Best tires for 348 GTC | FerrariChat

Best tires for 348 GTC

Discussion in '348/355' started by Lagerlout, Feb 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    #1 Lagerlout, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

I've got a 348 GT Competizione street car 36/50 and 1 of 8 RHD. I need some new rubber. Fronts are from 1996 (!). Bear in mind that the car has original Speedline alloys and not the std items. 10" rear wheels. 225/40/18" front and 265/40/18" rears.

What is the best rubber out there at the moment? Should I stick to the orginal Pirelli's or is there a better option?

I was considering Michelin PS2's. The car is only driven occasionally and not in bad weather so I could go for something a bit more sticky.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think the Michelins are definitely worth a look, though they may be one of the priciest out there, and you should also consider Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s. VERY popular summer tire...

3. jaypeeuk

jaypeeuk Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    James Parry
    Hi,

we stuck to the original Pirelli's, and bought a complete spare set since apparently the production of P Zero yellow is coming to an end soon.
    however one problem, tyres were only dispatched once an order of ten was placed!

4. Node

Node Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Stinson Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Benjamin J Martin
    Absolutely beautiful car

5. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    I have 348 challenge rims and same size tire. I went with PS2's. Look like F1 tire. Excellent grip.

Goodyears based on tire rack spec sheet were 2lbs. per tire heavier than the Michelin's.

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    For the street and you want to be barely legal use a dot race radial like a toyo ra1. Treadwear on those are like 60 and the best street tire is like 150. Hey can you do me a favor and measure the height of the top of your plenum? We are looking for the measurment of the pleunum top cover only. The rst of the 348 intake runner are all the same. Some guys and I want to add spacers to stock 348 plenums to get the competizione intake volume. Thanks!

7. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    Sure, next time I'm near the car no problem.

The GTC street car is the same engine as the Euro GTB/S, so if someone has that they could also help.

FWIW I stuck with Pirelli's in the end for originalities sake more than anything else and they seem to hang on pretty well.

8. 5valve

5valve Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    Mid-Atlantic
    does the car come equiped with center lock wheels or standard 5 bolt.

9. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    #9 Lagerlout, May 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017