Never before posted video of 333SP! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Never before posted video of 333SP!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Boxer12, Jun 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Game? Those are real pictures.

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    There is a 333SP add-on for PC game NASCAR HEAT (very old game) that is really fun. Those pics are real, though.

-Peter

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The second picture kinda looks like its from a video game. Great pictures.

4. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Dan, you with Rockstar?

-Peter (just interested in racing and driving sims <grin>)

(Oops, dumb question, sorry...)

5. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    No I just like their logo

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    No these are real from Watkins Glen. Salizar is driving the MOMO car and I can't remember who is piloting the Scandia car. The light might be why it looks different. There were big dark storm clouds and the sun was shooting through, but the rain held off. This really was a magical time to be there as the 333's were really obviously superior and the racing was really excellant. These cars are so low, wide and fast they seem like slot cars. And oh God the sound.
    I love F-1, but prototrypes and sports car racing are what do it for me. The new 430's are doing great in Europe but there is only the Risi team in ALMS and none in the Rolex. I fell in love with the Ferrari's during the time of the 250 GTO dominance and then the 330 and 512 times. Some of the most beautiful and aggressive racing ever. To me this is more about Ferrari than F-1. Places like LeMans, Spa and in the US Watkins Glen. I think this would do more for Ferrari in the US than F-1. Just my opinion. Or maybe wishful thinking.

7. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Those cars really come out in race trim, don't they!! Again, very nice pix!

8. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Wonderful sounds.

9. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    post #23 looks like it is a screen shot from a game

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  11. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  12. winding

winding Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Hi Wade,

any idea where to get hold of the CD-Rom you refer to ?
    It is absolutely unobtainable in Europe ...

Kind regards
    /winding

13. LeMansFan

LeMansFan Rookie

Jun 19, 2006
    Hi fellas, just found this Ferrari chat forum, so I am a newbie. Was amused reading some of the comments made by some members about "hot laps", etc. Thought it might be useful to help provide some info on the car, drivers, event. First, this was the first time on that half of the track for us- never on it before. As those familiar with the track know, it has some hairy off camber turns and drops and some blind areas, like by the tree on the front straight. So, obviously it is imperative to take it easy, and it does take some time to learn a track. The main driver actually has about 10 years of Formula Atlantic experience- actual competition, not merely club events, so it's probably safe to assume he knows what he's doing, and if the car is not going "fast" then there's a good reason- he's owned/run the car for 4 years with superb reliability. Also not well known is that without a professional set-up team preparing the car, i.e. warming fluids, tires, brakes, etc, the car MUST take at least one if not two laps to warm up, or risk serious problems- people should be more amazed with the fact an LMP car can be run at all this reliably. Anyway, the car uses a sequential shifter, which is not easy to use, primarily down shifts. Some may have seen the other driver, myself, not hitting all the gears, nor going fast. I have modest track experience, and I am totally satisfied just taking it easy out there, LOL. The 333 SP (or any LMP car) has insane capabilities on the track, which we have all seen on TV/video, especially notable at Rolex Daytona 24 up to 2002. Club events like VIR are not a setting for it, nor do the drivers have anything to prove. We all would love to hear the V12 hitting 12-13K rpm like at IMSA races in the 90s, but that would wear out the engine pretty quick. 9-10K is all we're doin out there, and it's plenty quick... 205mph on back straight of Pocono- a far more "forgiving" track for speed. That said, for those who like the car, there have been and will be some very hot laps at Poconos, Lime Rock, and Watkins Glen- tracks which we frequent, and at which we regularly have the priviledge to run with a couple other SPs and couple 962s. Well, what is without doubt is what a great time we had at VIR- long haul from CT, but the impressive, smooth challenging track and wonderful hospitality from everyone made it well worth it. I'll be checking it at the chat from time to time. Thanks guys & here's to hoping some big factory teams other than Audi start to enter Le Mans, as they did in 90s.

14. LeMansFan

LeMansFan Rookie

Jun 19, 2006
    Thanks to Jim for taking that video footage. Very cool to watch... I'm going to try to afix a cam to the car myself. BTW, does anyone know exactly how the pro teams blew flames out of the exhaust during races? I know the physics behind it and we have tried different octane and fuel mixture settings in the car, but to no avail. And the other 333s we have run with also have not exhibited any. I guess we need Didier Theys and MOMO Team for that. Oh well.

15. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    These are the guys who developed the CD and it may still be available
    http://members.aol.com/lasersolut/guest.htm

16. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #41 Wade, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You mean these guys?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. LeMansFan

LeMansFan Rookie

Jun 19, 2006
    ... what happened to those more romantic race periods?

18. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I have some great audio of a 333sp at Road America... I need to post it up at some point.

19. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Yes you do need to post it up lol.

20. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    worst part is that its accompanied by the visuals of a 550 eating the inside wall at 12.

21. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark