Club Motorsports in Tamworth is a go! | FerrariChat

Club Motorsports in Tamworth is a go!

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yes indeed, the final hurdle is done and they plan to start laying tarmac in the spring through summer, let it settle and tune, and then 2007 is full race season :)

http://www.clubmotorsports.com

2. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    In case anyone plans to buy a membership, I know of one available at a discount; a guy needs to pull out of his membership

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    I'm always a booster of these things, but approval and "done deal," cars-on-the-track, are two different things. Here's hoping...

-Peter (been involved in CMP, VIR and a number of other projects that HAVE come to fruition.)

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    steve - what's the latest? i don't see any new news on their site, really.

last i heard, they were raising money to fund the actual construction. is that completed?

great news - i hope it's really so!

doody.

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Lack of news is rarely a good thing, unfortunately. The April release didn't really add anything new from the January letter from the President. So 5 months with no news.........

John

6. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    John,

While at a COMSCC track event in April at NHIS i spoke with one of the main investors. It seems there is one more (?water?) permit and then all is a go. The problem has been with a small but vocal group who are basically losing each and every battle, but they ARE causing delays. If it wasn't for the small group the tarmac would probably already be down.

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Steve

Yep, the tyranny of the minority. Seems as though they have been checking off the boxes, albeit slowly, and will eventually get it ready to build. That's why a greenfield track is such a lot of work and pain.

Keep the faith

John

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Old thread reborn.

Asked for a refund many, many years ago. Now moved to FL , have never put a wheel on the track,and yet still waiting on membership refund.

Has anyone received a refund for their Club Motorsports membership?

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Wow now here's a blast from the past! How you doing Steve? Last I saw you was years some ago at Verrell's in a big black Bentley. Down in FL nowadays ? Got sick of cold snowy Keene NH did ya?

10. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Prova, great to reconnect! Mom and dad are getting on in the years so as a good son moved close to them in Fl to help them out. Glad i did as a few years back mom suffered a brain tumor and needed two brain surgeries. Took her year+ to recover from that (to some extent). Life here is excellent, love FL and the beaches! My Muse (now wife) lives with me and we're having a great time :)

Do miss NH, especially the seasonal changes. Family first and all that of course.

Great hearing back from you, and great to see you guys are having fun :)