Euro 308 Gtsi | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Euro 308 Gtsi

Discussion in '308/328' started by TexFerrari, May 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Brunello,
    There are major differences in US vs Euro that would be cost prohibitive, if not impossible to duplicate. The US cars added weight is mostly in the side impact door beams and bumper/frame areas (the bumper mounts and frame connections are way different) also the US cars exhaust manifolds are heavy stamped and welded units as oppossed to the Euro tube headers. Additional issues are cat heat sheilding, different engine cover louvers, smaller trunk space and much lower compression ratio on the US spec cars. Hold out for a Euro, or accept a US in original config. My .02 .....
    -Luigi

2. fedev

fedev Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    How did you get to shave so much weight? I have an euro GTSi and is some 200lbs. heavier..

3. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Steven has done a ton of modding his car to track it. Try a search, there are a number of threads he started and added to about his mods.

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Many thanks and yes, LOTS of threads (sorry everyone) about the ongoing evolution of the car here. Heck, send me the car and anywhere from $5k to $20k and i'll mod her up, increase the performance, AND lower the weight. Can tune the car for street only (specify bumpy New England roads or Florida smooth), street/track, or pure track if you are ready for some serious fun :)

My wife says i should start a biz modding 308s. Bought a URL last week...

5. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    that's the biggest HP difference i've seen for a euro 328. i always thought it was 260 for the US spec and 270 for euro spec.

john