575M, F430, CGT, Ford GT, Murcielago, Gallardo | FerrariChat

575M, F430, CGT, Ford GT, Murcielago, Gallardo

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by SupercarFreak, Apr 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  2. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    What were some of his thoughts on the cars?

Typically when someone meets an individual with a great collection, they have some interesting comments about cars we rarely get to hear about from individuals. Things like "Well I love the CGT, but the F50 is by far my most favorite to drive, and it feels alot faster" (just an example).

Great pictures btw!

3. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    A few things.

If he had to drive one of them in the rain it would be the Maranello as the engine is better sealed from water compared to the other cars.
    He said it could also benefit from a bit more legroom.

The F430 is loud at idle. He said just by touching the throttle while cruising will change the engine note very noticeably. Even in automatic mode the car holds onto the revs for a while.

The CGT is the biggest pain in the ass to get into, and he said the seats could be a little wider. The only way to start out in the CGT is to feather the clutch, if you give it any gas it will stall. The shift knob location looks awkward; works perfectly.

The 2 rectangular vents on the front of the Ford GT's airdam are fake. Rear visibility is basically non-existent.

The Gallardo's sound system is nice but does not have enough maximum volume.

You can only open the ventilation ducts on the Murcielago with the engine running, if you do it with it off you have to take it back to the dealer to reset it.

I noticed the exhaust on the Murcielago is extremely quiet. His is an '06 model, I believe Lamborghini redesigned the exhaust to be much quieter on the '05+ model. Why? No idea. The original Murcielagos sound fantastic.

That's what I remember.

4. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
  5. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Thanks for the info man!

6. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    I LOVE his license plates. Their all genius!

7. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  8. wmoon89

wmoon89 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2006
    F430 in F1 but Gallardo in 6-spd, interesting.

9. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
  10. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    ohhhhhhhh geez :D heaven

11. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Now thats what i call a collector, a mixed selection of cars is great!

I dont know the details but he sounds like a great guy and one that should be admired for sharing his enthusiasm with others. Must be a real dream come true for him to own those vehicles.

Regards,

Matthew

12. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Heard about this guy on Lambo Power. He seems like a great guy, and I'd love to meet him and do some photography. Very nice pics. Thank you very much!

13. azudno

azudno Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Savannah, Ga
    Full Name:
    David
    Unbelievable!! I would never leave the garage......words can't describe such a sight! I loved the video footage of the F430 and CGT at idle......perhaps we can have some more videos, maybe on the road next time?? Please!! Thanks again. Great shots.

14. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    thanks, glad you like them.

Never leave the garage, huh? I'd never be in the garage, I'd be on the road!!! :-D

I would have taken videos of them on the road of course, but we didn't drive them.

I hope to meet him again some day!

I was really impressed with the F430 (looks much better in person, still don't love the rear though), especially the sound! Magnifique! Anyone who puts a Tubi on it is out of their mind!!!

15. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Very cool, love that F430.

X Hippie...LMFAO!!!! :D

16. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    hold on, holy ****! Ohio?!! Where in Ohio?