Do you collect anything to do with cars? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you collect anything to do with cars?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by showdown, May 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey

..........but the passion for collecting as she (Natasha) told me. I explained I have seen far better and better displayed collections (Jay yours is one of the best I have seen and I was thinking of yours when I said that!) and she said that doesn't matter is the passion for it.

Chris

2. showdown

showdown Rookie

May 18, 2006
    Hi All,

We at Treasure HD are still looking for interested collectors to be on our upcoming episode of Collector Showdown. The show is new, and has not aired yet, but we have shot 3 epsiodes so far and they were lots of fun! I would love to hear from any of you you are interested in being on the show. Don't forget - you'd have the chance to win a terrific prize!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Natasha
    Researcher
    Collector Showdown
    Treasure HD
    416-646-4435
    [email protected]

3. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    Well,, I got the call today,, I'm in,,, not sure what to expect.
    I'm sure it will be a blast what ever the outcome..
    I'll fill you in when it all goes down..

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Yeah, I got an email also but I'm just too busy right now...

5. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    Looks like they are aiming at this Friday to do the shoot of my collection,,,

BTW,, I hope to see you at Mosport next week,,
    one minor problem,, I was supposed to get the 360 Modena from GTA Exotics,, however,seems someone had an opppss,,, so I get the 355 Spider instead,,, kind of disappointed but hey any day in a Ferrari is a GREAT day,,
    we plan on coming out to Mosport with it but just to hang out for a bit then go put some miles on it,,,

6. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    So,,, I made the show,, They came to my house this morning and did all the footage of my little collection.
    This stuff isn't easy to say the least.. the lights in my little room made it very hot and trying to concentrate on what I was supposed to say.
    Now I'm of to the Indy on Friday to do the "competition"part,, Sounds like it's a trivia type thing,, not good for me, I can remember the sequence of events and who was involved but I hope I don't have to remember dates and time,,,, oh well it will be a blast non the less.
    So I have to 355 tomorrow and will see some of you at Mosport..

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Do you get paid? :)

8. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    well they have some "top secret" prize. They won't say until it's done on Friday. They keep hinting in questions like have you ever worked for a team or would like to be involved? My guess it that it might be a day in pits with a team. I said it would be very cool be in the pace car on race day!
    Either way I get a day at the Indy on Friday.
    Are you going to be at Mosport tomorrow? I am picking up the 355 in the morning and plan to go out for a look and then get out and put some miles on it.

See ya

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Yeah, I'll be there, we'll talk then.

10. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    So PSOD - for my finders fee I expect you to WIN! Congrats on the show - sounds like an interesting concept

B-MAK - as the saying goes "THE PHONE WORKS BOTH WAYS!" Give that incredible wife of yours a hug from me - and the babe (gosh he must be big now!) a kiss

It's been too long

best

N

11. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    Well I do have to thank you so far..
    I have NO idea what is in store for me on Friday,, hope it's worth it... So far so good,, they seem to be a pretty good bunch so far.. poor camera guys were sweatin bullets at my house,, my collection is on the second floor and faces east and we were filming first thing in the morning. It had to be 35C in my room with all the lights and gear.. I just hope I don't look too stupid,, I've never been on camera like that and it was a LOT harder than I tought,,
    I'll let you know when it goes down as to how I did.
    I'll be in the pits in Toronto on Friday...

12. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    Freakin UNBELIEVABLE,, I just got back from the Toronto Grand Prix,, filming the "collectors showdown" part of the show...
    The prize was totally kept secret until the last part. The prize was two parts. First I worked with Rocket Motorsports and worked the pit board on the front straight. I was litterally inches from the cars on one of the fastest turns in racing. Did that for qualifying.THEN came the second part. I couldn't believe it when we were getting ready to shoot it (I still had no idea), Paul Tracy taps me on the shoulder and points at the Ford GT pace car.
    Got in and had THE ride of my life (sorry Jay that was fun but...) I saw 180mph on the speedo at the end of the straight,, that thing pulls like there is no tomorrow,,,makes the 355 I was in feel like a pedal car (sorry!). Anyhow ,, it was worth it in the end,,,, a great week to say the least,,
    I'll post photos and video tomorrow after I rest..

Steve (PSOD)

13. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
  14. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's awesome!

(does Paul actually ever speak?)

15. psod

psod Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Whitby
    I tried to get him to ease up a bit but like the last time I met him,, he doesn't say much,, I said that it was a long time since go-karting,, we both raced at the same tracks years ago,, he was too busy with the head set and with what was going on,,,
    it was one hell of a rush to say the least,,he got it all sideways coming into turn 11,, that was fun.
    one of the best days of my life to say the least,,,
    glad I made the reply to the email,,,, thanks to everyone involved.