The Ferrari SUV Thread | Page 10 | FerrariChat

The Ferrari SUV Thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Il'inglese, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    CAUTION! CAUTION! This vehicle was hit hard in the front end and may have a salvage title. Note the front quarter panel paint does not match in pic #2.

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    where's the canon?

3. pdiack

pdiack Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Lots of potential for the aftermarket wheels industry...

4. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli

LOL 16 spinnaz to go, please. Can somebody photoshop that?

5. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    #230 FerrariWA, May 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Surely you've seen this before, and/or realize it's a photochop?

7. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Nope I did see if before, I know its photo shopped, but i thought why not put it up and get a laugh, guess that this wont be the case..opps!

8. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Where's the wooden Ferrari F50 ?

9. FERRARIHOME

FERRARIHOME Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    OAHU HAWAII
    Full Name:
    FERRARIHOME
    thats how people are here, quick to tell you are wrong or its a repost. typical forum response- negative.

10. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
  11. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    and then you got people like me to tell newbie like you (66 posts) to shut up.

12. FERRARIHOME

FERRARIHOME Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    OAHU HAWAII
    Full Name:
    FERRARIHOME
    settle down bruiser 66 post only means that im not interested in half the crap people like you say or post. your making my point for me mr. negative, thanks.

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm sure Enzo in spinning in his grave (@ about 15,000 rpm's).

14. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    you're still a Junior yourself dude :D:D

and not even subscribed :D:D

15. FERRARIHOME

FERRARIHOME Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    OAHU HAWAII
    Full Name:
    FERRARIHOME
    ooooooooooooooooooo didnt notice that, like i care, hell im not registered either, how about that sparky(kewpie)

16. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Would have been great as a Maserati

It was dumb of F to sell M

17. Subydriver

Subydriver Rookie

May 5, 2006
    Worden, IL
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lybarger
    Even as a crap photoshop that's still just ugly as all hell.

18. Auw12

Auw12 Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    a really heavy theme for me.you know porsche earn a lot of money depending on its fugly SUV cayene,that's a really big market.how do you think if ferrari will release some SUV or wagon cars to get into that market?i hope not!!!!i think ferrari is unique,it will hold its spirit and tradition.but it's really hard to ignore a piece of seductive meat in the current dead-alive market.

19. FastLankan

FastLankan Formula 3

Sep 27, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    FastLankan
    #244 FastLankan, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Given the world wide slump in sales of SUV's in favour of sensible and relatively economical cars (it’s far easier to get a smaller lighter car to handle properly and use less fuel than a vehicle primarily designed to go offroad), I'd think it would be doubtful that Ferrari will ever produce an offroader, and that’s not getting into how much the brand would be diluted by producing such a ridiculously stupid product.

Are there still tax breaks in the US for driving these vehicles on road?

21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Two things drove the SUV fad:

(1) Certification as a "truck" exempted SUVs from the initial impact of CAFE fuel standards. After a few years of research and much spin doctoring, the auto industry can meet CAFE standards, and can try to make people want the resulting vehicles.

So that factor is fading out.

(2) "Bigger is better": As people lose faith in their own ability to drive around accidents, they feel the need for larger vehicles, in the belief that the more massive vehicle wins. This isn't new. When I sold my '63 Chrysler Imperial, virtually everyone who came to look at it were parents looking for a Sherman Tank for the kids to go off to college in.

People still think that having a big honkin' vehicle (even a mostly plastic one) is somehow "safer" than having a small vehicle ... if you're sure you can't use increased manuverability to drive around an accident, anyway.

People who are content to be clueless on the roads are not Ferrari's target market.

Ferrari has never loaded their cars up with "stability management" or tons of driver aids.

At least, not in the past. They have jumped on the ABS bandwagon, and who knows what kind of "active suspension" they might add to future models.

When a manufacturer starts trying to make their vehicles "accessible" to the "average" (read "clueless") driver, that's when you can start looking for an SUV or hybrid, or whatever the latest fad is, from that marque.

So, how long before the Porsche Hybrid? :D

But the reason to make vehicles more "accessible" is to increase sales. You only limit yourself to selling to certain drivers if you're already selling as many cars as you can produce.

Seen the waiting list at the dealers, lately? When there are surplus Ferraris sitting in the showroom, that's when they'll start making more "accessible" Ferraris.

22. mikelikes2drive

Dec 1, 2005
    a better question is... will ferrari ever make a hybrid??? thatd be interesting

23. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    ann suv from ferrari would be very interesting. i think that ferrari will never produce an suv nor a wagon. it is unlike ferrari in almost every way. the closet to one would be a four dour or a four seater. a four seater has been done several times, and i have liked them. ferrari is a sports/ super car maker and an suv is unlikely

24. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    Well, surely one day when the petrol is almost used up that some form of 'green' ferrari will be made. I personally hate SUV, they are a waste of resources and a danger to other road users, let's all hope that Ferrari never follow that path. As for hybrid, i'm doubtful about its potential to actually save fuel, especially outside city area.

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Don't forget: Lamborghini once made an SUV..........