Ferraris on Oak Street - Pictures | FerrariChat

Ferraris on Oak Street - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by smoney, May 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    What day and time is Ferraris on Oak Street for 2006??-Any idea how many Ferraris are going to show up this year?-Also will there be the Ferrari event in Itasca for 2006 as well???-Thank you in advance

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Limited to 90 cars and by now it is probably sold out (was at 82 a week ago).

Yes, Automobili Italiani will be again. Just check the sticky of the FCA calendar in FChat's Chicago section. It's all there.

4. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Any ideas what models I can expect to see there? Anything truly rare rumored to be showing up?

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'd assume an Enzo or two, F430, 360, 355, etc.. Beyond those I'm not too sure, but they usually always have rare and vintage Ferraris. Either way, it's worth going!

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    BTW I heard there are still spots available for this show, so hurry and sign up. This is going to be good!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, I know that in the past, they've had the "Holy Grail" of Ferrari "Super Cars"....288GTO, F40, F50, and Enzo. To see all of them parked next to each other is definitely a rare treat. And, they've usually had a Ferrari Formula 1 car, too. Also, a really nice selection of just about everything. Including some really old, rare cars that barely ever see the light of day. Very cool, for sure!

8. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    nice, I'll be there for sure

9. J P D

J P D Rookie

Jan 11, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    it says it starts at 11am, but what time should I show up if I would like to see the cars being drivin in? Does 10 sound about right? thanks

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    9am

11. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Could anyone possibly tell me the best way to go from the western burbs? not sure how to get there.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Take the Ike West to Michigan Ave, turn left going North on Michigan. Go to about 900 N. Michigan (roughly Hancock tower), then go left again for a couple blocks until you hit Rush. Follow Rush North to Oak street.

13. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
  14. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Only a couple more days..

15. Forcast calls for rain in the morning ending midday...

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I noticed, but I believe it's at only 20%, so there's a good shot we'll be ok.

17. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  18. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

thanks for the photos. i was washing my porsche this morning and it started to rain here in rockford. so i decided to stay in and watch CBS's version of F1. probably should have driven in to oak street.

what's with the maseratis and aston-martins? i thought this was ferrari on oak street, not continental autosports-lake forest sports cars- bentley gold coast on oak street?

regards,

joe

19. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Maserati is part of the Ferrari family, and shares technology from Ferraris.

20. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    ferrari bought maserati in 1997-1998. they have since sold the marquee back to fiat after several years of operations in the red.

kind regards,

joseph

21. J P D

J P D Rookie

Jan 11, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I was kinda worried that the weather wouldnt cooperate but it turned out to be perfect. I showed up early to see the cars drive in and it was no dissapointment as one after another came rolling down rush. Did anyone else happen to wander over to Gold Coast around noon? they had a porsche gt, silver murcie, and a saleen s7 out. I also seen a silver g fly by. Not sure if they headed on over to the show or not. Very exciting day.

22. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    lionsfan, were you wearing the Dietrich t-shirt?

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lionsfan.....You took some pretty fantastic pictures, there! I really like your work!

24. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    GREAT SHOW today-my wife and I loved every minute of it-did anyone take pictures of a yllw trossa or a yllw 348? I saw both cars(about 10 min apart) going down Michigan Ave. around 3:45pm and 4:00pm(but I didn't spot either car at the show from about 12-1:30 pm.)-Also got to quickly speak with the young owner of the silver Lambo Murcie(with quicksilver quad exaust tips)-sharp car!!-For me I enjoyed the 2 Enzos side by side and the 333 race/track car-turned out to be great day. Many thanks to the Ferrari owners and to the other sports car owners as well as everyone involved to make this event possible.-My wife and I truely look forward to this event(next up:Ferraris/Itasca-CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!)