360 owners: Want to trade your 360 for the new M6? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 owners: Want to trade your 360 for the new M6?

Discussion in '360/430' started by physans, May 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I'm a BMW fan as much as anyone...dreamed about the M3 when I was younger, wet myself when I heard the announcement of the M6, etc.

Then I was at the BMW booth at the New York Auto this past spring. True story: I was there during the "pre-show" press day, wandering around the booth while things were still being set up, moved around etc. There was this blue car sitting at the periphery of the booth, near the aisle. I passed it a bunch of times while wandering around, not quite looking at it but glancing over it. I kept asking myself in the back of my mind "why on earth did Ford park one of their last-generation mustangs near this booth? Guess the union guys took a break. Wonder if it's some SVT show car or something...weird...". This went on for a good 20 minutes until a friend came over and asked if I'd seen the new M6. I told him I hadn't, and that I was hoping to see one......then he pointed to the Ford Mustang, which, it turns out, was the M6.

And thus ended any interest I ever had in the M6, ever again.

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Haha. I don't know if I would have ever confused it with a Mustang, but funny nonetheless.

3. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    $108k BMW for a red/tan 360 with shields? Good luck on that one.

4. Challenge_Stradale

May 14, 2005
    NY
    Imagine paying way over sticker for an M6 after a few years. I don't buy my cars based on residual but at least when someone pays over for an 8cyl Ferrari you're not going to lose much under sticker in a couple of years. For a BMW (even an M6) you're looking at a nice hit plus the overage. I like the M series, I had a 2002 M5 but paying that much over for 1...Eeesh.

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Speaking of which, the first week I had my Modena in the parking lot at work, a coworker came up to me and asked me how I liked my Mustang. Now bear in mind that I hadn't recieved the license plates yet, so there was a sign inside the license plate frame that said, "Ferrari of San Francisco", being held on by the license plate frame itself that said, "Ferrari of San Francisco", and 12 inches above all that are the chrome letters that say, "Ferrari". However, between those two is a "Horse", and he said that since he saw the "Horse", he figured that it was a Mustang.
    Makes perfect sense.
    :)

6. paulb

paulb Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradley
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw a blue M6 at the LA auto show and thought the EXACT same thing. Really weird but it DOES look like a mustang.

7. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    M6's are going for MSRP even in the bay area. If people are paying over MSRP, they are not looking.

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Dont wanna sound snobbish but at the end of the day one is a coupe based on a lesser car and the other a proper clean sheet of paper sports cars and how in heritage and can a BMW compare to a Ferrari?

Just say the B-M-W, how exotic does that sound, now say F-E-R-R-A-R-I, silly yes but I think I have made some sort of point...

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I will not trade it for a ham, not for a bridge, nor can of spam
    I will not trade it for a B, an M or double U, not even for an M6, one or two
    I will not trade it to Japan, nor to N, E, one known as... physans :)
    I will not trade it for this or that, and certainly not by contact on FerrariChat
    I will not trade it lightly, I hope you see, because there's just no replacement for a Fer...rar...i

:)

10. BigJMoney

BigJMoney Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    After owning two BMW's and all of the problems I've had with the two (on my 328-three window regulators replaced, a sunroof assembly replaced, two A/C compressors replaced, a radio that the display went blank, having to constantly replace turn signal bulbs on AND with my Z4 that I sold after 15,000 miles-a GPS system that had to be replaced since the screen went out and an instrument cluster that had to be replaced since the "chime" reminding you that your keys are in the ignition wouldn't shut off while your driving) you couldn't give me one. Not to mention having a local dealership (Rusnak in Thousand Oaks, CA) that never let me test drive either car when I was shopping for a bimmer. I had to go to other dealerships. Way too many issues to deal with for cars you should be able to drive everyday.

Whoever came up with the slogan "The Ultimate Driving Machine" has never driven a Ferrari.

11. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Here, here, agree 100%....

12. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I did not read the thread, do not care how fast the straight line speed of the m6 is, my answer is-----
    Hell No!

13. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    lemme see. johns 360, new M6. hmm. whats an M6 again?

goes back to my original train of thought. if it was that obvious you wouldnt have to ask the question in the first place. buy the m6 and sell the spot. done deal. but as usual its not that easy. if timing is off 3 or 6 months you're stuck with an m6. now ur trying to trade a bmw for a ferrari. have fun with that one.

14. physans

physans Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just read this post. Not bad. :)

15. physans

physans Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #40 physans, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I hate to say it, but the M6 roofline in that 3/4 rear shot does kinda look like a Mustang, maybe its the Ferrari throwing off my eyeballs.

Jimmy

17. physans

physans Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  18. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    As a priior 1988 M6 owner and a 1993 M5 owner, I had the same reaction. Walked past the new M5 at an auto show not realizing it was an M5 -- I mean it didn't stand out or impress at all. As for the M6, its a bulbous 645 with 500HP; no classic lines, nothing to prevent a huge price drop. While I remain hooked on BMW quality, I've totally abandoned any idea of owning a BMW again, especially as I thunder around in my 360 challenge stradale.

19. spcheng

spcheng Rookie

Apr 15, 2006
    CA, USA
    wow!!! Looks like you lost money there @ 96.5k :0