(Pics) - Black 360 with engine painted "YELLOW" | FerrariChat

(Pics) - Black 360 with engine painted "YELLOW"

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmy540i, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Saw this car at BCC, I liked the interior.

The engine was painted yellow which looks "odd" but not so bad. What do you think?

Regards,
    JIMMY

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I like your car better. Post those pics!! hehe

are those stock wheels chromed?

3. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    i really like the interior and the yellow its alright... the rims erhh i would rather get something else

4. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Yellow engine cover? Never read anywhere that Ferrari had that before.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    it must be aftermarket.

6. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Hee.. hee.. thanks for the compliments.

Those wheels on the black 360 are nice (except I don't like chome), I beleive they are 19" with 295 in the rear:

More pix: ---------------------------------------------- (My BMW) =)

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    not a fan of chrome, but love the deep dish.

I am running 295s on my lexus in the rear as well, on 3 piece blitz rims.

8. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

295 on SC-Series, any problem with rubbing? Roll fenders I would assume.

9. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No problem on daily driving. However on the 405 by the Getty Ctr coming down on the bump at high speeds (80mph+) it rubs the inner linings. Stock fenders, serious negative camber :D

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And over heated inside of the tyre and less grip than optimal ... I just don't gets this looks over performance group. Must be interesting in serious rain?

Each to their own I guess, I just personally don't get it ... and never will.
    Pete

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Pete, here in Southern California, it rains about 3 days out of the year, so grip in the rain is not really an issue.

As far as looks over performance, the SC Lexus that I have is a boulevard cruiser type, and is not a race/performance car. The car comes from factory with very skinny 16 inch wheels that sit WAAAY inside the fender well. I decided to put some 18 inch wheels (not 20s or anything), to make it even with the fender. After I got the wheels, I lowered the car using TEIN suspension used on the Toyota Supra. Then the car was turbocharged using a single turbo setup. At present time, I drive the car about 50 miles a month, since I am away from Los Angeles, and I have few other modes of transportation. Car is sitting low, and thus there is negative camber. I don't track the car anymore and seldom take it on canyon runs. When I do take it in the mts, I usually raise the car up. Also for this SC series there are NO camber adjustment kits produced. Thus if you lower it, it WILL have negative camber issues.

I hope that answers most of the questions. :)

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good reply, but why lower it? ... not going to make it any faster, or drive any better on a public road, or not that you would notice anyway.

Race cars are low for a good reason, but would not be so low if the tracks were as bad as the roads we have to drive on ... thus we are back into the looks over driving dynamics.

I buy cars to drive, I buy paintings (er, prints ;)) to look at ... while most Ferraris and other cars are great to look at, if they drove badly I would not be interested in them.

Everybody is different and even my engine builder used to find my single minded view of car modifications extreme (I wont modify cars unless I am going to track them and thus the mod will make them more suited to the track OR they have a design fault) ... but then he used to say that he did not really care what they used the car for, he just wanted the money ... and would laugh if necessary after the customer has left :)

Also have you thought about modifying the lower wishbone to solve the negative camber problem ... or is that not a bolt on modification that you are willing to do. This could be solved by an engineering company if you wanted to spend the bucks :( ...

Anyway enjoy your car as you see fit, very good cars those Lexus's.

Pete

13. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Pete,

I am sure Jimmy will kill us for hijacking, and I want to aplogize to him, but I feel a response is warranted as you bring up many good issues.

First of all, I do not find your view to be single minded at all. I welcome all sorts of opinons, as that is what makes the world of cars a splendid place. I can see the beauty in a Nissan SKyline GT-R as well as a Ferrari 308. I think people who appreciate true motor cars don't get personally offended and can appreciate a good conversation such as this.

When I was younger, I would modify everything I had. As years went by, I usually modify if I think a car needs to be improved from what the factory offers, and thus there are certain cars I do not even modify (which is a big step I have taken in my life). Take my Mini Cooper for example. It is a chassis and car that MANY people modify. However I have left it alone, aside from tires (the factory runflats are horrible). I think the car stock serves the purpose it was meant to do.

As far as the lowering the Lexus. Well couple of things, where I live the roads are beautiful and there are no potholes or such things, so roads are almost as good as a race track, not quite but almost. Secondly, I feel this Lexus SC, wallows too much in high speed turns and thus the handling of the car is severely compromised. After lowering it using coilovers and putting strut bars and such, the handling has tightened up thus making the car more fun. So in essense, I do notice the difference as far as handling on public roads. THe car doesn't float anymore, it grips.

As far as lower wishbone mod, I have looked into many things, and as people from Club Lexus will attest, the only problem with the SC is no company thinks it is economically viable to mass produce any camber/wishbone kit (as most people who drives these cars in the States are men 65+ or women 55+ in age who are happy with the floaty handling).

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lafun2

I will pm so as not to take up this thread ... :)

Pete

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What is BCC? Is the car for sale? If so, how much?

16. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Beverly Hills Classic Cars (sorry, more like BHCC), I don't know if they still have it for sale. You can call Andy Cohen @ 310 - 409 - 9000

He is the guys who gets my 360.

17. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Well done!

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jimmy, I like your car better. But that is a nice looking car, not crazy about chroming those rims however. The interior and engine look great.

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Agreed!

20. Dave@EFI

Dave@EFI Rookie

Jan 13, 2004
    Great looking 360, nice wheels (GFG1-5's).

21. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Nice Car...... Wheels are a bit Bling!! Bling!! Tho!

J

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    The yellow plenums gotta go!!

23. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the yellow needs to go..............

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I kind of like it.

I had actually talked to Andy about a black 03 6 speed last year. It had 19 inch aftermarket wheels on it. I wonder if this is the car? He didn't say anything about yellow on the engine though.

25. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I think it looks awesome!! I am assuming that the car also has yellow brake calipers to match the engine!!!

SSSwwwweeeeeettttttttt!!!