Anyone doing the GDC Dream Car Tour? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone doing the GDC Dream Car Tour?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by KennyH, May 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    haha, werd Kenny, thanks for the compliment. I will say though, Kenny is like the little devil on your shoulder when he's riding shotgun with you. Good times my friend, definitely had a good time whippin those cars through the twisties on bear mountain. The Ford GT wins it hands down in my book, the car is effing AWESOME. F430 comes second, it was absolutely sweeeeeeet.

some highlights from yesterday:

1. Emil shooting flames out of the Ford GT's exhaust. The thing is a dragon!!!
    2. The final minute of the tour, a sweet lime green Murcielago comes on the highway and we all gun it the final seconds for a spirted finale down the GSP south.
    3. Danny's a pro behind the wheel of the BMW
    4. the prom girls
    5. pushing the FGT, 600 hp, no TSC
    6. getting to know the absolutely wonderful, professional, courteous officers in bear mountain =)

Noah, Emil, Kenny and GDC team, BRAVO!!! I had an awesome time, money very well spent. My friends were getting sick of me talking about all the cars last night!!!

PChop, next time I have to remember to bring donuts. Distraction for cops so Kenny and I in the FGT don't get nabbed.

Kenny, next time we're pulln a U-turn and peelin outta bear mtn =)

2. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
  3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

LMAO he certainly is Chris hahaha!

4. Playboy V12

Playboy V12 Karting

Aug 23, 2004
    The Gardens
    Kenny, it was great meeting ya yesterday too. You and the rest of the GDC guys were super cool and into cars, making it a lot of fun. I had apprehensions earlier in the week about this event being a letdown (a common thing with things like this), and then the rain came, but when I arrived in the lot yesterday morning and spoke with you guys for a few minutes, I knew it was gonna be great!!

The cars were wonderful, all unique and with their own strengths. I'd say that the Ford GT was my favorite overall (the power, the sound, 6 speed manual), and the Ferrari was my favorite of the F1 cars (the sound). I wish we had the Gallardo spyder, because the improvements in the '06 model year are worth I hear. I really wish we could have had the Ferrari and Lamborghini in regular manual transmissions, but that would have been TOO MUCH...:)

Some people have accused me of being affiliated with GDC because I couldn't stop coaxing them last night into going to the next one. If you love these cars, you will love the event.

None of the cars were intimidating to drive in the rain, not even the Ford. You'd have to have been a crazy driver to have wrecked the car last night. Bring on the F40, *****es!

Hey, I've got some video I'd love to upload to this site for you guys to hear.....can someone tell me how to do it?

5. ClaptonsEnzo

ClaptonsEnzo Rookie

Apr 14, 2005
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I had an AWESOME time on Sunday morning's tour.

Noah - You put together an extraordinary event !

Kenny - enjoyed having you ride shotgun while I was driving the BCGT.

As expected the F430 was my favorite of the day but then again I am a bit biased. I enjoyed the very different characteristics of each car.

Best quote of the day goes to my wife who also bought me an upcoming day in the F430 as a Bday gift.
    When I arrived home smiling from ear to ear she said to me "With all the money you've been spending on renting why don't you just buy one already".

So when and how do I have the conversation about the maintenance and repairs LOL.

There's a 328 or a 355 in my future and I look forward to joining all of you on a run in a year or so.....

6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    This is where you take her to FoCNJ & meet Chris.

You don't. This is where you take her to Tiffany's

7. gonnagetone

gonnagetone Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    dc metro area.
    Full Name:
    venky
    i was sooo suprised at the ford GT performance..
    Also suprised the cop yelling at me to parellel park a 200k lambo.. in the grass .. and i had no idea the reverse button is on the left? (italians go figure!!!)

thank you so much for this event.. i had a break down going back to dc and had to get a tow.. but i was still smiling for the 4 hours. I was waiting for that to get sorted out....

THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN THIS IS THE MOST FUN i have had EVER!!!!!

8. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    The GDC crew told that you drove like a girl :D j/k. Glad you enjoyed it!

9. gonnagetone

gonnagetone Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    dc metro area.
    Full Name:
    venky

yeah yeah i know.. i was coming from a 4 cyl car.. so u gotta excuse us newbies!!! next time.. ill make sure i get arrested... :)

10. ClaptonsEnzo

ClaptonsEnzo Rookie

Apr 14, 2005
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I like your way of thinking Clyde and Tiffany's in Manhasset, NY happens to be on my way to FoLI .....

11. emilie

emilie Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    underestimated
    Full Name:
    silent E
    looks like great fun!

Noah I'll have to give you a call in two years...

12. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    sorry I didn't call ya Saturday, was runnin around getting **** done before I took off for the tour. Next time, I promise!

13. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

do him a favor and dont take that long :)

14. gonnagetone

gonnagetone Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    dc metro area.
    Full Name:
    venky
    does anybody have any more pics of the run?

I am a horrible camera man.. so i did not bother bringing my camera.

15. Playboy V12

Playboy V12 Karting

Aug 23, 2004
    The Gardens
    Hey, where are the pics from the GDC Tour!?!

Noah, Kenny?

:)

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Amy was editing and sorting the pictures all week long- now, [I believe] we're just putting the finishing touches on the website.. Should be up very shortly- Noah'll shoot off an email when it's updated..

But, wait a minute, EVERYONE had cameras on the trip- where are your pictures? :)

Side note: stay tuned for GDC Dream Car Tour II .. and, if interested, we just took delivery of a BMW E60 M5 and Corvette C6 ZO6.. Gallardo Spyder is on its way!

17. ClaptonsEnzo

ClaptonsEnzo Rookie

Apr 14, 2005
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You guys are making it very difficult to decide on my next rental. :confused:

Sign me up for GDC tour II ! Based upon the experience we all had on GDC Tour I this should sell out very quickly once the dates are announced.

18. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Great to hear that! Now, with the addition of these new cars, what should we bring?

Our fleet by then (no particular order):

1. Ferrari F430
    2. Ferrari 360 Coupe
    3. Ferrari 360 Spider
    4. Lamborghini Gallardo
    5. Lamborghini Gallardo
    6. Bentley Continental GT
    7. Bentley Continental Flying Spur
    8. Ford GT
    9. Porsche 996 Twin Turbo
    10. Aston Martin Vanquish

11. *BMW E60 M5 (7 Speed SMG, Interlagos Blue)*
    12. *New Addition: Corvette C6 ZO6 (Velocity Yellow)*
    13. *New Addition: Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (Giallo Midas- Pearl Yellow)*

Which line up would you personally like? Would you prefer the ZO6 to the Turbo or Aston Martin?

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    what are you guys thinking about getting after these cars?

20. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen

Phantom and Maybach ;)

21. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    that would be a bad idea, unless it came with a driver.

22. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Dunno about Jason's post- news to me.. What we have on order:

-Ferrari F430 Spyder
    -Bentley Continental GTC (convertible)

There are a handful of cars that we'd love to buy if found at the right price- look for some surprises in the not-so-distant future.

23. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    some surprises such as giving me a free rental?? :D

come on tell! I hate waiting!

24. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Another 3 years until you're 21, right? Start counting the days. If you get enough participants, we can try to plan a tour around your birthday weekend..

25. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    December? that seems like a bad time to have a tour.