1961 Ferrari 250GT PF II #2489 | FerrariChat

1961 Ferrari 250GT PF II #2489

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by sagaponack, Jul 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #1 sagaponack, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As some of you may remember, just about a year ago (around Pebble Beach time) I purchased this car from Europe.

We showed in the NYC Concours and we came home with a prize from Cavallino. Over the past year, Doug Pirrone, of Berlinetta Motors, brought the car to the next level doing some interior work, re-chroming, re-finishing, certain paint work, etc.

#2489 is the only documented PF II Cab with a factory sunroof in the hardtop. The hardtop is in only fair/ok condition and I have not had any work done to it.

Do you guys think that I should restore it for resale value or for shows? I really don't want to drag this hardtop to shows, nor do I ever want to put it on the car. However, it is an interesting piece of history.

One final question, I was convinced at the time of purchase to purchase a set of NOS bumpers for the car and an extra set of Borranis (15 inch/ 6) and I have not been able to move these on FML or Ebay so if you have any ideas on where to get a fair price, I am open to ideas.

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Rob,

In my opinion, if you are not going to use the top, l would lock it away in a safe place and forget about it, especially if it still has it's original finish. It may be a useful reference some day and I doubt you will recover the restoration costs, its presence is sufficient during resale (would you have paid more for the car if the top was shiny?). The only reason I would justify restoring it is if you were to create a display stand for the top and have it next to the car as an art object.

Want are you asking for the wheels and bumpers?

Regards,

Art S.

3. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The bumpers are never used NOS ($6k) and the wheels, 5 in 85 point condition acording to doug pirrone ($6k).