Ferrari crash on Mulholland??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari crash on Mulholland???

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by MrGreenJeans, May 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    It said "FLAT 12" very sad, looks like the Ferrari crested a hill and saw something hit the brakes and swerved into a large rock.

I also send my condolences to the families.

In Europe you could order a roll cage as part of a "Schumacher package" on the 550 that was not legal for US sale. Every car built should have a built in roll cage period.

2. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

Don't be concerned with MS Scarface he's a L-Power regular enough said.

My condolences to his family and friends.

3. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
  4. fastliz

fastliz Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2005
    Palm Bch County, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hate hearing stuff like this. RIP. Save it for the track, guys.

Mike

5. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
  6. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Tragic. Very sad, my condolences and prayers are with their families.

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Stuff happens, but most of the time people don't die, it's more sobering when there's a death involved. If you want to go fast, have fun, & be fairly safe, there's a place called Willow Springs, or Cali Speedway, or etc.

You have to be very careful on the streets folks.

8. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    This was on the Drudgereport. Nothing can really be said except for may they rest in peace. This was on Cornell Road in Agoura Hills according to the report.

9. MetalSolid

MetalSolid Karting

May 23, 2004
    Looks like the car was running MPSCs; just a little bit of water run-off from the previous day's rain could have sent it out of control...

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    sad. Sorry for everybody involved.

11. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Sad and tragic...Sympathy and regards to their families and loved ones.

12. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    ironic. may he rest in peace.

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    It definitely sucks when things like this happen. Best wishes to friends, family, and anyone involved. RIP

14. Silius3

Silius3 Karting

May 7, 2005
    License plate is "FLAT 12"?!?
    He's on here isnt he?

15. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My family and I will be praying for all involved. Tim

16. yellowpad

yellowpad Karting

Feb 17, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Full Name:
    Calvin
    Another sad day for the community as a whole. My condolences to the families and RIP.

17. Stew

Stew Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Every day is a gift. When I hear about the death of these two young men it reminds me of a quote my buddy, (a cop), uses often when I ask him how he's doing.

"Great" he says, " I woke up this morning and got another day, some guys didn't get another day today". He is grateful for every day.

I know those families would give almost anything for one more moment, one more smile, one more hug from their loved ones.

Not to sound preechy, but, give someone you care about a smile or a hug today. My younger son came home from school a while back and said " Dad I learned something really cool today at school ", "Tell me" I said.
    "Every day is a gift" he said "thats why they call it the Present". "Good job" I said.

Warmest regards

Stew :(

18. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
  19. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    My friend lives about 70 yards form the crash site. He heard the screaming engine, the explosion of the crash and was the first one there. (within 1-2 minutes). Both guys were already dead. Pretty morbid scene. It appears that the car skidded sideways into a ditch which launched it into a telephone pole, (center punched the passenger) hit and moved a big rock and flipped.
    Cornell is a dangerous road to "play" on. Full of blind turns, driveways, and undulations in the road. Undulations are little verical hills and crests. I think that is what got our departed friend. An undulation at speed got his car light to where the tires lost grip. Remember, you cannot steer when your tires are off the ground or unweighted. There are other roads in our area which have similar characteristics. The first section of Stunt comes to mind. Please be carefull. It is a hell of a burden to put on your family.

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This sounds like it's accurate, especially your last sentence. Stupid mistakes carry a very heavy price that go far beyond those directly involved.

Thanks for the info.

21. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
  22. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Orange County Register

"Agoura Hills - A California Highway Patrol officer and another man were identified Wednesday after they died in the crash of a Ferrari testarossa.

CHP Officer Derek Midollo, 39, and his passenger, David Bjorklund, in his 30's, died Tuesday at the scene, CHP officer Leland Tang said. Midollo, an 11-year veteran of the CHP, was assigned to the West Valley Area office. Bjorklund was his friend visiting from Chicago, Tang said."

RIP guys.

23. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    First of all prayers to the family left behind.

Secondly look how everyone is being polite and respectful because a Ferrari was involved. Had it been a "kid in a ricer" how restrained would people be?

Thirdly assuming a mechanical did not cause this and even if it did he was going way too fast on that road with a passenger. Drive fast , heck yes on the road or on the track but by yourself. If you crash at least you only kill yourself. But to carry a friend and drive in a manner that endangers the other person is BS. What the hell could he be thinking.

24. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

IMHO. really is not the time to talk smack about stuff like this now.This person you speak of had an extended falmily in the F-chat community.
    There are 2 sides to every story, and you were not there to see what happend or how things lead up to the crash.

Still my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

25. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    +1