Got two moving violation tickets today! :( | FerrariChat

Got two moving violation tickets today! :(

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by blacknight, May 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Today is NOT even Friday the 13th. In the morning, I got the speeding ticket for doing 80 in 65 from CHP. In the afternoon, I got a no left-turn ticket from LAPD. What are my options since I don't have any point in my record for the past 5 years? Any good traffic attorney you can recommend? How should I fight this?

Thanks, Richard

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    PM me! My attorney is almost God at this ;)

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You could probably do traffic school for one of them.

4. MetalSolid

MetalSolid Karting

May 23, 2004
    Fight 'em both, you can always request traffic school if you lose.

5. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not true.

6. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    What do you mean? You can take traffic school for one of those violations. Sometimes the judge will even let you take traffic school even if you've taken it before in the past 18 months.

7. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, but not if you fight it with the judge. They tell you in the room, before you actually see the judge - you may take traffic school now (if you are elligable) OR go before a judge. If you fight and lose, no traffic school. Just a nice fine. I know this firsthand - Got nailed on my supersport bike.

Since he has two, good to fight one. You may be able to ask the judge to take school for both - if you have compensating factors.. ie, not tickets in a long time. just be honest, briend and no BS. If someone pisses the judge off before you go up, kiss it goodbye.

8. apexstrafer

apexstrafer Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    trial by written declaration.

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman

Yep, I agree. If you plead "not guilty", you waive your right to attend traffic school (if you are eligible).

10. REDDOG930

REDDOG930 Karting

Sep 26, 2005
    Orange county
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    i once got two tickeds in 1min by two different cop on the same road! (about 15 years ago).

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    BS.. I used a service by a website named www.ticketbusters.com for $99 and those retards couldn't get my ticket dismissed. It was just a "regular" speeding ticket. They are thoroughly useless and a waste of time. However, it would be advisable to talk to someone who has had experience in fighting the tickets via Trial by Written Declaration.

12. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    A coworker of mine did the written declaration thing, and it got dismissed... :) Don't know the details of the offense though, but he got the info from some website...

13. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    I believe it's two different courts you will be dealing with, and at approximately same date. I'd ask for traffic school for both (in writing when you get your "reminderr" in the mail) and the way the DMV is so screwed up they probably will let you do traffic school for both as the courts don't appear to communicate and know what is "pending" in other court.

Just fill out the paperwork that comes with your "reminder" in the mail requesting traffic school (I think you can do it online too at some courts). If one court "gets smart" and says you are not eligible, that it the one to fight.

It's a bit of a gamble but in my recent dealings with DMV and police agencies, the "right arm does not know what the left is doing".

Best of luck- at least they are minor tickets.