How about a XXX car show? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How about a XXX car show?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Steve, Apr 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Also, who's interested in showing up on Sunday June 25th with me?[/QUOTE]

6/25/06? Address? I'm comeing from the Port Orchard. The wife will be in Mehico so I am all over a good Burger.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good idea! Lot should be empty in the morning...and easy to find!

3. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    6/25/06? Address? I'm comeing from the Port Orchard. The wife will be in Mehico so I am all over a good Burger.[/QUOTE]

Remember Google is your friend...a quick search of "xxx issaquah" gives you this: http://issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm

Dave

4. parismodel

parismodel Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Los Angeles/Seattle
    Full Name:
    Ashley Van Dyke
    Remember Google is your friend...a quick search of "xxx issaquah" gives you this: http://issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm

Dave[/QUOTE]

Wife?

5. parismodel

parismodel Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Los Angeles/Seattle
    Full Name:
    Ashley Van Dyke
    I think the Ferrari Club should hire promotional models to rep them at this event...

...contact me if interested.

-Ashley Van Dyke

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Thanks, but I think not, my dear!

Dave (aka "Davey")

I sense a text message coming my way... ;)

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Text message received! ;)

8. parismodel

parismodel Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Los Angeles/Seattle
    Full Name:
    Ashley Van Dyke
    Dave - F***ing call me!

-A

9. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Models? We don't need to hire models - we've got our own models that represent us just fine at all our events. Models like 430, 360, 550, 575, 612, 355, 348, 328, 308, 246, 512, 365, 400, 412, F40, F50, Enzo... you get the idea. :)

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Roy found a whole table of models in Cannon Bch on Friday night. They were on a bachlorette party run and he was working the magic on them...it was a sight to behold! Lotsa Tequila!

11. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I heard he was cursing the dozen oysters he had that night, because apparently only 5 of them worked ;-)

12. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

This may be a better idea than staging a drive en-masse to the XXX and getting cut off/separated at the last left turn light.
    Is it possible to save parking spots or possibly rope off the parking slots until all the cars get there?

13. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    So, who's planning to go?

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Sorry guys, I'm going to miss it...I have to fly to Minneapolis, MN on June 25...

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The Seattle Times is calling it "Greenway Days"

http://edb.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ae/scr/edb_ed.cfm?evt=215133&s=st

Greenway Days Concert and Car Show

DESCRIPTION

Greenway Days celebration with rock 'n roll concert, food, vendors and display of more than 500 vintage and classic cars.

SCHEDULE

downtown Issaquah
    Front Street and East Sunset Way
    Issaquah, WA 98027-3261
    Maps & directions

Sunday, June 25: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

16. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Ok, I'm cornfused.......I thought it was at XXX at 98NE Gillman RD.

17. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    The flyer in the PI the other day for Greenway Days mentioned that the car show with ~500 cars would run from XXX on Gilman around the corner and down Front Street to Sunset. Front Street will be closed off to traffic. The time frame mentioned was from 8AM to 5PM. I saw signs on Front mentioning the closure when driving through Issaquah the other day.

They also mentioned having some of the cars on display at Snoqualmie Summit on Saturday.

Regards, Kerry

18. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I'm gonna have to tell my Dad about this. He would enjoy it and he lives in Issaquah.
    Anybody taking passengers so I can go?

19. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    I believe this is for this coming Sunday.
    Who is going to this and is there an organized effort to get there as a group and park together in relative safety (rope off?)?

20. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Well... I WAS gonna go, but I'll be out of town tomorrow through Tuesday. :(

21. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Steve :-(

I was wondering why I didn't see your F40 there, I was looking hard.

Not much of a turnout for F-cars, I only saw 2. I will post some pics soon.

There was a gorgeous Pantera there though, I drooled over that for a bit.

I missed this thread when it was fresh, but I agree, XXX is one of the best places to have a show. They book events every Sunday through the year and it's always a great time, very welcoming to every group and enthusiasts know the place well. And on top of that very tasty american food :)

22. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mark your calendars now!

The Fiat Enthusiasts Northwest car club (www.fiatnorthwest.org) is hosting an ALL ITALIAN CAR SHOW at the XXX Root Beer Drive-In on Saturday April 21, 2007.

ALL Italian vehicles are invited. Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa, Fiat, etc...

The cost is going to be just $10 per car (to cover the insurance, prizes, etc..) and there will be a goody bag given to every car entry.

On site registration will open at 9AM and the show will open to the public by Noon.

Stay tuned for more details.....

23. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  24. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    we have the only Alfa 159 Sportwagon in the US which I'll bring to the show. Should be fun!

25. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #50 GaryReed, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fiat Enthusiasts Northwest presents
    "An All Italian Car Show."

What: An informal all Italian car show. All makes and models of Italian automobiles are invited to participate in this event. Whether your car is a daily driver or show ready we invite you to display it. A certificate of participation will be given to each automobile participating in this show. Trophies will be awarded to the “Best of Breed”.

We will be raising money for the Life Enrichment Options charity organization and also picking the best 124 Spider to send to the National Best Spider Challenge being held this September in Texas.

Attending clubs will be provided with table space to display membership information for prospective members and your registration includes a goody bag with automotive related items and a certificate of participation for each entrant.

When: Sunday, 29 April 2007. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Show runs from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

Where: Triple X Root Beer Drive-in, 98 NE Gilman Blvd., Issaquah, Washington, just off I-90 at exit 17 http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/

Cost: Advanced registration $10.00, $12.50 at the door. Registration forms and complete details can also be found on our web site: http://www.fiatnorthwest.org

Door Prizes: There will be drawings for door prizes including a couple of weekend get aways. Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.

Enjoy 50’s music, root beer, and hamburgers at the XXX Root Beer Drive-in (One of only two remaining XXX Root Beer Drive-ins in the nation. The drive-in’s interior is filled with automotive memorabilia from the rock and roll era.

People’s Choice certificates will be issued based on a tally of popular votes. The voter’s selection criteria will be left up to the individual voter’s likes and dislikes of the cars on display.

A fund raising raffle will be held with gifts ranging from T-shirts to Italian restaurant gift certificates to weekend getaways and gifts for the ladies and children too!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login