OT- Cape/ Island Recommendations | FerrariChat

OT- Cape/ Island Recommendations

Discussion in 'New England' started by DadsFerrari, Jul 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I see these threads occasionally, thought you guys might have some inside sources for hotels/B&Bs with some vacancy. Kind of spur of the moment, if I get nowhere I just end up in NH anyways.

Anywhere scenic on the Cape, or even Nantucket ( i imagine sold out unless the weather hit their bookings this summer)

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We spend A LOT of time on Nantucket-- If you really want a nice hotel, check out the White Elephant if there are any vacancies. The Wauwinet is also very nice, but way out of town. As far as B&B's go, The Roberts House is a very nice place. Goodluck and have fun!

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    yeah elephant is packed, stupid money IMO. I don't think I'd take family there, even though some relatives of mine always stay there.

I found rooms nearby for 1/3 the price hehe

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    White Elephant is an interesting name for a hotel, since its not a positive term. Of course 2 mins on google produce a couple of amusing facts I thought I'd share. Mind you it looks like a nice hotel.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant

Also from etymonline:

white elephant
    1851, from supposed custom of the King of Siam in showing his disfavor of a courtier by giving him care of one of the sacred albino elephants, a high honor, but ruinously expensive.

Interestingly on the wikipedia there is also this white elephant example:

Nautical
    The Thai aircraft carrier HTMS Chakri Nareubet which has spent little time at sea since being commissioned in 1997 (the year of the Asian Economic Crisis) due to her high operating costs. Somewhat fittingly, the Royal Thai Navy ensign actually features a white elephant.

5. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
  6. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ah I forgot about the Summer House. Very nice place at night esp. for drinks. When are you going? You should just rent our house ;).