1700 miles in a Mondial | FerrariChat

1700 miles in a Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Manny, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    #1 Manny, May 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I did it, I am buying a Ferrari!

I am buying the Mondial from SOFTWAREGUY http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135773720&postcount=13

FarmerDave and I are flying into New Jersey on Friday, May 26th to pick it up and drive it back to Texas.

We are stopping at Algar Ferrari on Friday afternoon to visit with dm_n_stuff and the rest of the NJ/PA guys http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106405

Friday Evening, we are visiting some of my family in Wilmington, DE.

We will then drive until we get tired and probably sleep in the Washington DC area.

Saturday we will try to make it from Washington DC to Nashville.

Sunday we will try to make it from Nashville to Dallas.

Since Monday is a holiday, that gives us an extra day cushion in case things don't go as planned.

Below is the route that Microsoft Streets and Trips suggests. Does anyone have any real world suggestions for improving the route?

If you live in cities that we'll be passing through and are willing to give us your phone number in case of emergency, or just want to say hi as we pass though, post in this thread or send me a PM.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I don't live on that side of the country, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck on the drive and send you my congrats on the purchase!!!!

Take lots and lots of pics along the way - when you get back, you *know* people will be asking.

:D

Aaron

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I guess that will be my job. :D I am looking forward to this trip, it should be a blast.

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    good luck and have fun!

Wife, baby and I just did over 2000 miles on our Mondial T doing a round trip from AZ to Sonoma and back

5. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    That is encouraging! Thanks! :)

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Manny

What year? US or Euro A/C?? Inquiring minds need to know.

What's your starting point in Jersey?

As I'm guiding you in to Algar, there may be a better way to get here than Mapquests version. I can also put you back on your way, DIRECTLY to Wilmington from Algar.

It will literally be a 10 minute detour from your regular flight path. (AND, for support, I've got your back through Wilmington from wherever you start.)

See you Friday!!!

Hey FD, looks like you'll get about 6 seconds wheel time in the Dino while you're here!!!

Dave

7. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    It is a 1982 US Mondial 8. AC has a new blower and has been fitted for R-134 but it needs a charge. Operates at only one speed, wether it is fast or slow, I do not know :)

We start from my Mother's Deli in Bayonne, NJ. I appreciate any help with the route. I've travel from NJ to NC many times and I've gone from NC to TX a couple of times. This route is taking us thru places I haven't been before and we rather have local traffic advice than software advice.

8. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    6s > 0s

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    On the phone last night, the rims that you described were ugly!! Now that I saw a picture of them, I now know you suck at describing things. Those rims are awesome! And that car looks amazing. I can't wait to see you and the car next week.... and I guess Dave....

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#10 dm_n_stuff, May 20, 2006
    Noah, don't forget to pick up your little "lambie" on the way, we all want to meet her. You've told us all so much about her.

dm

11. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    well aren't you mister ego. I was referring to Dave from Texas. I'm sorry, but everything does not have to be about you... :D

p.s. Lamour is going to try to show up in his new 355. I told him to leave now so that he is at algar on time.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Bayonne to Algar.
    Bayonne to I95, you're on your own. Or you can just get on the NJ Turnpike SOUTH, whatever works for you.

Take I-95 SOUTH toward NJ TURNPIKE SOUTH. 0.7 mile

Take the exit toward CARS / TRUCKS-BUSES. 0.3 mile

Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S (Portions toll). 47.0 miles

Take EXIT 6 toward I-276 / PA TURNPIKE / US-130 / FLORENCE (Portions toll). 1 mile

Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE EXT (Portions toll) (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). (5 miles)

NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE EXT becomes I-276 WEST / PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE (24.7 miles) PA TPK IS A TOLL ROAD. ABOUT $2.00 for the length you are travelling.

12: Merge onto I-476 SOUTH (Blue Route) toward PHILADELPHIA / CHESTER (Portions toll). (7 miles) DO NOT GO NORTH!!! SOUTH EXITS TOWARDS THE LEFT.

13: Merge onto E LANCASTER AVE / US-30 E via EXIT 13 toward VILLANOVA
    WHICH IS A RIGHT TURN.

7th Traffic light on Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) is County Line Road. (Mc Donalds on the left, Sunoco on the right.)

Just past the light on the right is ALGAR FERRARI, we'll be in the lot waiting for you.

About 2 hours total drive time, as long as you roll out of Bayonne around lunch time, the later you get, the longer it takes.

Enjoy the ride.

Algar to Wilmington.

route 30 East (Left out of the Algar lot) 2 miles approx to

Blue Route 476 South (2nd on Ramp - it's on the left after King of Prussia Road.)

Blue Route to I95 South (13 miles)

I95 South to Wilmington (20 miles maybe) Total travel time from Algar, 45 minutes.

see you Friday.

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

He is "Farmer Dave" I am "Good Ol' Dave" to you from now on. (So as to avoid any furter confusion.)

Does this mean we get to meet "Lambie"???

dm

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    No. Shot and killed, and made into a weeks worth of dinner.

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Baaaaaad break for her.

Don't you feel a little sheepish telling us? Did you pull the wool over her eyes before you did it? Did you bleet her to death?

I could go on and on, but, enough of our hijacking the thread.

dm

16. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Lets meet in Little rock for lunch/ dinner or whenever you guys go through there. I will be up there visiting my mom over the weekend!

Jason

17. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Dave, thanks fro the directions. We'll use them for sure :)

Noah, Ok, ok, must be my accent... no, I was tired... darn! Yep, I suck at describing things :) So... (Use Soup Nazi voice) A quick ride for you! :)

18. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Cool Jason! You got your cell with you? We'll give you a call when we are getting close to Little Rock :)

19. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    Congratulations!
    I have an 82 Mondial as well, which I've driven on long trips.
    Unfortunately, I'm in Idaho so I'm not on you're intended route.

I have a wiring diagram if you find you need one... I know I sure have. It's on my website, if you decide to download it. It's for a later Mondial, but I've found it's mostly applicable.

Best of Luck!
    Thor
    www.JavelinArt.com

20. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If you guys cut across north Alabama, I'll buy dinner for you.

21. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Congratulations on the new family member. Looking forward to seeing the car. Enjoy the drive.
    Ciao.
    John & Carol (and Sophia too of course)

22. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Good Luck & Have a great trip, I just wish we had roads and weather like that here in the Uk, if you're like me you'll be smiling from ear to ear driving it home for the first time :)

23. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congrats on your purchase. If the pics do it any justice it looks like a fantastic buy.

24. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I will be in Memphis all weekend, I THINK we depart Sunday night. Call me when you're passing through, if I can get loose I will. I'd love to see the car before it hits Texas.

F***erDave should have my cell number.

For those of you that live along the route, please post the LOCAL FERRARI MECHANICS! Just in case.

25. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #25 FarmerDave, May 21, 2006
    Hmm... If there are more people along the southerly route that offer their phone number in case of emergency, it might be worth the extra hundred miles or so.

I am simply thinking out loud at this point.