MotoGP Mugello - ** SPOILER ** | FerrariChat

MotoGP Mugello - ** SPOILER **

Discussion in 'F1' started by TX907, Jun 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TX907

TX907 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2005
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Garrick
    Anyone watch the Mugello race today? Wow! What a race. Good to see Rossi back on form with a win (or at least the Yamaha working decently for a change).

Wish a Ducati would have won but Capirossi and Gibernau had a good race - Capirossi back on top in the championship!

Wild crash by Stoner....

2. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Moto-GP is the best motorsport racing there is. There is rarely a blow-out and most races seem to come down to the last few laps. Even for Moto-GP todays race was exceptional. If you have never seen Rossi, you should see at least one race. He is the best there is and probably the best there ever was on two wheels.

steve

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    if Rossi was on the Ducati it would have been a walkover, he is brilliant

and nice to see some sportsmanship on the podium as opposed to huge egos from F1

4. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I have been watching moto gp since the laguna seca gp race last year.

All I can say is WOW!

The last few laps my heart was pounding watching Rossi and Capirossi do battle.
    Although I started watching because of Rossi, I was pulling for Hayden :)
    --tony

5. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The Mugello race was the greatest motorcycle race I have ever seen. Competition is a wonderful thing - you could just tell that the boys at the front were risking everything to maintain positions and battle for the win. It was awesome!

>8^)
    ER

6. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Someone said F1 75%car/25% driver; Moto-GP 75% rider/25
    % bike. When Rossi went from Honda to Yamaha and won the world championship, it was the equivalent to Shumacker going from Ferrari in 2004 to Minardi in 2005 and winning the world championship.

Steve

7. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    Hayden has never raced as hard since he came to motogp until today. his best effort so far. too bad he came up a bit short. I was rooting for him to win. it was the best motogp raced I've seen. too bad Stoner crashed out too early. he was charging hard, and could have challenged for the win on a customer honda. glad he walked out on that crahed un-scathed. Stoner might go to the repsol team next year if Hayden doesn't perform this year.
    This young rider has great potential

8. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    MotoGP: the best racing show you can have today. Period. just think F1: no overtake, just wait to see if "strategy" works. I often nap during F1, never in front of a MotoGP race. Yesterday Schumacher had fun as well, it seems to me.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

9. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I totally missed the race today. But even though I now know the ending, I was sure to set my Tivo. I can't wait to see it. I have been a big MotoGP fan ever since seeing 'Faster' last year. Great documentary, everyone should see it.

- Chris

10. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Motorcycle Road Racing = Manly Man Racing, no sissy cages for those guys !

Did anybody see the clip of the Big Chin(Schumacher) at Mugello today?

Geez he needs come out of the closet like his brother should according to the strong rumours . Is he getting fashion tips from another Michael aka, Michael Jackson ?

I know the Euros tend to dress a little flambouyant but his little get up and sunglasses were over the top. First Monaco now this, WTF ?

Drop him off in San Francisco or Laguna Beach wearing that "outfit" and he could lead a Pride Parade.

11. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca

See my post above.

Dressed like he was standing there with 2 other guys with no women in sight he may have had "alot of fun" , I would prefer not to think about that kind of fun.

12. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    money can buy you many "stylish" things, but it can't buy you style. you either have it or you don't, I guess.

13. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Amazing race - the best I have seen in a long time. I was on the edge of my seat the entire race.

14. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I have to agree that MotoGP is the most exciting racing I have seen. This last race in Italy, I was on the edge of my seat.
    --tony

15. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've said on other threads that Mosely, Bernie and FIA have lost the plot when it comes to real racing; MotoGP is by far the best form of motorized racing in the world. These guys are 10/10s from green flag to checker..

You need to watch the last lap of a MotoGP race to see who won the race; in F1, you know what the results will be after the last pit stops (barring any DNFs).

16. TX907

TX907 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2005
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Garrick
    I loved the shot of Stoner's bike going end-over-end through the frame as the other bikes were coming towards the camera. I thought somebody was in a major hurt - then he just got up and walked away.

Big kudos to Capirossi. It looked like his bike was really squirming on the tires the last few laps trying to battle Rossi but he didn't back off.

Stoner and Pedrosa have certainly added some fun to the mix! What a season. Even the Kawasaki's and Suzuki's are competitive at times.

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Yeah, I was both surprised and relieved to see him walk away from that.

Don't forget about Nicky Hayden.............he was quite impressive as well,

18. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Best race I have seen in a long while, good to see such a close race with loads of lead changes

19. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just like Formula One-NOT!!!!!!!

MotoGP is everything F1 is supposed to be but isn't....

20. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
  21. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I just wish Speed would cover more of the weekend action. I'd be more interested in seeing the MotoGP practices and quali's than the F1 at this point. (Although F1 quali has atleast gotten a bit more interesting this year.) Oh and while I'm at it asking Speed for additional coverage, how about broadcasting it in HD?! THAT would be spectacular. Still I can't get enough of MotoGP. Last weekends race was definite edge of the seat action and a standout even in the always exciting sport.

I'm a big time Rossi fan but it's nice to see him actually having to work his way back from behind this season. Not huge fan of Gibernau, I think he's overhyped. It was odd seeing him at the front for a while last weekend, but I knew it wouldn't last.

GO!!!!!!!