EXOTICORSO PICTURES! | FerrariChat

EXOTICORSO PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brandi_L, Apr 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    We all had a great time at ExotiCorso!
    Thank you to Lamborghini Las Vegas for everything they did to help make this an awesome event!

<pics removed at request of user>

2. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    ... and where are the pictures?

3. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    I saw the ENZO and ROADSTER running around the strip on Monday morn. what a sweet way to start my vac. off

4. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno &amp; Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Any more pics??? Doesn't look like that many cars showed up.

5. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    We had quite a few cars for this event......the pictures from the Pioneer Saloon were just of one group. We were doing a poker run that day and that was one of the stops.

6. ekosan

ekosan Karting

Apr 25, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    ekosan
  7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    One of your stops was a biker bar?? nice ...

8. Mrs_Phantom_SD

Mrs_Phantom_SD Karting

Jan 4, 2006
    noneya
    Full Name:
    JC
    Let me say, it was clear to us and others who attended last years event, that those who were responsible for organizing the Exotic Corso event clearly had nothing to do with Scuderia Rampage. I recall in the initial announcement that the organizers of the Exotic Corso claimed to have years of experience organizing events such as these, and that Exotic Corso will exceed last years event.

Well I'm sorry to say that this event fell $1,600 shy of reaching any of our expectations!

Who did organize this event? LV FCA? Lamborghini LV? Roland Linder? Quick Chick Racing? Hells Angels? Where did our $1,600 admission go? How much of our registration went to the charity? Because it wasn't present in the organization or execution of this event!

For $1,600 we were treated to beer at a biker bar, a visit from Roland Linder, poorly organized drives & dinners, directions which left most of us wandering lost through Nevada followed by NHP troopers...! This was far from what we were lead to expecte for the money! $75.00 would have been to much to ask for this event......

We really missed the festive atmosphere and people from last year and expected something equal to or greater in scale to what we were paying, instead we were greatly disappointed and embarrassed! Had we known it was gonna be like this we would have brought the Corvette! The only thing missing from this whole experience was a room block at Circus Circus and Dog The Bounty Hunter!

Maybe it is just me but I have become accustomed to classier events such as the drives from the FOC and FDC. My hat is off to the FOC Rampage, they really know how to put on an event as well as Byron with the FDC in Los Angeles. This event (Exotic Corso) was not better than the Rampage as we were assured it would be. What a let down.

9. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    This event was for charity and we did send 32 kids to camp for the Nevada Diabetes Association.

10. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno &amp; Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Sorry to hear you wasted $1,600! I am glad I save my $1,600 and didn't attend. My money is going to the Scuderia Rampage in Sonoma in May. So far the Rampage looks to great fun. I will surely post my opinion of Pimpdaddy's event (good or bad).

Events organized for a passion of exotics rather than cash in the organizers pocket tend to be better events. I know these events cost money and time to organize, but if you are going to charge big bucks you better provide the big bang!!! IMO

11. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    The Sunbeam Tiger clubs run an annual 3 day event. It includes a Rally, Autox and Concours.
    $205 dollars gets you entry plus two banquets, one with featured guest speakers. Three years ago the guest was Carrol Shelby.

Hotel rooms not included. This year it is being held in Santa Cruz and the rooms are $100 a night.

Exotic Corso was not hurting with a $1600 admission fee.

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado

I thought the cost was $850 admission fee?

13. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    $800 per person......

14. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    I am just wondering where were the dinners at, what was served, and did you have to pay extra? How lost did you get? For me getting lost while driving a high dollar machine isn't such a bad thing.

15. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    The two full scale dinners were at Piero’s Italian Restaurant, and The Stirling Club. Both are exceptional venues, Piero’s being a special favorite of mine. From my experience as a local, I’m guessing it would be hard for a visitor to spend less than $400 per person at the two combined (if you could get into Stirling … it’s private), especially since a completely open (and very well used) bar was included each evening.

I have no idea what the breakfast at Red Rock Country Club (also private), catered lunch at the track, etc. would cost.

16. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Bob I would agree with you!!!

also, wouldnt you need to show up or even attend some of the venues to talk bad about them ???

And all meals were FULL COURSE!!! and OPEN BAR :p

-a

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Question: Why are most of the photos of Lamborghinis? I thought this was Ferrari Chat?

18. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There were many Ferrari's there as well including FCar's being driven with great vigor on the track. Lambo LV was very generous with their facilities and extremely generous with the use of their cars including providing track time in them. The sample of photos in this post may be randomly tilted that way a bit but for what they provided a little early recognition is fair.

There were a lot of Lambo's at the Rampage event in LV last year as well.

As an aside, Lambo LV had a stunning 512 on the floor.

19. Mrs_Phantom_SD

Mrs_Phantom_SD Karting

Jan 4, 2006
    noneya
    Full Name:
    JC
    Well first of all I’m glad that I am able to respond to your initial response before you hit the edit button and deleted your statement and inserted the Charity comment.

As for the Pioneer Saloon, of course I was scared to get out of my car! Scared of becoming a ghost myself! I never threw my nose up to anyone, there is a difference between ‘Fearing for ones life’ and ‘arrogance’. I was very uncomfortable in that environment and truthfully, I felt we would have been safer shaving tigers in Siegfried and Roy’s compound!

As for your proposed explanation of value I still don’t see it. I would be very interested in seeing how much of our $1,600 went to charity because, like I said before, it was clearly not present in this event and I would like to claim the deduction.

As for the Scuderia Rampage and your allegation that we purchased $1,600 worth of passes with the intention to slam your event is absurd! We purchased admission to this event before any announcements were made regarding this years Rampage and to show you our optimism based upon the expectations and claims made by Exotic Corso here on Ferrari Chat and via private correspondence that this event would exceed last years Scuderia Rampage, we were very excited to share your event with our friends and fellow club members http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135468265&postcount=23 , Of course upon hearing about the Scuderia Rampage we were equally excited and yes, to be fair, we also shared that information with our friends too, even though we haven’t registered for the Rampage but intend to do so soon.

Last year we met wonderful people and developed strong lasting friendships. Unfortunately that magic was absent during this event. Take it for what it is worth, Yes, we intend to attend the Rampage in hopes that someone can recreate what made last year such a special event, of course if we end up visiting some biker bar, getting lost and missing dinner, or bending our rims in some trench outside the country club, or paying our waitress $50 for a glass of coke like we did this past weekend, we will be making our opinions and frustration known again!

Don’t bother flaming us, we choose to attend this event spending $1,600. So before you decide to attack us because we frustrated you by expressing our opinions here, take a look at that deposit slip and remember, we can ***** all we want but you have our money now!

Best of luck.

20. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Why are the pics missing now?

21. bSIG

bSIG Rookie

Mar 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    bSIG

LOL...... funny stuff, maybe you should've done a little research before you pay up the 1600 grand.

Good luck.

22. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    ARE YOU DELUSIONAL???

I'm sorry, I already know the answer to that....

as a reminder, here were the venues for the event, no attendee was asked to pay a dime extra at any restaurant regardless of what they ate or drank.

24 hour security at Bellagio
    Hors d' oeuvres and open bar at Lamborghini
    Las Vegas Motor speedway/ fire & safety/insurance
    Limos to and from Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    lunch at the speedway
    Dinner and open bar at Pieros (including private security for the cars):
    Dinner and open bar at Sterling club (Exclusive club)
    Coaches to Sterling club
    breakfast at Red Rock Country club (exclusive club)
    Schedule booklet/ printing
    T-shirts for participants
    etc, etc....

Several of our attendees had so much fun at the "biker bar" that they skipped the rest of the poker run just to hang out. We have taken several groups to this place ( yes, upscale groups) and it is always the highlight of the day.

You say you got lost so you couldn't attend dinner. Did you ever think to look at the maps, or in the back of the booklet we provided for the phone numbers of the destinations, any of the organizers, or anybody else who might be able to help you get un-lost?

trench outside Red Rock Country club???? No offense, but you must have been really trying to find a trench, there is no construction anywhere NEAR RRCC.....

$50.00 for a coke????
    ALL BEVERAGES, alcoholic and non, were PROVIDED AT NO COST at ALL of our venues. How is it ExotiCorso's fault if you went somewhere else (that we had nothing to do with) and paid an extrodinary amount for a coke?? Were we suppose to follow you around 24 hours a day to make sure you weren't ripped off somewhere on your trip???--was that a glass of coke, or a line??

It was obvious to several people that you were not there to have fun.

99.9% of the people that attended this event have given us wonderful feedback, we have recieved several phone calls to that effect. I am sorry that you did not attend the whole event. It is truely difficult to see how you can accuratly judge an event when you didn't show up to half the venues. Maybe if you had joined us, you wouldn't have been out there paying $50.00 for a coke!

23. Mrs_Phantom_SD

Mrs_Phantom_SD Karting

Jan 4, 2006
    noneya
    Full Name:
    JC
    Agreed, we attended the Scuderia Rampage previously and enjoyed it very much, of course there were some things that could have been better but overall it was an exceptional event and for the cost, I believe it was $250 per person, It exceeded our expectations.

When we read here on F-Chat that the Exotic Corso was being organized on the same dates, with a similar schedule, sponsors, and organized by those ‘allegedly’ responsible for making the Scuderia Rampage such an enjoyable and successful event we were excited to join the gang again. Based upon last years experience we were confident that the increase in admission would be well worth it. We were sadly disappointed that Exotic Corso did not meet our expectations based upon the $1,600 we paid for admission.

What’s with these Personal attacks? Just because someone voices their opinions and displeasure you have to attack us by claiming we are delusional or elitist! We will not be bullied or intimidated by you, Brandi or others involved with exotic corso we have every right to voice our displeasure and have done so respectively without demeaning you or any other organizer. If your insults are an attempt to save face, we are not the ones you need to worry about, your worries should lay with the magazine editor/photographer that was there to capture the disaster, the bent HRE rims and pictures of the trench and listening to 12 people that were lost as well as everyone sitting around complaining about it the entire time at the Lake.

We purchased lunch because that was not included as you stated in your post.

When the coke was requested we were told the only drinks on the menu were "coffee, tea, water and orange juice. Ask your sponsors because they were at our table and were also shocked. Not so much to say for the country club atmosphere either.

The point you do not understand is that we feel this experience was not a $1,600 value, unless our admission did in fact go to some charity in which case we would like to know.

So, with that $1600.00 per couple and 22 cars that is $35,200.00 where did the rest of the money go? And let’s add the track time at $275.00 per car totaling $6050.00 for a grand total of $41,250.00 now please understand that I was only able to get pictures of 22 cars and there were still couples arriving after we were leaving so the above figure could actually exceed $45,000.00. Not including any dollars donated for the venues via your sponsors.

All I want is my total for tax reasons or your federal ID number. If this were an actual charity event the FEIN # should be available for contribution deductions.

A charity event is just that.

24. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    Oh please..... You voice your displeasure and attack the event. Fine, but why do you also pump up another event in the same posts?

25. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I did not attend the event, but I do run a Ferrari event in the fall in Arizona and $45k for a 3-4 day event all meals and drinks inclusive, does not seem like a lot of money. We put on a one day car show with a meal and some perks (t-shirts and goodie bags) and it costs us close to $15k. The things listed that were included seem to be valuable, full meals and drinks at very nice establishments, gets very expensive. Especially when you have people giving you the "Ferrari owner discount" +20% everytime you try to organize an event for the club. Reserving Track time and paying for security easily ads up. Again I don't know how the event went or if it was worth it, but it seems you could easily spend $800 per person in Vegas in 4 days, just on meals and entertainment alone.

I do apologize to the organizers for not attending this year. It seemed like a really nice event and sad I was not able to attend.