Price of Used F430 | FerrariChat

Price of Used F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by jchoi12, May 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jchoi12

jchoi12 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Finding it impossible to get on ANY wait list without an ongoing relationship, I finally buckled and decided to get a used F430. I got the dealer down to $225,000. Do you think I'm getting ripped?

The car has the following specs:

Bodystyle: 2 Door Coupe
    Transmission: F1
    Ext. Color: Silver
    Int. Color: Black
    Mileage: 1,720

Additional Options:
    Red calipers, battery charger, daytona electric seats, scuderia shields, upholstered top, grey stitching, film protection, Pioneer System with Nav.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    All a function of the MSRP. Do you know what it is? If not, ask.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My guess MSRP low 180's, not a bad deal at all

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Agree - I was guessing mid-$180's. If that's the case, then at a $40K-$45K premium, this is a market deal.

5. Rowdy

Rowdy Karting

Sep 1, 2005
    Florida
    I think the MSRP is closer to $205K, the dealer is asking a fair price IMHO

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If it's a 2005 paddle car, base price is about 180.5K. The options listed would add about 10K more. This car is roughly 35K over. Seems in the park.

Dave

7. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Is it an 05 or 06?

8. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Thats the car over at Wide World is it not?

9. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    yeah, i believe this is the car at Wide World. wow, sounds like you did good for yourself! 15k off the asking price! so much for the inflated asking prices....makes me want to reconsider a Stradale and look at 430's.

10. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    That car probably has a $190-195K MSRP and $225K is nice deal on a 2005 silver car. The equipment is right. If it was black or red, $230K's would be okay also.

11. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Bloomfield
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I posted a simalar question about 1 month ago. My father & I considered selling our set of cars. He as a f430 w/ 500 miles and I have a 360 w/ 7500 miles. My responses varied to say the least. The overall take away for price was the f430 was worth at least 225 or more. The sticker was 190, less sales tax. It has 500 miles, paddles, calipers, leather interior and badges if that helps. I think 225 for a f430 is a good deal. The f430 was selling for nearer 250 a few months ago. Our F430 is not for sale. but best wishes in your search. A great car indeed.

12. jchoi12

jchoi12 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Would've been better if I could've gotten a 430 with lower miles, but what can you do?

Resale on a red f430 is higher? Something to consider next time around. :) Silver looks awesome to me IMHO.

Thank you all for all the input. The last thing I want is to feel gypped, even though I'm sure once I drive it off the lot I probably wouldn't care. It is a ferrari, after all.

13. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Which salesman are you dealing with @ Wide World?

14. Turbo03

Turbo03 Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    El Paso
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sounds like the right price in March 06.
    MSRP probably 190
    Mark up is currently 25-50 depending on color, miles, equipment options.

Just do it.

:)

15. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It depends -- it's all supply & demand. When a lot of examples of a car are made in non-red colors, then the red might be at a premium since this is a popular color. However, if a lot of examples were made in red, there are people who place a premium in non-red cars (well, they simply won't buy a red car which will force prices lower). I feel that Silver, Red, Black and to a lesser extent blue and yellow are always popular and in-demand colors and so the "market price" of a car will always depend on, at that moment, what cars are for sale, and what buyers are looking.

And, in any event, why buy for the next buyer -- buy today for what you love the most and what you'll enjoy owning for the years that you are together with your car .... and to hell with resale!!

16. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If anyone has seen that car, perhaps they can answer a question for me...

I've been contemplating installing that Pioneer Nav unit, but was afraid it would protrude to an unacceptable level beyond the slot. Any opinions from someone who has actually seen this unit would be appreciated.

Gary

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    While my Murcie was listed for sale, I lost out on 6 F-430 deals. Five were 05 F-1's and one was Red 06 manual transmission. Miles were a low of 300 and a high of 1800 miles. Prices out the door ranged from a low of 235K and highest was 259K. This was between late February and April 10. IMO if the car is one you would like to own, the price seems fair and slightly below market.

18. jchoi12

jchoi12 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just went to the dealer today to drop off the check and opened up the nav unit. And it does protrude from the slot quite a bit... doesn't look as clean as I would like it to be, and when it's fully out, it covers and touches the middle air vent. Doesn't look very nice, but the screen is very crisp and touch screen is a nice feature.

I think I'm just gonna ride around with it for a while, and if I don't like it, I'll swap it out...

19. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    That a good price...I am not sure where you are but Nor Cal they are getting 235K-240K

I was going to sell mine, decided not to, and got $225 from a dealer. I have about the same items... my MSRP was ~$192 and change but I have 4K miles on it. Bought the car on 12/5/05 so most of the warranty is in intact.

20. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    what was your reason for selling the car???
    you only had it for five months??

21. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I just sold my 430 also, the market is very soft and getting worse. I bet these are get close to MSRP within a year with some miles on them... (the 360 market - OUCH!) Simple supply and demand.

22. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Um, I don't think so. I get calls weekly asking if I want to sell my car at a profit. Not a chance, it is not replaceable!

23. TBond8

TBond8 Karting

Feb 7, 2006
    CT,CA, Europe
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I have been looking on-line for used F430 coupes. To my amazement there does not seem to be to many for sale. Am I correct?

I have searched ebay, Dupont, Authorized Ferrari Dealers. I used to receive the Ferrari Market Letter years ago.

Is the market letter still a good source?

Have any of you that bought your F430 (not from an Authorized Dealer) used the market letter?

Where have you looked to find your car?

Thank you.

24. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    I didn't sell it. Long boring story. Glad I came to my senses!!!!

25. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Soft Market?????Not here in the Mid-West!!