WEIRD REQUEST FOR EAST COAST F CAR OWNERS | FerrariChat

WEIRD REQUEST FOR EAST COAST F CAR OWNERS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LAfun2, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello there,

This is a really weird request, but I have been wanting a specific picture of a Ferrari for about 3 years now, and finally have a friend who is willing to help me with it.

What I want: Is a big picture that I can frame in my garage. I want a pic of a 6 speed shifter of any F car. Similar to what Jimmy has here.

http://www.jimmy540i.com/ferrari21.jpg

I live in Los Angles/San Francisco. However my best friend, who is a professional photographer for a Major HealthCare System resides in Morris County, NJ, and has agreed to take the picture for me.

He is wiling to travel up to 75 mile radius from his location to take the pic. If any body would be willing to help, I would be forever greatful and it would be a dream come true.

Thank you.

-Ryan

2. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    What's wrong with the picture in your link? That's exactly what a 6 speed shifter looks like.

3. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The picture that Jimmy has is a good picture.

However blowing up that pic would not look very good.

And the pic that I dreamt of hanging in the garage is one of the 6 speed and gated shifter looking straight down at it, while the link shows it from an angle that takes the handbrake and other stuff into play.

I would like to make the gate and the knob the focal point of the pic.

4. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Did you see this one?

http://www.jimmy540i.com/6speed.jpg

5. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes I did. THank you jimmy.

See in that pic, looks like you are taking it while sitting down. I was talking about taking the pic wtih the camera zooming in and only seeing the gate and the shifter and nothing else. See your pic is more of an angle from the side, I need one looking straight down like more from closer to the roof so that you can see the 1,2,3,4,5,6 on the lever. (not sure if I am making any sense)

If I can't find any one in the east coast with an F car, I will take your pic and work with that.

Hope I did not offend you in any way. Your pic is great actually, just looking for a bit of a diff flavor.

6. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    #6 MARQ, Feb 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017