Got my first car!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Got my first car!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Ferrari Boy, Jul 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Those are a lot of fun. Be carefull. Lot's of car there. Congrates!

2. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    bring it to VCR.....and Motor4toys in Dec.

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations David! Cool Car.

Dom

4. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    That will be fun in the rain :D

congrats man :)

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Good luck with the rebuild. Keep those classic California plates....very nostalgic.

6. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Dave,

Many congrats on the mustang. I'm from way over at the UK, Scotland to be precise.

I remember my first car which i still have to be honest, 10 years now and i'll never sell it.

Do you plan to spray it? If so, what are you thinking?

Not long til you get you're licence and just remember these things look cooler going slow as opposed to fast, every car does unless you're on a racetrack.

Good on ya ma man and keep the pics comin!

Regards,

Matthew

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    #32 Ferrari Boy, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We just took the heads, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold to a machine shop today. When they are all done I'm going to have the heads and intakemanifold painted the dark blue engine color, and I will paint the block myself. I like the dark blue color much more as opposed to the lighter blue. I'll post pics of the process of rebuilding the engine, and of course finished.

I'm thinking of painting the actual car it's origional color, winter blue. I think it looks very nice, and won't attract too much attention like red would. Tell me what you all think of it, I'll attach a picture.

So this is what my car can potentially look like, minus the front and rear spoiler. Do you all think I should put the spoiler's on my car?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Lovinthe360

Lovinthe360 Rookie

May 14, 2005
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    John
    That is a beauty. 1969 is a good looking year, you got yourself a keeper. I look forward to seeing pics of your progress in the future. Congrats!

www.worldsalez.com

9. GARY4RE

GARY4RE Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    La Jolla
    Full Name:
    Gary Peterson
    Very nice...still on my list!

10. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    ix-nay on the spoilers, man. The car looks very clean without them. Congrats on it!! Have fun.....and never skip an opportunity to spend time with your dad. You never know when those times will be in short supply.

Have fun....best of luck to ya.

11. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No on the spoilers

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ok thanks for the opinions on the spoilers. I still have a while to think about it, but I doubt I'll put them on.

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    We have decided to rebuild the whole engine and not just the upper half. We are pulling the block out tomorrow and will bring it in to the machine shop. Just now I ordered the martireport so I should be getting that within a few days or so. I'm excited to get her running, but it will be a while now. However it will be worth it in the end knowing that it will all run smoothly.

Q: Does anybody have an engine stand that we can borrow?? If we can get ahold of one, then we can assemble everything ahead of time and drop it all in at once. It would be greatly appreciated :)

14. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    are you planning on keeping the original engine? just curious cause you said it would look like the picture - the wings. planning a shaker maybe?

www.428cobrajet.com has a good gallery of them, and a forum. might be helpful, as well as www.themustangsource.com

just some friendly mustang advice ;)

-Pete

15. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    i have an engine stand that i am currently using, but i should hopefully be done with it monday or tuesday....if you want, you can borrow it...it is just a bit of a drive.....
    or,
    come up for supercar sunday and i will have it at the shop...
    d

16. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Yes I am keeping the origional engine. Numbers matching. And I was just comparing the color of the car in the picture to my car. That car is the origional color of my car, and I am thinking of painting mine like that. It's called "winter blue". And my car doesn't have the spoilers so I highly doubt I'll put them on. Oh and I like the shaker but I doubt I'll put that on. Just more $$ to add to the project, and it's not a necessity.

Thanks for the advice!

Ok that would be awesome. I still have to ask my friend who is a car guy ('68 mustang coupe) and see if he has one so then it will be more local. We just don't want to have to go and buy one just for one project. When we take the rest of the engine in, we probably won't get it back for another week. Thanks!

Oh and do you have any more information on the supercar sunday? Is that village coffe roster? I don't know much about it, can you please PM about it? I got lost somewhere when it first started :)

Thanks.

17. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Congratulations David, please pass on a hello for me to your dad! My first car build was a 641/2 Mustang coupe with an inline 6. It tought me a ton and I have carried that knowledge forward ever since. It will be a lesson well worth the effort. Good luck to both of you on this project!

Jay.

18. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Heyy Jay!! What's going on? Long time no talk. Still here in SoCal?

I'll say hi to my dad for ya.

Take care.

19. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Hey right back to you both! Not in the US anymore for the momment. Am considering WA state and trying to get licensed in Canada. It's been a nightmare to say the least and cost me a relationship (you know who). Doing just fine now and starting to hit my stride. F-car still in the plans! My first car was a 641/2 so I love the 'Stangs. I saw a 69 in red last weekend and thought of you. Enjoy it!

J.

20. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Congrats! looks good. :)

21. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Jay! Sorry to hear about these speed bumps you've encountered. But I'm glad to hear that you're gettin back into the swing of things. Best of luck finding a place and all, take care man!

22. liebkid

liebkid Karting

Mar 6, 2006
    Back to the water!
    Full Name:
    Darth Diggler
    Awesome, awesome, awesome car!!! Congratulations!!!

23. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Haha!! Thanks!! Well she is all torn apart now, we are redoing things in the engine bay (sand, primer, paint, clean). And also our dash is all apart now because we need to replace the heater core. What a hassel that is.

UPDATE: Engine should be out of the shop by end of the week (we pray). So hopefully the engine bay will be lookin' all pretty by then so we can drop it back in over the weekend. But we are not in a rush.

If anybody knows where I can get a 3-core radiator for a 69 mustang for a good price, let me know. Or better yet, an ALUMINUM radiator for cheap :) :)

24. RossaMariposa

RossaMariposa Rookie

Jul 25, 2006
    That is one sweet car... I bet you'll have all the chicks in school wanting to be taken for a ride!!! Congrats!!!

25. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    HAHA! I already have a list forming :p haha. I see you're new to the forum, welcome!