Stuff to do in or around Pleasanton? | FerrariChat

Stuff to do in or around Pleasanton?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by timgos, Jul 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hey all,

I'm in Pleasanton at the moment and have a couple of free days until I leave Thursday morning. Any ideas on interesting things to do around here besides baking in the 100 degree weather? :) I've done the Alcatraz/Muir Woods/tourist stuff already so now I'm out of ideas.

2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Carmel/Monterey/Pebble Beach are less than 2 hour drive from where you are. Should be cooler by the coast too (yup, 62F). There's also the Blackhawk (?) car museum, that's a bit closer (probably less than 30 minutes).

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks ylshih. I may go check out that museum and I'll have to look into those suggestions too.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    I too suggest the Blackhawk Auto Museum. Ken Bering (sp?) use to own it, don't know if he still does. But that museum has some very interesting pieces that you don't see every year.

You can kick around Danville too. Primo's Restaurant (on Hartz and Diablo) has awesome pizza. By the looks of the place, it looks kind of dirty if you've never been there, but I've been eating there since I was a toddler and I still love the food there. Valley Medelins has good breakfast (right across from Primo's and Baskin Robbins).

You can take a drive up to Mount Diablo. It has one of the best views on the west coast (when it's a clear day). Sometimes it gets a little hazy, so a nice breeze helps get rid of the haze. You can see the ocean from Mt Diablo.

Berkeley? Or taking a drive through the Oakland-Berkeley hills. Oakland Zoo off Golf Links Rd...just thoughts.

6. yellow jacket

yellow jacket Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2006
    Modesto CA
    Full Name:
    Charles Lunsford
    Go to Val's in Hayward and eat the BEST hambuger you've ever put in your mouth!!!.....Charlie

7. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
  8. yellow jacket

yellow jacket Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2006
    Modesto CA
    Full Name:
    Charles Lunsford
    #8 yellow jacket, Jul 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Ahhh, the Val's papa burger and a shake! Yummy!!! 1lb burger

I might go there tonight for dinner now.

Santana Row is a nice place to relax and watch pretty girls. lots of places to eat there also. You also have Berkeley nearby, lots of unique stuff there.

10. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'll check out blackhawk tomorrow and see if I can get a Val's burger for lunch or dinner. Depending on time I'll take the trip up to Mt. Diablo as well.

Edit: Going to Val's tonight. I couldn't wait until tomorrow ;)

11. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Dayum. I miss Val's. Have to make another trip there soon.

12. Ferrariby50

Ferrariby50 Karting

Apr 20, 2006
    Check out Specialty Sales in downtown Pleasanton - they usually have a variety of interesting cars for sale. Also Kassabian's in Dublin is a great place to check out cars.

If you are into Karting, check out LeMans karting in Fremont...

The Blackhawk auto museum in Danville is definately worth the trip - don't forget to visit the gift shop, which is down the hallway from the main car gallery on the first level.

Downtown Walnut Creek /Broadway Plaza is also a good place to people watch and see some cool cars.

Auto Affair in Danville is a great automotive gift shop with lots of car models, books, posters, etc..

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

A Papa burger, fries and a shake and they will carry you out.

Shake must be close to a quart.

14. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    All great ideas! The Auto Affair in Danville...in the Livery? That place rocks. Seems like there isn't a lot of small shops like that anymore. They always had Ferrari stuff in there for as long as I could remember. Small hole in the wall, but a great gift shop.

15. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    in the Livery?

Yup

16. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Very cool. You've essentially filled up my last day here :)

17. Ferrariby50

Ferrariby50 Karting

Apr 20, 2006
    Excellent! Hope you had a great visit to the Pleasanton area.

18. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I wish I knew about that Santana Row meet earlier since I arrived on the 13th. I'm a bit bummed about that but overall it was a fun visit to the west coast. The heat wave in this area was killing me but it was just as hot at home so I guess I can't complain too much :)

19. ryans

ryans Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Fremont, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Smith