How to sell UK Number Plate "S99 FER"? | FerrariChat

How to sell UK Number Plate "S99 FER"?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sanfran, Apr 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Hi,

I have the UK Number Plate "S99 FER" and have no need for it anymore.

How would I find a buyer for it? Is there a website where people advertise number plates?

What do you think is an appropriate price?

Thank you for your help.

Oliver

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Never bought or sold one. If this is serious the S99 FER is going to be worth a bit I would of thought.
    With the 599 GTB out.....

www.regtransfers.co.uk is one such site. There are others look in the Top Gear mag.

3. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver

Thank you for your help. I submitted an evaluation request. Has the 599 reached showrooms yet? I saw several at the factory in Maranello last week but have not seen any on the road yet. I like the look.

4. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Try the FOC website

5. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Oliver,

If you have no luck selling, drop me a PM and let me know what you were thinking of in terms of value.

And no, the 599 hasnt his the showrooms yet.

All the best

Jamie

6. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver

www.regtransfers.co.uk sent me this email back, so I guess they'll offer it for £10000:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thank you for your enquiry regarding registration mark S99 FER. We would be pleased to sell the
    registration on your behalf and would return you the sum of £5000 NET to yourself upon
    the completion of the transfer.
    Please click on the link below to authorise us to advertise and sell your registration mark.
    In the event the link does not work please cut and paste the line below into the address bar on your browser.

***** YOU MUST CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR US TO SELL YOUR REGISTRATION (NOT THE REPLY BUTTON ABOVE!) ***********
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    If your not happy with them offering you £5k just whack an advert in the Sunday Times.

Ps could you please fill out some of your details in you profile, thanks

8. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Sunday Times... get an ad in there priced about £8-10k. The plate will easily sell and regtransfers are only trying to take your money, they are in the game for profits and would only be a middle man in the deal.

9. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Be careful if you go down this route. This is not an offer of £5,000. It is a speculative figure to get your interest. I got two such offers for a couple of cheapie plates I had. There is no way they would have returned the money they said especially as they would have asked significantly more for them.

10. moulag

moulag Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    As with anything these things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay. I would recommend too taking an ad in The Sunday Times Driving section and placing an ad on the FOC site in the UK.

It is not as desirable as 599 GTB/FER or S99 GTB but put an ad in for offers over &#163;X grand and see what happens.

11. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Just out of interest, when did you buy the plate?

or was it just a fluke that Ferrari came out with the 599

Whichever I think you will make a lot from it

12. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Trax,

Just from hazy memories from post on here, I think Sanfran bough a car from around the Putney area (a white 360 spider, with red interior) recently, and is or has exported it back to the US. S99FER was on the car that he bought but now no longer has a need to the UK registration.

All the best
    Jamie

13. moulag

moulag Karting

Nov 6, 2003
  14. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

I remember that, nice looking car
    What sort of dealer could be so stupid as to have not kept that plate? - clearly not a Ferrari dealer

15. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Haha the DVLA auction reserve prices mean very little... that is quite a high reserve for a DVLA auction and I would guess a price closer to £5k is near the mark :D

16. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver

Jamie,

You are paying very close attention. Yes, I picked up the car in London on April 5th and drove it for about 2200 miles down to Nice and back to Maranello. From there it was shipped via air to CA. I picked it up from the airport last week. The car arrived only one day after I did.

Oliver

17. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Below are links to some videos of my drive from London to Nice in a white 360 Spider.

Italy was the most fun with all the tunnels and turns. The best Autostrada is the A26 from somewhere around Parma to Genova. Light traffic, six lanes, and lots of turns & tunnels. The first video is the A26.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=Modena2GenovaA26.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=8043a235.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=aa58c94f.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/oruehr/?action=view&current=5e6f1f81.flv

18. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
  19. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Oliver,
    did you get the registration plate transfered onto a retention certificate before you exported the car?

20. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Haha! I'm not a stalker or anythng, the car is a very rare colour combintion (lovely IMO) and Putney is only abour 2 miles from where I live.

Jesus Oliver, are you living the dream or what? LOL! That road trip looks awesome - blatting aroun in all weathers at all speeds. Good work! Nice collection of cars too, 911 Turbo Cab and E55 is it? I had a bash in an new E55 for the first time last week - awesome!

Any more photo's of the car in its new home? I dare say you'll be able to use it more there than you would around these parts!

All the best
    Jamie