fxx not designed by pininfarina | FerrariChat

fxx not designed by pininfarina

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by kidd-paul, Apr 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kidd-paul

kidd-paul Karting

Jan 17, 2006
    is this true? lost the site where i saw this. can anyone confirm?

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Well, the Enzo was designed by them, and the FXX mods to the Enzo were 100% for race purposes, not for good looks. So I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't have anything to do with the FXX.

3. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    interesting news....

4. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Is everyone here being serious?

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Probably true, although I wonder if Ferrari has their own wind tunnel, or would they share one with Pininfarina?

6. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    FXX was designed by Frank Stephenson when still was responsible for Ferrari design !!! Belive me !

7. kidd-paul

kidd-paul Karting

Jan 17, 2006
    first ferrari ive seen without the badge(pininfarina) raised my curiosity. i found my answer last week but forgot to bookmark it, not trying to make a fuss of it just thought someone else would know. still a engineering marvel 2 me :)

8. kidd-paul

kidd-paul Karting

Jan 17, 2006

im guessing u have also read the bentley flying spur is a rebodied vw phateon? what if i told u its a rebodied maseratti quattroporte ;)

9. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    What I've always wondered about:
    The FXX was modified purely for track purposes, but aren't the FXX headlights less aerodynamic than the (flat) Enzo headlights?

10. dcl

dcl Karting

Jul 21, 2005
    melbourne.au
    Full Name:
    David
    That what I've always throught.

11. wmoon89

wmoon89 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2006
    They took it off to take off the excess weight...all 2 ounces of it.

12. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    Why keep insisting saying that the FXX is an EVO Enzo?
    It´s an EVO Maser.

Regards.
    Cris.-

13. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz

14. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I am not positive on this but I do not believe that any of the race car evo's have been designed by Pininfarina. I think Ferrari sends the stock design to the race department and the modify the design for better aero. The F50GT does not have a Pininfarina emblem and I remember reading that Ferrari was responsible for the design, I think it was in Cavallino magazine that I read that. I don't remember ever seeing Pininfarina emblems on 575GTCs or 360GTCs either. I also dont think the 288 GTO Evo is Pininfarina designed either.

15. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    about the headlights-
    i really want someone to prove to my roommate that they function better than the enzo's lights... I assume their aerodynamic impact is negligent when compard to their weight saving or something, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why they stick out like that... maybe it's because the brake vent channel is so large, there was no room to flush the headlight with the body? Someone please shed some [head]light on why they did this...

16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    less weight... in-set headlights would weigh more, and are harder to replace.

the aero is perhaps dirtier; but not significantly... cd x frontal area squared is its bias... however, being that the FXX reaches top speed RPM limited, and is perhaps a little less aero efficient; while not affecting front/rear d/f balance... its a non-issue.

17. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #17 4re4ever, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yes Ferrari have a wind tunnel manly used for F1, But I was told they used it for Enzo and some point. and other roadcars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    Menoy said:
    "which is an Evo Enzo..?"

YEAH!

19. EL Nino

EL Nino Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    I think that Ferrari designed the FXX. But I hope PininFarina did it!

20. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    "The new FXX is a highly-modified Enzo by Ferrari motorsport"
    --roada&dtrack september 2005

21. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    I could be wrong but I am 99.9 % sure a Japanese guy working at Pininfarina designed the enzo, hence the harsh angles. Same type of thing happened with the new viper. The new viper was designed by a japanese guy which is why it went from round to harsh lines.

22. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    #23 jorge.rios, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Obviously Pininfarina didn't design the FXX.

Pininfarina doesn't design the Ferrari Formula 1 cars.....so why would they design any other racing vehicle?

24. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON
    I'm 110% that the Enzo was designed by PininFarina and the desginer was Japanese He was latered fired from Pinin. for doing to many other designs on the side of working for Pinin. And as for the Fxx the body is some what enzo but Pinnfarina did not design the car ferrari did this work using the enzo as the test bed, the mule car was an enzo and ferrari using the test mule made the improved body work to work for the fxx as for the fxx which is now improved to the evo. So Pinin some what did design the car ,if you look at the fxx it is an Enzo but as for the improved down force from the bodywork if is from ferrari. Ferrari has the say if there going to work with the design or not. Ferrari has a lot to do with all there design its not just Pinin. all there cars use the wind tunnel not just the f1 team. Ferrari works with Pinin on all designs to fine tune the cars Pinin. just does the looks that is it.