Auto-journals.com | FerrariChat

Auto-journals.com

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by storminnormin, May 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I just got a small article about my 360 published in the new online magazine called Auto-journals.com co-founded by David Yu, a well respected contributing writer to the British Evo Magazine. The articles are written by everyday enthusiasts like us. Check it out!

http://www.auto-journals.com

Norm

2. John Harry

John Harry Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2005
    Pittsburgh PA
    Full Name:
    John Harry
    Beautiful car, good writing.

3. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    You are being too modest Normin; your car is actually the new cover page star, only the third one we have had since launch!
    My brother Edward Yu has already written about his F355 Berlinetta so the Californian contingent on here are doing well.

Let's have more of you; all Fcars (or other interesting rides you may own) are welcome, old or new.

I hope that you all enjoy the site, we now have a feedback facility at the bottom of every journal, so please let us know what you think. The most relevant/witty comments will be compiled for our forthcoming "letters page".

David Yu

www.auto-journals.com

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well done!

One gem from Norman's article:

"I debated briefly before choosing the traditional manual transmission over the high tech F1 system. Although the F1 can shift far faster and consistently than any human, my intent is not merely to go fast. I want to go fast because I did it."

Can't say it better than that.

5. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Thanks Jon, and thanks for contacting us via the Become a Writer section on the site! We would of course be delighted to feature a journal about your 328GTS.

The site is quite new, but I hope it is clear that it is not just a random collection of one-off articles, but a growing resource of long term running reports written by talented owners.

I think there is a massive gap in the market between the rather superficial road tests conducted by professional journalists (of which I am one!) and the sometimes dull "blogs" sporadically jotted down by web types.

Auto-journals hopes to be both informative and entertaining and over time should allow potential car buyers to assess the TRUE running costs (including real world depreciation) and reliability of their shortlisted car rather than the completely bogus figures that have to come from government figures and estimated values.

Further to that, please do not think that because we already have an example of a particular model we would not be interested in featuring another one because long term we want several examples so that readers can get an accurate average picture.

www.auto-journals.com

6. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
  7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Great article, Norman...

Would Auto-Journals.com take an article on Nissan Sentra ownership...? :)

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Great article...!

My favorite paragraph:

9. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I recently heard of auto-journals and think it is fantastic, though whenever I get a new copy of Evo, the first thing I read is the long term tests, so I guess it's my kind of thing. In fact, it's one of those businesses/websites where you see it and think 'damn, I wish I'd thought of that'

My only slight complaint is that there are no Aston Martin journals - I'd love to know how a V8 Vantage or DB9 work out as an ownership prospect (not that I can afford either, though give me a couple of years and I may be in the possition to do so).

I wish David Yu all the best with it - hopefully auto-journals will go from strength to strength for years to come!

(Oh and hopefully more f-chatters will write about their cars too!)

10. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Hey that's really kind of you dongerdude! We are in the middle of a complete revamp and will be launching auto-journals2.0 very shortly. It will hopefully make it even easier, and quicker, to get aspiring writers published in a professional-looking format.

In the meantime, my F430 Spider is featured on the front cover; I hope you enjoy it: www.auto-journals.com