Santana Row meet 06/10/06 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Santana Row meet 06/10/06

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by nt6d, Jun 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I heard he's sailing the seas and became a pirate! AAAARRRRRRR!!! :D

Hi Dan! :D

2. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Well put Aaron 'The Pusherman'.

"Hey kid, first ride is free.....but start saving you're paper route money 'cause you're life is about to change."
    ;)

3. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Shiver me timber!! :D

I guess Capt. Dangerous Dan is combing the high seas for cargo ships carrying precious 430s headed stateside!

4. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    You know it! I asked him to get me one too. :)

5. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Pirate??? Heck no, dude... Boba Fett is a kickin' BOUNTY HUNTER!!!

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    "BOOBY HUNTER" is more like it... :)

So, after all this, should I send another invitation to nsxprime or not?

7. kimoSabe

kimoSabe Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    No CA
    Full Name:
    Ray C.
    I’ve been a lurker and a by-stander to this thread but felt compel to post due to SROC4s post about people needing to voice their opinions about this meet if it’s important to them. I’ve owned a few 911s and a Ducati 748 along with a lot of BMWs. Although, I don’t own a Ferrari or Lambo, I’m as much as an enthusiast as the next guy. Last weekend, my friend and I were there before the first Lotus even showed up and we came from San Ramon.

I was most interested in seeing Ferraris as I’ve been in the market for a F355 for some time. But was just as excited to see so many Lotus and Porsches attending. Heck, that real 993 Ruf Turbo that was there was probably more rare than any other “exotics” there, besides that beautiful 330GTS. I’ve been to the last 3 CI, the recent Danville show and love Italian theme meets/shows. But I rather see SR as an “enthusiasts meet” instead of a mini CI and hope it will go that way. Hoping the Porsche & lotus club will continue to support this venue as well as some of the NSX, Viper, Vette clubs, etc, etc. We left SR feeling how productive of a morning that was and anticipating the next gathering with hopes of seeing an Enzo or Carrera GT.

I see everyone’s point here and I think everyone has been more than open minded. Bottom line is you can’t make everyone happy. Since this is not my party, I don’t really have a say what the theme will be. I’ll be supporting this meet as a spectator as long as people show up to display their pride & joy. Hopefully, I’ll be able to join in with my own one day. Meet some really interesting people that seemed eager to share the passion and hope to meet more next time.

Btw, I was behind the Cayman when he revved his exhaust. He was not even close to redline and it was really not that loud. I was actually hoping to hear the CS blip the throttle a few times.

8. kimoSabe

kimoSabe Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    No CA
    Full Name:
    Ray C.
    My co-worker's wants bring his SC NSX one of these weekends. I think you two know each other. He's probably waiting to see how the mood around here is going to be too.

9. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ray, thanks for your post. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the meet. Hearing this makes me feel good and makes all this back and forth worth it. Considering we've only had 2 meets so far.

I could just imagine how things will develop moving forward. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Please remember this meet is for all of us. It just so happened to start on fchat.

See you on Saturday!

10. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex

I don't see why not? I remember running into 2 fchatters with a bunch of NSXers having some fun on 92....

If I remember correctly it was a blue CS and a red 360. Arun and Mike, can you confirm this? ;)

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    haha.. good times man.. good times.. the NSX's that showed up were modded and NOICE!! The guys were chill.. yea.. NSX's should be reppin at the meet as well.. then we should call the M3's & M5's.. I have numerous friends with modded M3's.. and a couple with modded M5's.. hehe that'd be cool.. anyway..
    \
    anyone post or R6messagenet.com or R1forum.com?? what about other bike forums.??

12. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    for bike forums...

bayareariderforum.com

or

BARF :D

13. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes.
    I wouldn't mind seeing/smelling a couple of old Yamaha RZ350 two-strokes.
    I know of at least one TZR250 in Lucky Strike livery in the SouthBay area.

14. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    RZ's are cool! How about some Norton Commando's, Beezers or Bonne's?

15. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    We can have a separate 'oil leak' parking section.

If my buddy is up for the ride I'm sure he'd bring his BSA.

16. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I can trailer in my BSA/Trumpet Bonneville LSR bike some weekend... but not anytime soon... weekends are booked until Oct.

17. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Right on!

18. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    >>>I remember running into 2 fchatters with a bunch of NSXers having some fun on 92....
    >>>If I remember correctly it was a blue CS and a red 360. Arun and Mike, can you confirm this?

Yes that was Arun and I with some of my NSX buddies. Having owned one of the baddest NSX's in the country at one time (http://northwest.nsxca.org/mike.html), I am friends with most of the NSX guys around here, and they are the nicest bunch of people! TOTAL car enthusiasts who love their cars and still drool over Ferraris like the rest of us.
    I'll post at nsxprime today.

19. Enigma888

Enigma888 Rookie

Nov 28, 2005
    At first, I was excited to hear about a "Crystal Cove" in the Bay Area. And then after reading this thread that it should be only Lambo and Ferarri, I became sad and dissappointed.

So is all the Lambo and Ferarri owners too good/better for the BMW and Porshe owners?

Who cares if more Porshe than Ferarri showed up at the event. If I see only one Ferarri or Lambo, then that particular car will get my attention over the "common" cars like M3, Vette, etc.

Trust me, the Ferarri and Lambo will get more recognized than the 100 Porshe.

I know this is a Ferarri chat forum and organized event. If I wanted to see a Ferarri or Lambo, then I'll go to the nearest dealership and look at them. If my non-Ferarri/Lambo is welcome to your event, then I would be more than happy to show it to other car enthusiasts. If not, then I'll stay away from the event. Maybe I'll ask my boss to bring his Carerra GT to the event someday when he has time.

Regards,

20. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Enigma888 - welcome to F-Chat.

We love Ferraris here. Some of us even have other cars! But I think you failed to continue reading through all those dissertations of what could or should be at a certain place and a certain time. The only way to find out, Enigma888, is to come out tomorrow at 8am. Bring your boss. And his Carrera GT.

21. Enigma888

Enigma888 Rookie

Nov 28, 2005
    Thank you!

Some members said "you can't..." and some said "yes...you can". Since I don't know who is the main organizer, I'll just wait for more pictures to confirm that other exotic cars are welcome to the Ferarri/Lambo event. I do hope it becomes successful like the Crystal Cove in Southern CA. I have always try to visit the CC event when i'm in the neighborhood down there just because I know I"m welcome to stand there with other car enthusiasts.

Regards,

22. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Enigma,
    Please come out tomorrow - whether you show up in a car, on a motorcycle, or riding a Schwinn! I, as well as many others, would love the opportunity to meet a new FChatter. If there are other cars like yours, feel free to park near them to create a "row" of sorts, but if you don't see any like yours, start a row of your own! This meet is, and has always been, about getting as many "car people" out to the same event at the same time as possible. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best regards,
    Aaron
    1979 308GT4

23. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Enigma888, can we expect your presence tomorrow?

24. carcollector

carcollector Karting

Apr 23, 2006
    palo alto
    Full Name:
    Chris M.
    Just because some F-car owners desire to meet other F-car owners in a more intimate and less complicated setting....means just that. Stop this "we are too good for you BS." After all-this is FerrariChat.com. If anybody has a problem with some Ferrari owners on a Ferrari forum getting together to discuss....well...Ferrari stuff, I suggest you get your head out of your a#@. Nough said!
    Chris.

25. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Can't wait to see all the different types of cars tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones too!

I like nice people.