COACH I's F40 PARTY AUGUST 12TH! | FerrariChat

COACH I's F40 PARTY AUGUST 12TH!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #2 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 21, 2006
    Join us for a private viewing of Coach I's Ferrari Collection and his new F40!

DATE: AUGUST 12th
    TIME: 10:00AM
    WHERE: EXIT 19 I85 CLEMSON/ANDERSON EXIT

Since we do not want to post directions on the internet, you will need to contact me via private message, email [email protected], or my cell phone-803-351-0927.

Arrive at 10:00am for viewing and gathering. Drive to Highlands NC from Clemson for a late afternoon lunch. This is a spirited drive up the Mountain to one of the most romantic small towns in North Carolina.

Leave after lunch, or stay overnight in one of the many small Inns or hotels and join us for a drive on the parkway Sunday Morning. You will need to arrange for your accomadations, as most of the good Inns require a two night minimum. However, I plan on calling the week of the event to negotiate a one night stay on Saturday Night. I was assured by one of the Inns that this should be fine, as most folks are getting ready for school to begin, and things may be slow.

Below are the links for reservations and pictures of our previous event.

http://www.bbonline.com/nc/highlands.html

http://www.highlandsinfo.com/

The secound link may be the best. The Old Edwards Inn is 5 Star!

Please note that we only have one request, and that is you drive your Ferrari or other exotic sports car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #3 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 21, 2006
  4. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    Do you have to be an FCA member to attend?

5. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    Sounds like fun, I will be there BD

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I live in Franklin, just down the road from Highlands.

If anyone needs a phone, air compressor, garage space, beer, place to stay, tow, tools, sandwich etc, mi casa es su casa.

:)

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Is this a two day event? What days should I request off?

Thanks,

ken

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Saturday and Sunday, details to follow.

9. Back2level9

Back2level9 Karting

Jan 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Timothy Craig Lefkowitz
    Looks just awesome! And love the pictures I wish I could be there.... Hope you guys have fun!

-T

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    HERE IS AN UPDATE:

BAT Competition, ALMS LMP2 3rd place finish at Petit Le Man last year has invited us to view their 20 plus vintage race car and bike museum at Highlands after Coach I's event. This all came by accident. I saw a TIGA race car for sale on EBAY, noted the address was Highlands, and email the seller. What luck! So this is now part of the event.

1-For those traveling long distance, I recomend staying Friday night in Greenville Downtown at the 1925 Poinsett Hotel, the only 4 dimond hotel in Greenville. Rates are not that bad, there is covered parking, and the nightlife is good.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255

2-Arrive at Coach I's if possible by 9AM. We will line the cars up on the lawn as in the picture above as you come in. This is for exotic sports cars.

3-Leave for Highlands and BAT Competition around 12:00 for a late lunch in Highlands and viewing of the BAT Competition museum of Autosport Racing. I was told there are over 300 turns going up the mountain-this is my kind of driving!

4-Stay at Highlands overnight (see link in first post above for reservations), and enjoy a Sunday Drive, or head home after the event on Saturday. Our events are flexible to encourage your participation. Also, I have been told the ladies will enjoy the shopping.

5-This is an FCA event. We are encouraging your membership in FCA, as this event is open to members and FCA guess. You do not have to own a Ferrari. However, if you do happen to own one, you cannot attend the national meet and some of the other events without this exclusive membership.

I have profited with memories and new friends that will last a lifetime, from the National meet, driving my car on the Indy F1 track at speed, to Summit Point this past year...This coming year the FCA meet will be at Watkins Glen. Also there is a FCA corral coming up at the Petit Le Mans in September that you will not want to miss!

Come as a FCA members guess-or you are welcome to join the FCA today. Please check out our website. I think the scope of things we cover on this site will surprise you. www.fca-sc.org

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

David -

Can I join you for the Blue Ridge drive on Sunday morning? As it turns out, Saturday is Luca's 1st Birthday party.

Let me know a pickup point, and I'll meet you around sunrise (or earlier!)

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    But of cource! We are working out the details now. One of our guess has a route for the Carolina Trophy we'ld like to try...

14. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Be sure to stop by Bridal Veil Falls just north of Highlands NC http://www.highlandsinfo.com/java/waterbri.htm. The old road which went behind the waterfalls and under the cliff of the Waterfalls is closed to motorists but you can still walk behind the waterfalls. Just remember to look out for Subaru Impreza Police cars in the area which they are usually everywhere. Rte 28 is an amazing road !!!

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    HEY! HEY!.. LET'S GO!

Pleae let me know if you intend to do the following:

1-be at Coach I's party

2-Drive up to BAT Competition and lunch at Highlands

3-Stay overnight for the Sunday drive

Please note that these events are structured so you can jump in and out as you see fit.

PM or cell phone
    803-351-0927

16. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    I'm in. def. Sat maybe Sun

Wade

17. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    See you Saturday, will have to work Sunday. Ultima

Ken

18. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Say hello to Ralph Thomas, principal of BAT Racing, for me.

In 1992, I engineered the car and built a transmission for him that ultimately set a Land Speed Record at Bonneville for under-1 liter Grand Touring cars (I/GT). It was a 1962 Fiat-Abarth Bialbero. It may be on display. We went out together and set the record at 123.130 mph (fastest single pass), I think it still stands. Ralph is a super guy and his sons are real gearheads, too.

-Peter

19. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Now that is amazing. Thanks for the post! We are accidental beneficiaries of his good grace. All I did was email someone about a TIGA for sale and noted it was, by boy, in Highlands. What luck. I searched the web, if you have any more information, please feel free to share it with us.

20. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Here are the detials regarding BAT Competition, the folks we will see on Saturday:

Regarding BAT competition and myself in motorsports. We campaigned a Lola at last years Petit Lemans. Where we finished 3rd. in P2. We have five Historic IMSA GTP Championships, two Historic Trans/Am Championships. A win at the 2000 6 hours of Watkins Glen in P2. Two existing World Land Speed Records,(one in an Abarth, one in a Mazda 323GTX World Rally Cup Racer). We have raced in IMSA, Can/Am and Grand/Am as well as Historic Motorsports.

We are fortunate to be invited to visit them. On display will be 20 vintage race cars and motorcycles.

21. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Below is an email that will give you the latest:

Dear FCA Members and Enthusiast:

Here is the link to our event:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114305

Well, it looks like the weather will be spotty on Saturday, so I recommend staying at the Poinsett Hotel in Greenville (reservations 888-627-8931) . As of today there are 23 rooms left. If you indicate you are with BMW the rate is $119. The hotel has covered parking, and I plan on staying Friday and Saturday nights due to that, although the Highlands area offers many nice alternative.

After Coach I's F40 party, we will continue to BAT Competition at the Highlands. Here is an insert from an earlier email from BAT:

Regarding BAT competition and myself in motorsports. We campaigned a Lola at last years Petite Le Mans. Where we finished 3rd. in P2. We have five Historic IMSA GTP Championships, two Historic Trans/Am Championships. A win at the 2000 6 hours of Watkins Glen in P2. Two existing World Land Speed Records,(one in an Abarth, one in a Mazda 323GTX World Rally Cup Racer). We have raced in IMSA, Can/Am and Grand/Am as well as Historic Motorsports.

I plan to be at the Hotel by 6:00PM on Friday. Below is another link to the Hotel, and I will have a map to Coach I's house at the Hotel. We will have dinner around 8pm, giving everyone a chance to arrive at the Hotel.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255

The Hotel is very easy to find, downtown Greenville on Main Street.

I hope the weather holds up, as there will be lots of fun and driving on Saturday and Sunday. Remember, it's 311 turns up to Highlands, and a Sunday Drive up to Brevard should be just as fun. As always, arrive and depart as you see fit.

If you plan to attend Coach I's F1 party and need directions, call me at 803-351-0927.

22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Well, what a day! I have to come up with a new name for our real Troopers. Help me out here, F-Troop, but thats been done by the crazies at Sebring as I was inducted by them early this year, the Rough Riders, but that was done by Teddy Rosevelt, hhmmmmm. Whatever it is, you guys and gals are great! You came out in the rain, and drove from afar. David Sebok from Myrtle Beach, Bjorn and Warren from Pinehust, and Ken, may all be alright, from Tennesse.

Thanks to Coack I and Juile, how could you ever ask for better host? May the pictures begin...

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Fortunately, for you guys' sake, the weather you had was better than what Atlanta had for most of the day. Keep trying, Coach I, one of these days you'll get good weather (on the whole route) and I'll make the trek.

24. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    yeah let's see some pics.

i saw your car downtown david and a red testarossa on hre's. cruised through at about 130am lol

25. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    My wife and I really enjoyed hosting the brave souls who braved the weather...though disappointed that one or two didn't drive their F-cars...though very refreshing to see a superbly restored 330 GT 2+2 that didnt melt in the rain make it from four hours away.

OK guys, these cars don't melt. The older ones do leak a bit, but is was an opportunity to pinpoint the leaks for repairs.

I am sorry I dont have pictures to post. I was too busy arranging the cars around the flagpole and moving my beast from the garage. I am sure some very nice pictures were taken and will be posted soon.

The drive up to highlands on 28 eas challenging and an experience. I had driven that road on my ZR-1 before...but never in a Ferrari. My Maranello did quite well, despite was seemed to be 600 turns
    instead of the 300 or so advertised... I had a hard time keeping up with David Challenge car, but then again he is a very good experienced driver. The others behind me didnt keep up with me either...tough to do on that road...if you have never driven it, you should give it a try...it is quite a challenge. This is where you find out that a fifth or sixth gear are totally useless....

As for the F-40, I regretted not driving it up there till we got to highlands...then was happy I didn't. It would have scraped the bottom several times on those dips and rough road. There were a couple of potholes on the road up there but all in all the road was superb, newly paved in NC and a bit rough in Ga. SC was smooth.

Hope to see all my new acquaintances soon at another event...and if someone would pitch in and help David organise it, we may be able to avoid rain for once. But if there is drought in your neck of the woods, do contact David and ask him to organize an event...it seems a 100% certainty that i will, judging by recent record....hahahaha.

Thanks for coming.