My Challenge race car is done! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My Challenge race car is done!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Apr 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Congrats Jeffrey! Best looking Challenge car around. How do you plan on protecting the paint?

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Derek. Been thinking about that ... :)

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wow - the car looks great. I saw it at Costa's shop when we did that run recently but didn't know it was almost finished.

Definitely up for a ride!!!

Congratulations

Kev

4. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances
    Congratulations Jeffrey! It's gorgeous :)

5. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Beautiful car Jeffrey!

? for ya, how does it behave compared to the Stradale? Obviously the 360 is diff. than the CS, but what about the CS to the Challenge?

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Good question Brandon. Someone else asked me that today. First of all - being a race car makes it feel like a rattle trap piece of junk on any surface other than a smooth race track. The suspension is so firm that it feels like you are rolling on Flintstone wheels. There is literally no suspension travel. However, on a race track it feels like nothing else. I have driven street Ferraris on a track before and although they handle well there is no comparison to a purpose built race car. The race car feels completely at home on a track. There is almost no body roll and everything works like you would imagine it to. It is loud as heck since there is no sound deadening anywhere. There is a thin piece of Lexan between the cockpit and engine compartment. It might as well not be there. Fortunately, alot of the sound is deadend by your helmet. The car is extremely light - about 2500 pounds (compared to 2850 for a CS and 3100 for a regular 360). It also has more power with upgraded ECUs and no emission restrictions. It feels very fast and very responsive. Redline is 9000+. I was hoping to drive it on the streets occasionally with a dealer plate but with the race clutch and the race suspension it is literally undriveable anywhere except the track.

7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    So when are you going to let me drive it?! ;)

Best of Luck with her, she's gorgeous.

8. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome car, congrats Jeffrey. Got any interior shots?

9. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
    I saw your challenge race car at FX a few times, looks good in person and FX did a great job on the paint.

10. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    OMG... Jeffrey! You just seem to never run out of cool things to do :) Awesome 360Challenge! Looks like Angel did a awesome job on the paint and s! Wish you the best J-Man!!!

-B-

11. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Yo J -
    Amazing looking car... glad it ran well over the weekend... can't wait to see it in action in person one day!
    B.

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice Jeffrey, congrats!

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey Chris - I didn't shoot any that day but will shoot some this weekend. Interior came out as well as the exterior!

14. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Jeff,

Was a blast to have you there, just sad we didnt get to run more together... :)

we will save that for Sonoma :)

and no stealing my RIG design :) haha

-a

15. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Jeffrey, great car, great design, glad to hear your comments about running on the street, as I have thought about that at times(like so many!!).
    I know how you keep your cars up and started addding up the cleaning time for the various cars, trailers etc and am not coming up with much time for anything else!!
    Enjoy in good health. Look forward to a ride next month in Sonoma. John

16. dynwolf

dynwolf Rookie

Sep 16, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Jeffery,

Excuse me if I've missed this elsewhere, but do you intend to run the car in the Challenge series? If so, how much longer is the 360 eligible for? (I seem to remember the 355 Challenge cars were phased out about two seasons after the 360's were available. As I assume the 430 Challenge Cars can't be far off, I was curious as to how much longer the 360's would be allowed to run.)

Great looking car.

JM

17. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    360's are no longer in the challenge seriies, but they are a blast for track days and for club events.

They are ran in other events as well, just not the Challenge (Ferrari) thar ra is

as I understand, Jeff is the same as I, we just like to have nice track cars and run them.

-a

18. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    I was under the impression that 360s are still running in the series? The schedule that I received today shows the Challenge class as being 360/430. In that case, I think Jeffrey should definitely enter the race :) Or, I will be happy to drive his car for him :D

19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks! The 360s are actually still eligible for the Challenge series. They are running both models this season. Next season it will only be 430s. As Motion indicated we're going to the Sonoma race in May and the schedule shows both models running throughout the weekend.

20. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

well I am pulling my foot out of my mouth, as I got a bit confused as I read 355 60 and 355, and thought back to those days :-(

-a

21. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Very beautiful Jeffrey! Can't believe you didn't tell me you were having this done. Looks like you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

I guess I'm going to have to make it out to the next track day! :)

22. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    Jeffrey, the car looks fantastic! Quick question, you are not running slicks?

23. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Jeffery,

It all about silver i love it!!!!!!!

24. Mrs_Phantom_SD

Mrs_Phantom_SD Karting

Jan 4, 2006
    noneya
    Full Name:
    JC
    A great car for a better man, have a blast and enjoy it. Hope to see your new baby soon.

Congratulations!

25. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I have the slicks but did not have time to put them on. I was not going to the event until 6pm the night before. The car was not going to be ready. Just ran out of time and figured ... what the heck ... just run it on the street tires. Easier learning curve while I got used to the characteristics of the car. Slicks next time for sure! :)