cigar gtg? | FerrariChat

cigar gtg?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by s4dustin, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I got this cigar guy in the center...see
    and he wants to do an event......see
    he will pass out some free cigars......see
    anybody interested.....see
    should i put a deal together....see

savvy
    d

2. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    by the by, it is the same center as "********** GTG". And he will pass them out for FREE as a promotion. (if i didnt make that part clear) I just need some feedback....i will set a date .....and then RSVP so i know what to tell him.
    d

3. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I like the idea -- maybe next weekend (28/29)?

Do you know if the F-chatters who came up last time went on a drive afterward? The time I came up a few weeks ago, I went on an impromptu canyon drive with the mini club that was meeting there. It was a great time -- I think these gatherings would be popular if there were canyon drives associated with them afterwards.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    La Gloria Cubana Maduro Double Corona and I'll show up, with or without the g/f. My sedan is out of the shop on Monday and would like to celebrate the following weekend :D

5. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    jdb, yeah, Scott with his 360, Mike with his 348 spider and I went on a canyon run. A couple of other cars joined us. It was pretty good with just a few cars.

6. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    You mean all I have to do is put 200 miles on my F40 and I can get a FREE cigar???
    What a deal!!!
    And if I am one of the first 10 F-Cars I can get a FREE cup of COFFEE too!!

Somebody Hold me back!!!!

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Rick,
    You're killing me... LOL. :) C'mon... give the guy a break... he's trying to get some guys to show up and have a good time - although, having a cigar at 10am may not be exactly my idea of a good time! j/k. Coffee, now that's a different story!
    B.

8. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    tough audience....not necessarily 10 am or sunday. I am first seeing if there is a response and then i will try to find the best time for all of us. I will call Fidel and see what he has.....I will give it a couple of more days and then set a date. As per the gtg, they do do a drive after. And, I will get you guys here...just time.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    LOL, I think Rick is just busting his balls a little because Dustin is coming off more like a salesman than an enthusiast.

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Byron, if you recall, the fourth time we met, I had a stogie going at around 7:30am and was basking in the sun at the Federal building waiting for you and JL this time last year. What's wrong with a little schumpin schumpin in the morning? :D

Sunny

11. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    hardly! first of all, the cigar guy came to me and offered the FREE cigars. I make no $ on that. Secondly, if you guys are going to come (sometime) and enjoy cigars....well there you go. I could care less if you smoke it was an offer, nothing more. I am just trying to be as accomodating as possible. It is true, i do not yet own a Ferrari, an audi s4 for now, but I will. Also understand, from a psychic perspective, when i arrive to work on sundays and a variety of people with cool cars come from all over, get together, have a nice time...AND GET ALONG....that does alot for me. If any of you live in the area or know any of my regulars, they will tell you about my customer service and my disposition. I am not here to rip anybody off! I offer a superior product and service. Which again, i offered to a number of you for free, as appreciation for trying or participating in something new. In a nut shell, I love my job and by incorporating different aspects of my life into it (the cars, bicycle groups that are meeting, the sportbikes, and charity events), I am having a great time. And so are those that show up. I do not want to seem overly ambitious, just highly motivated. If you would like to come please do, otherwise have a great day.
    Regards,
    Dustin

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I apologize Dustin - It's just that I felt you were getting irritated with us with posts like this :

"I want all of you here......again, what is it going to take?"

13. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    i understand.....and i too apologize if i come off strong. I dont like to *****foot around. I believe in being as straight foward as possible. I do not want to bs anybody. I do want you here, and if there was a way for me to be more accomodating or to expedote the process and it was possible i would do it. With the sportbikes for example....it took me months to get them here and when they did come...they were floored. I asked them what they wanted....(garbarge cans, certain food items, putting notices up about the rules) and i did it. I further started to cultivate a relationship with a senior lead officer with the LAPD and a CHP in the COPS (community outreach program) in hopes of keeping the event under control and alive. The amazing part was that they responded so well to all of my effort. They stated that they had never had anybody try so hard, let alone invite them to the location. They brought me more garbage cans, they help me clean up the lot, stack chairs, promote, and police themselves. And it is safe to say that this never happend at any other of their locations. The point is that it is a win-win. It is my belief that if i expressed the same thoughts/efforts to certain other groups (of my personal interests) and they recognized this, i would have a similiar response. Everyone is welcome. They abide by the rules...i dont care if it is a Ferrari or a Fiero, it is all about fun and mutual respect.
    It is also nice because i stand 100% behind my staff and product. I have kicked people out for being rude to my employees and i have fired employees for being rude to my customers. In any event, i am rambling.....but I do understand where you were coming from and i hope with this further explanation you can understand me a little bit more.
    If you ever have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate.
    Dustin

14. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Nobody likes a hard sale Dustin. We are bombarded all day by spam/pop ups/bill boards/comercials etc trying to coax us into doing stuff. When it comes to our leisure/enjoyment time activities we don't want to see the same type of bombardment day in and day out. Especially amongst a tight knit group of people such as socal f-chat. I think the majority of the people have got the point now and if they want to go they will go. If you keep the advertising coming you will ruffle more and more feathers. I'm surprised moderators havn't contacted you yet for using the forum as an advertising venue which goes against the forum rules. Your a nice guy I enjoyed meeting you and your shop is very nice. I think it will all work out if you ease up a bit on the forum.

15. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
  16. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I'll definitely be there.

Sunny

17. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    well, if Sunny is going then it must be worth the trip

18. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ryan, its always worth the trip. :D Rain or shine, its an excuse to have a cigar with buds. Sounds cool! Msg me if you will definitely be there.

Sunny

19. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Sunny,
    I'm Not so sure about the rain or shine part. I would like to make a run thru the canyons going up and coming back to make the day more interesting. I don't have a problem driving my F40 in the rain (I was one of 3 Ferrari's at CC this weekend) But I do have a problem driving thru the canyons with rocks and mud washed onto the road from the rain.

Dustin,
    I had a group of cars coming up last weekend as I posted on your last thread, but we called it off due to the rain. I think there are events scheduled for the next 2 Sundays down here, so maybe we can see you on March 14th. It is not an F1 weekend, so if anyone is interested, lets plan on it.

Rick

20. den1s

den1s Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    The weather was foul on Sunday and even i took the SUV but i just wanted to say that the coffee was fantastic and the hospitality couldnt have been better.
    i think i saved the price of the gas and coffee on reading the car magazines that i would otherwise has purchased and now i know where my old ones are going to be donated to.
    dennis

21. den1s

den1s Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    The weather was foul on Sunday and even i took the SUV but i just wanted to say that the coffee was fantastic and the hospitality couldnt have been better.
    i think i saved the price of the gas and coffee on reading the car magazines that i would otherwise has purchased and now i know where my old ones are going to be donated to.
    dennis

22. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Lets get a head count and designate a day then. If you are coming this sunday please post...also, if we are going to designate a day, lets put it together...i would rather have too many cigars then too little. Thanks for the post Dennis, it was a pleasure to meet you.
    D

23. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    Count me in for sunday 29th

24. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I forgot I said I would be in Long Beach for the Yardhouse get together and drive. But more importantly, I have to get a remote control back to Jordan (for a DVD player I borrowed in a pinch), or else I will lose my steady supply of "material." Exotic car pictures that is. :D

Sunny

25. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL!!! No rush Sunny. Its been a few months since Ive been able to watch movies though, so this occasion is deserving of a celebration! Lets go get some BJs! You know how much I love them! I can show you some more "material" there...

:)