Making Friends at Crystal Cove | FerrariChat

Making Friends at Crystal Cove

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by boy2man, Jun 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boy2man

boy2man Karting

Jan 30, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Hi everyone,

My roommate and I will be driving up from San Diego on Saturday to attend Crystal Cove for the first time. I’ve been checking Frank’s photo galleries every week, but now I finally get to check everything out in person! Couple of quick questions:

Does it matter what time we show up considering that my Accord isn’t going to be on display? Or should we go early so that we can find a good parking spot?

Neither of us have had the honor of sitting or going for a ride in a Ferrari, even though we live in the La Jolla area (recent UCSD grads)--so of course we would absolutely be thrilled if we could cross that off our checklist of to do’s. I’m obsessed with the 360 coupe, so my thought is to make the rounds and check out all the cars, and then to find a “lowly” 360 owner who is probably being neglected since presumably everyone else will be fixated on the F430s and Gallardo Spyders and whatnot. We’d introduce ourselves, chat it up, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Other than to be polite and friendly, does anyone else have any suggestions?

2. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    BECOME A HOT GIRL

3. boy2man

boy2man Karting

Jan 30, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    LOL

If only I were so lucky...

4. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    If Phillips has their rental there, you could probably sit in that one no problem. :)

Look through the CC info thread and you'll find pics of most of the regulars. Find one or all of us and introduce yourself. My advice is to not be too pushy.
    Most of these guys are really cool and love to share their passion, but need to get to know you first.

There are actually several SD guys that don't make it up very often because it's such a long drive. Maybe hook up with some of them. Last week the show lot was full by 6:30 and the sidelots were full by 7:30 so the earlier the better.

5. lacir

lacir Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2006
    CA/NY/TW
    Full Name:
    A J
    I drive from SD, best advice is to leave at 6am latest to enjoy everything to the fullest

6. boy2man

boy2man Karting

Jan 30, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Maybe I'll just walk around holding up a sign in front of my chest that says "F-Chat" and someone will call us over!

I'm sure most folks are very friendly and just want to establish a rapport before inviting people into their 200k cars. I'd be the same way :) By no means am I going to be pushy...if it happens, great--if not, I can always end up being one of those folks who rode in a Ferrari first when they bought one, lol.

I hope the weather is cooperative. My roommate and I were going to go to the concours on Rodeo Drive on Father's Day but he has to work that day. So this is our only car trip for awhile!

I'm stoked.

7. MalkaJB

MalkaJB Karting

Jul 22, 2005
    La Jolla
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Keith, it appears that you and I are in a similar boat. I’m currently a UCSD student who also drives an Accord, btw. I don’t think I can make it up this weekend (finals coming up) but maybe sometime in the future we can carpool up together and save a little gas. I had the pleasure of meeting Frank and Jay this past weekend and let me tell you, they are two of the friendliest guys I’ve ever met, so keep an eye out for them.

If it’s your first time to CC, get ready to be blown away. Even while you are there it’s hard to believe such an event takes place, so be sure to take it all in.

I hope your trip goes well. :)

8. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    haha

i didn't even realize your screename was
    boy2man

it should be easy for you then
    just change it
    boy2girl

But honestly