Meadowdale on Saturday - Pictures | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Meadowdale on Saturday - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Mar 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What date would work for you? You can vote more than once:

1. May 20

2. May 27

3. Neither date

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K., Rick. I have my phone situation all sorted out. All of my Business lines were installed today. So, next time that you call my house, it won't be on the FAX line. And I'll try to start getting into the habit of carrying my cell phone with me....turned on, ofcourse!....:)

But, you know, I probably don't always turn it on or carry it with me because I am still in the habit of being retired, and not wanting to be that accessible!...:)

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. Folks. It is supposed to be Sunny and 82! NO excuse not to come out and play!

3. J Saber

J Saber Karting

Mar 4, 2006
    Gurnee, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jay Morris
    Hey guys, it's sounds like we're gonna' have some fun! I'll see you all later today. Jay

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bring an extra pair of hiking shoes (assuming you don't use those for driving). It helps over the rocks etc.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey! What a cool trip! Thanks for organizing it, Andreas. Very cool place. You can actually see an old concrete Tank that held Fuel. And it still has the "Meadowdale" painted on it! You can walk on and follow the actual old Racetrack, the Banked curves, the Wall. Pretty cool! Very "Hilly" track. I wish that I could have seen cars racing on it, "back in the day". It is a very interesting track and layout.

And, it was great to see everyone again, and meet some new folks. Nice to have finally met you, Jay,and your lady. I love your car. Not many of those around here at all. You gotta come out and play with us more often this Summer! We had a great turnout! I'll post some pix later or tomm. I am absolutely Beat!!!!

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Six cars and ten people, hey, that's more than double when we did this 3 years ago.

Frank, I was amazed about you walking all that hiking road. I hope you didn't get beaten up too much. I'm still scratching the moskito bites. Oh well.

I had a great time and will post some pics tomorrow.

Bob, we missed you, after all this was YOUR idea. Let me know if you want a brochure, got a couple left over.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, my knee is hurting.....But I can't let it keep me from doing things...I'll live....:) I'll have to see how it feels tomm.....:( I have it wrapped with an ACE Bandage, and used my cane. So that helped me alot. Otherwise, yes, there would have been no way I could've gone beyond the Silo. I'm glad that you posted regarding "Bringing your Hiking shoes". But, I always keep a cane in all of my cars, just in case.

BTW.....Hey! Thanks alot for that booklet about the Meadowdale Race Track. Very cool and very informative. You really put some effort into that, and I really do appreciate it! Frankie loved it, too. A nice keepsake! Thanks again!

And, I was wondering....on page #7, there are 2 pictures. And written in between them says: 7-23-'67 Meadowdale Race. J. Weinberger-Porsche; Erv. Salak-Lotus. I am wondering if that J. Weinberger is John Weinberger, who owns Continental Ferrari? I know that he races cars...And I think that he's cetainly old enough to have been racing cars back in 1967. Hmmm...?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm pretty sure that is John Weinberger from Continental. He raced some really cool cars, there was an article about a Ferrari F2 (?) in Forza that he owned as well. The man is a legend.

Nice pictures, thanks!

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #61 tifosi12, May 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Great photo's, Andreas. I really like that one looking up in the Silo....I was wondering what you were doing in there....:) Yes, a really cool event. Again, thanks for seting it up.

Yeah, I lost 5 pounds on that excursion...and thats a good thing! Doc wants me to get out and lose some more of that baby fat....But, my Knee was out all day Monday. But thats O.K. It's a positive thing!

11. LPthree

LPthree Rookie

Sep 2, 2013
    I am Len Besinger, my father designed Meadowdale International Raceways and my Grandfather built it and owned it. I would be happy to take a group on a tour of the track if anyone is interested. I am a founding member of a preservation society that is involved with the track. I have extensive background and great stories to tell. Len Besinger 630-400-8383

12. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Welcome and nice to have you here.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Whoa!

Welcome to FChat. 10 years ago I brought our Ferrari club to Meadowdale for a foto shoot and a walk. Was fun and I handed out a little brochure I put together based on stuff I found online.

Would love to get a tour from a true insider. Also would love to get some aerial footage with my drone. We should talk

14. MarkL

MarkL Karting
    Owner

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
  15. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #67 badges2, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hi Neil, long time no hear.

Just got off the phone with Len. We'll organize a tour for next spring. Hopefully we can get a bunch of FCA, FOC and FChat members together. Len knows an insane amount of stories about the track and its history. And he is a Ferrari and Porsche owner/driver on top of that.

I'm thinking middle of April should be about right.

17. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    A May date may be drier and less muddy. Jim

18. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
  19. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I'm in too.
    Pretty sure John W from Continental spent some time racing there. He ought to be a good guy to have join the group.
    I walked the remains of the track maybe ten years ago. Dangerous place this was.

20. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I've gone a few times to the show there - lots of old racers show up and we park along the old pit row :) I'd love an excuse to go there again, and catch up with people ..

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Time to bring back this thread.

I realize we already did a poll but I can't make neither of those dates. Any chance we can do this over the weekend of May 6/7 or alternatively on Memorial day itself (5/29)?

I'd really love to be part of this as I'm planning on writing an article about it as well.

22. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
  23. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I'll be Indy for the 500, otherwise I'm in!