The Enzo reimagined.... Jim's Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina | Page 58 | FerrariChat

The Enzo reimagined.... Jim's Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by MarkPDX, Feb 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. homer91186

homer91186 Karting

Mar 28, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Jim,

I have been following this thread for quite some time now, maybe since the pages were in the teens, but have never really had an opportunity to say anything. Still in college, all I have to offer on these forums are random bits and pieces of Ferrari information I find while scouring the internet.

As long as I have been driving, I have been in love with cars. There is perhaps no greater expression of car passion (to me) than in the exhaust notes of Ferraris. New and old, I love them all and am doing my best to learn as much as I can about each model produced. In an era where Ferrari is becoming very commercialized, your car may be the turning point for the customized, personalized supercar business. The implications for Ferrari and its customers are boundless.

I am going crazy as the unveiling draws nearer. I just about shat myself when you posted those pictures. You gave nothing away and it was beautiful and painful at the same time. I hope everything continues to go well for you. The end of the month can't come soon enough!

Thank you for your time.
    Thank you for your passion.
    Thank you for the P 4/5.

2. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    "Thank you for your passion."

I would just like to second that qoute with a few words of my own:

Jim,
    I have long been bitter towards owners of cars I could only dream about because of their lack of passion and knowledge. This forum has opened my eyes to people who buy them for those very reasons, and it has been very refreshing. There are those of us, like myself, whose budget takes up most of their money and we can only dream about owning, let alone recreating, a car that your success has provided for you. In this world, my heart is bigger than my wallet. I wanted to thank you for using your means to pursue your passion completely and whole-heartedly, because it has overflowed to the rest of us that lack them. You have poured yourself into this project, and have allowed us to reap some of the benefits through your willingness to share it with us first. Even though I do not currently own a Ferrari, and maybe never will, for the moment I have found an outlet for my passion because of what you are doing. I will be waiting on July 23. Rock their world, Jim.

M

3. dougny

dougny Karting

Sep 17, 2005
    NY / LA
    When this thread first started so many months ago, I was a little pissed off that I would have to go so long without seeing the car. Obviously I was very excited, but I was sure I didn't have the patience to still be interested when the unvieling happened.

Well, now we can count the days, and I am even more excited for it. Not because of the car as much (which I have no doubt will be historic), but because I feel that I am part of a group with a secret and are sharing together. Part of something in some way that the public isn't in the evolution of this car even though all have I done is read a web-forum. I check back to this thread everyday to hear the latest (sometimes before I check the morning news).

So, Jim, you have given us all a present before you have even given us the car.

Thank you.
    DD

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hallmark was right, there is Christmas in July.

5. GPofItaly

GPofItaly Rookie

Jul 8, 2006
    What Jim is doing is great. He is doing for fun what Enzo Ferrari did for money.
    Eventually the P4/5 could even return profits, via a motion-pictures or ...else.

Now, the JG P4/5 is bound to be lighter and faster than the Enzo. I wonder how it would compare with the FXX in terms of performace. I would not be surprised if it is very close (or even better) to the FXX.

Has anybody seen a test drive report about the FXX and its performance?

If so whereabout? Have you got a link or a PDF repro for me?

It is very urgent!

Thank you,

Giancarlo

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    You and some others should be! Some of the talent on this site is truly mind blowing.

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  8. GPofItaly

GPofItaly Rookie

Jul 8, 2006
    thanks a lot

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #1434 Napolis, Jul 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    She was sitting in the sun when we pulled up. Seeing her outside with a PROVA Plate attached to her tail took all of this to a new level. We walked around her slowly admiring her lines and the interior that was starting to come together. We slipped in, strapped down, and set off. The first thing I noticed was that the reduction in front overhang made a huge difference compared to the Enzo. The next thing was the panoramic vision through her fighter cockpit greenhouse. Her newly sculpted interior seemed very roomy as we pulled out of the driveway without any problem and turned onto the road. You've heard the expression "Traffic Stopping"? This time it really did. Even The Sport bike stopped and let us enter the road. The Babe on the Back looked over and down as we pulled by. She smiled and slowly raised her thumb straight up.

We were running without ABS or traction control because the computer hadn't yet been programed for the new sized wheels and tires. We were also running in low downforce mode because one of the actuator motors hadn't awoken properly from it's 3 year sleep. The amount of engineering to get to this point boggles the mind and The Pininfarina Special Project Team continues to amaze me with their ability to meet all of these challenges. I'm also very happy to report that Ferrari is very pleased and is giving full technical support as well.

We continued on to the secondary road and set off. Pininfarina had already put on a few hundred test miles and reported all was well so when it came time to pass I rolled on the throttle and felt the hand of God push me back into the seat. You immediately feel just how light she is. The brakes are SUPER and the wider tires really grip. The suspension feels great as it works and the motor sings. When you get to 3000rpm the exhaust shunts to the new system and it sounds like that the horn that blows before the Four Horsemen ride into view.

We headed to the Autostrada and put her though a few gears as we left the toll gate. The Video Jesse shot from the chase vehicle is unlike any I've seen. P 4/5 pulls away and vanishes into the distance like an F 16 launching from a carrier deck. As she vanished the only thing than seemed strange is that she was still on the earth not standing on her tail in afterburner mode shooting towards the heavens...

"Ground Control to Major Tom..."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Oh Yeah... its coming...!!

I cant wait to see the full photos!

11. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jim -- ONE pic, man you are a TEASE!!

Can't wait to see the rest...

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I am speechless...this is getting ridiculous!

:D

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Jim,

I guess I'll have to wait until I get to the tent in Monterey next month...but I have to say (as John said)....this is AMAZING. Do you have any plans regarding this car and the FQC? ;)

14. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    "Hello, Pininfarina?" "Oh, doing great, thanks, you too?"

Can we help you?

"Well, yes you can."

"I have a little problem. It's my Enzo. She's just not fast enough. Oh, and I want her to have a sexier shape." "Something that heralds back to Ferrari's prime P3 P4 racing days,yet is stunningly striking and modern."

"And can you do something in Rosso Corsa and Silver?"

"You can?!" "That's great." "Oh, I'll need her in time for Pebble." "With some cutting edge high-tech enhancements and the best Italian aerodynamics in the past 40 years....U.S. street legal, too."

15. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Oh jeez... That was unnecessarily cruel of you Napolis. I dont think I'll be able to sleep this week because of that one post. The picture was just added a insult to the injury.

16. Node

Node Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Stinson Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Benjamin J Martin
    love that interior shot alone

17. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I hate you Jim! Cruel and unusual punishment is prohibited, you know! ;):D

Can't want to see it in its entirety.

18. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    THAT you can call a TEASER!!!! :D
    Sitting here and waiting for more photos :):)

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes kinda of like at the movies. As I've said more will flow at midnight July 23 New York time.

Best 2 U and Yours!

20. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Pfeww... still 6 days to wait! :) Incredible to think about how long ago it was that this all started :) Time does go fast... but sometimes not fast enough ;)

Same to you and Yours Jim!

21. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Congratulations Jim!

22. Single Serving Jack

Nov 15, 2005
    Can't think of anything to say except "WOW!".

EDIT: Actually yes I can - you've made my mind up that I absolutely have to take a laptop with me when I go away next week, no way can I wait two weeks to see this car!

23. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    AAAHHH !!! I can't wait anymore !!! ;-)
    Thank you for the photo, jim ! I believe that no car was ever so expected as your P4 / 5!!

24. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Maybe some Italians took cellphone pictures when you drove in public that will be on the internetforums! exoticspotter.com and others, there must be pictures taken! (they even take my picture many times in the lowly 308)

25. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #1450 Maranello Guy, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Awesome Jim , just great !!

From the angle the picture was taken , roof of you car reminds me Dauer-Porsche 962 !

Reg
    Tad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login