Tom Cruise owns and flies a P-51 Mustang!! | FerrariChat

Tom Cruise owns and flies a P-51 Mustang!!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by SAT4RE, May 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
  2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

wow! he is a total tool but that is quite a plane. you really cannot fault him on his taste in aircraft.

3. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    They actually taught him how to fly and F-15 for Top Gun, I was watching a making the movie thing on it, and he got to fly the plane for real in some scenes.

4. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    The Navy has F-14's not F-15's.

Darrell.

5. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Correct Top Gun used F-14 Tomcats.

However, I really am starting to get annoyed with everyone in the world bashing Tom Cruise for everything from being crazy to gay. Leave the guy alone, I'll give it to you that he is a little off, but every wealthy person I know is also a little off, when you are rich, its called being eccentric. :)

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    To that I say: Tom Cruise is a wack job.

7. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    hahaha, ok fine, to each their own :)

8. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    But I still think the people that criticize him the most are the most jealous of him.... ;)

9. MrScarface

MrScarface Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 8, 2005
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I would click the link, but if I do .03 probably goes to the Church of Scientology. I'll pass.

10. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I wonder if he wears a parachute...

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Scientology chute. 150K. Bargain!

12. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I'd leave Tom Cruise alone if he could act, unfortunately he cant. He plays himself in every movie he's ever been in. Good on him for convincing producers to hire him to be in their movies anyway.

Nice plane.

13. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    If I made $75mil for every custom exhaust I did, I would be a little weird myself. I say more power to him, he may have different taste in religon and a little different attitude, but his toy habit and taste in women is spot on.

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    What I want to know is why are all of these threads being made? Why the hell does anyone care what Tom Cruise or anyone else is doing? So what, he has a plane. A lot of people have planes. Oh he has a wife. A lot of people have a wife. blah blah blah blah.

15. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ya but Tom IS the producer in his movies now. Any movie he ever makes will make a lot of money because he is in it no matter how bad it is... that's Hollywood.

16. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Because he owns a P-51... that's just so darn cool!

17. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    someone on fchat owns one.

18. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    In 1967, when I was 10 years old and watching Bob Hoover doing barrel rolls and loops in N2251D at the local airport, and then 2 years later was standing on the wing of another P-51 at the same airport, peering into the cockpit, I didn't see Tom Cruise anywhere around. Too many celebs seem to be into the flavor of the week and often get in over their head. I hope Tommy boy doesn't over-rev his '51 and suffer from the dreaded "torque roll" that bought the farm for many '51 owners who picked them up after WWII. Jumping from a single engine Cessna to a P-51 was an upgrade to the graveyard for many hot shot pilots.
    Need I remind everybody that test pilot Scott Crossfield died just a few weeks ago in the crash of a SMALL plane. He had flown the X-15 at 3000MPH and record altitudes back in his hey day. But that didn't stop gravity. Neither would box office stardom.

And where is SparkyP51 lately? He owns one.

19. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yeah, I'm really sick of all this bashing of Tom Cruise. When is the last time he did anything crazy? It's been a few months, actually everything he did that was a little off was last year from what I can tell. Leave the guy alone, as for acting; I think he's pretty freaking good. I think most people have become jealous of him, so he is a little crazy time to time. But it seems to me like the media, and most people are pushing it a lot further than he did.

20. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    He was five years old, I you sure you would have recognized him?

21. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Actually, now that you jogged my memory, I did see him. As I walked through the airport lobby, some little kid was jumping up and down on the chairs!

22. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I agree nut b*****, I would never fly with him.

23. CRDNLPLT

CRDNLPLT Rookie

Oct 11, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I believe the NTSB reported that the plane came apart in flight.

I have heard from some other pilots that apparently T Cruise is a pretty good pilot and also has a Pitts and a T-6.

24. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Possibly so. But I've noticed that most pilots always seem to try and explain away ANY small plane crash as if the pilot did something wrong. If you've read "The Right Stuff" they talk about that. Their line of thinking seems to be that it is never "just" an accident that couldn't be helped. It's as if pilots don't really want to admit that something COULD actually happen that is beyond their control. I hear things like, "He wasn't instrument rated" or "He shouldn't have been flying in that kind of weather" or "He wasn't really rated for that kind of plane" or "He outflew his aircraft", etc. Like nothing could possibly happen to them that they weren't prepared for. As I was telling a pilot friend of mine, "There is always an EXCUSE." But in the end, there are no excuses, only dead pilots.

25. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Very doubtful.

There are no sticks in the back of F14s, and there is no way the Navy...our Navy...would check him out in the front much less let him fly.

Now I would believe he got some rear seat stick time in the F-5/T-38 or back seat F-14 aggressors they had for the movie.

Good on him for his taste in planes, though.