Spring 06 spotted | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Spring 06 spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You mean your car still isn't ready? What were they doing to it? The Green one that my son and I saw when we were there LAST Thursday afternoon was out in front of the Service doors next to the West side showroom windows. I thought that, after you had mentioned here that you were supposed to pick your car up that next day, (last Friday) That the one outside in front was your car waiting to be picked up.

You know....I just don't get it with these "High End" Car Dealers that leave your car outside in the elements for weeks on end until it's finally worked on. As if they really don't give a sh*t about YOUR investment....That is, until it's time to pay up....

Anytime I have called to make a service appointment, with ANY car that I've owned. (I take alot of pride in my Cars, I Take good care of them. And I keep them very clean. And I expect the people that Service my car to do the same.) So I always ask them when EXACTLY do they plan on actually working on my car. So then I can bring it there, on THAT DAY, and hopefully they'll put it inside and start working on it that day. Problem is, "out of sight, out of mind". And if your car isn't actually there. They start working on something else, and sometimes your car ends up sitting outside anyway!

Sure, usually they clean it up for you when you pick it up. That's not the point...But WTF? I mean, I keep my car stored indoors always. Covered. Clean. And that should be the LEAST of all things that I should have to think about when I am paying exhuberant service dollars and usually end up waiting for well after the promised date. Kind of makes you wonder just what kind of place is it that doesn't care about somebody else's expensive property. You know?....

Or when you go to an "Exotic" or "High End" car dealer and see $100-200K+ cars sitting outside all full of dirt and dust...(Ice and Snow in the Winter) WTF is that? "Oh Yeah! I want That one!!!" "Which one?" "The one with the least amount of crap on it!"....:) You can expect that at a Ford dealer...But not with very expensive pieces of fine Italian machinery....:)

I think that the only "High End" place around that has the room to put your Baby inside, that I know of, anyway. Is Lake Forest Sportscars. Although, at their old place, they didn't have the room to do it either.

They all should get a Steel Storage Building. Or a Canopy...Or even a freakin' Barrett-Jackson style Tent! SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!

2. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    lotta nice cars in hinsdale today

older rollys royce
    older bentley
    maserati quattroporte
    lotus elise

on york rode i think it was when iwas walkign to micky d's

then in town i saw a nice bentley arnage l or somethig (red) a bentley continental gt (black and photo) a bmw m5 (silver and photo) and 3 turbos and a lot of carrera's and a few boxters.

3. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    yes, the m5 was at wrigley. saw 2 that night both at wrigley but my camera ran outta battery to take the second and yes the last one is from the drive on November 13. My birthday :D!

4. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    saw a beautiful ferrari 360 (silver and got a pic) at oakbrook mall today. the guy driving was like 20 and a huge *** haha, got outta the car and already had a chick :-(, oh what cars can do.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #130 tifosi12, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    black elise going north on 294 around 1pm

7. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    2 matching yllw 360s driving together/stopped for gas at shell gas station on rt.59 n rt.34 at 3:00pm today(1 of them had 360 challange rims not sure about the second one)-even got to hear them leave the gas station together(nothing quite like the sound of 2 360s hitting the gas pedal at the same time-those engines were SCREAMING-INSTANT MEMORY FOR LIFE(the wife even loved that special Ferrari sound!!!)

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Yeah, cool ride!

Remember checking the 'Mach Meter' at the front of the cabin, each time I flew on her!

9. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    May 21st is the Alfa Club's Spring Tour that follows the I&M out to Starved Rock.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You did? Way cool!

So far I only knew one person (my neighbour) who flew on it past the Mach 1 level. In a way it is funny: I have flown 1,000 km/h in a regular airplane (strong tailwind across the Atlantic), but at 40k feet, so it isn't really Mach 1. :)

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Charcoal Grey or Dark Silverish looking Carrera GT headed Eastbound on Butterfield Rd. at Meyers in Downers Grove/Lombard last Evening around 6:30PM.

5 Minutes later, a Gold, late '50's or early '60's Rolls headed the same way on the same road.

The Parents of my old buddy that passed away used to use the Concorde every time they flew back and forth across the pond. That thing was the "Lamborghini Countach" of the Jet world....:)

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  13. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    flying spur in hinsdale town, and my friends BMW Z8.

14. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
  15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #140 tifosi12, Apr 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I came across this ad for the Swiss Lottery. Thought it was kinda funny. Think about the spotter's reports in that neighbourhood...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Silver 430 Spider on Rt41 in Highland Park.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Saw a Black Bentley Arnage in Elmhurst today around Noon while I was getting a Haircut. Nice Car!

18. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Anyone know how owns a yellow TR with a personalized plate? Saw it this afternoon going north at the end of the magnificent mile.

19. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    TR? whats that

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Testarossa; or maybe he meant a 512TR (a later model Testarossa)?

21. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a 512TR or maybe the earlier Testrossa.

22. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Just saw a yellow 360 coupe going S on Michigan near Washington, and a silver Elise parked on Wabash.

23. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bikes I saw Wed. night... Vincent Black Shadow and Black Knight, Laverda twin and triple, BSA Hornet, Royal Enfield Continental GT full-fairing road-racer and a lot more - Bucktown Pub - Cortland and Paulina - regular Wednesday night get-together of the ChiVinMoto people.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Metallic Lotus Elise Southbound on LSD. This guy must live somewhere in my hood.

Later a red 308 GTS revving 7k on the LSD on ramp. Life is good. :)