, but rather it is at least partially a result of higher revving engines. Even a 20 yr old Ferrari has a higher pitch than any modern, non F-car V8.

C.

13. Rival

Rival Formula Junior

May 12, 2005
    Misipi
    Russ, that exhaust system looks GREAT!!! How does it sound vs. stock? Cats still in place? If not, what about the strong smells of which people complain after cat removal?

I want an exhaust that sounds "better than stock," but I don't want one that's too loud or obnoxious. Furthermore, I'm not going to spend 5-10% of the car's value on a designer, name-brand exhaust just to say I've got one........trying to find a setup that reaches that happy medium, and your system looks like it could be something to consider

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    From my experience, here is a summary of lessons in doing your own exhaust, at least with fiber packed exhausts; all metal 'acoustic box' mufflers are more tinny and metallic and harsher (like a tubi or flowmaster)

The larger the muffler volume, the quieter and lower pitch;

Flat crank mufflers do NOT need a crossover or 'x-pipe'

Resonated tips have a huge effect (surprised me) - they very much smooth out the sound. That is to say a more pulsitile sound becomes more of a purr. I went from three inch non-resonated tips to 2.75 resonated with about 10" of resonator and the difference was immense, especially at idle and cruise (off-throttle).

Cats do make a difference, especially in weight and operating temperatures.

My simplified design criteria: you can roll a golf ball from one end to the other

Mine ended up very 'GT', much much quieter than the tubi with a lower pitched purr (365GTC4) vs the tubi scream (360). On full open throttle you get a deep 'woooooom'. I used the largest volume muffler that fit the space and took the single 3" in with two 2.5" out which then went to the resonators,

This all said, I'm considering fabbing up to a Euro type dual system with a set of Larini euro headers. Anyone have any experience with Larini? I've started a thread in the Technical section to document the work-up design, fabrication and installation of the new exhaust with a sound clip.

ALL suggestions and comments welcome.

thanks
    rt

15. Harmonyautosport

Harmonyautosport Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    New York
    It appears that only the welds are rusting, they could be using mild steel filler rod or have a contamination problem in the process. I would clean it with a wire wheel and have it ceramic coated. Stainless doesn’t rust but will turn black over time when the carbon comes to the surface after a lot of heat cycles.

16. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Thats what i found out thanks, I have now had it all polished properly

17. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    should they not use stainless rods ???????

18. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

Yes they must or rust is a definate. However as part of the welding process airborn contaminates can enter into the weld joint and cause subsequent rusting. Polishing can remove those on the surface and take the problem away.

But using mild steel filler? Sound wrong to me....

19. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    They should have, but I suppose thats the difference between a Tubi and a cheaper one, all I do is oil it regularly

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    My tail pipes wont shine antmore tried everything what does the oil do then ????

21. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I just put it on the parts where it rusted, just as a preventitive

22. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    some comments:

1. If you want to know if the metal is stainless steel (a chrome/steel/nickel alloy) then test with a magnet. Austenitic stainless (e.g. the common 304 grade used for exhausts) is non-magnetic as opposed to mild steel which of course is magnetic.

2. Exhaust condensate is highly corrosive, sulphur in the fuel mixes with the condensation in a cold exhaust to form sulphuric acid. This will corrode your exhaust (even stainless) from the inside-out. This is one of the (many) reasons that short runs ruin cars. You should try to make sure that the exhaust is hot enough to have evaporated ALL condensation before you turn it off. Many cars and motorcycles have small drain holes in the tail-pipe to try and promote condensation drainage.

3. Applying oil to the exhaust may be theraputic, but it will not protect anything because it will be burnt-off before you reach the end of the road. You could start a fire & it will certainly make smoke. I can see that it might possibly help in storage over winter, but it's marginal.

4. Best suggestion to externally protect welds/seams on an exhaust is to clean well with a wire brush and paint the weld generously with a high temperature paint. I admit that this is not the best looking solution though!!