USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list)

Discussion in '360/430' started by CDM, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Paul
    For this thread to be of really useful it needs to show actual selling prices, not asking prices...
    Dealer prices for example, factor in an allowance for trade in, as well as negotiation. My experience has been that if you are not trading in a car, the dealer is often cheaper than a private sale.

2. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Stephen,

I will discontinue updating the Stadale spreadsheet to eliminate any perception that it is a tool to market my Stradale.

I envy your absolute certainty with respect to future car prices. Perhaps you have a better perspective from Australia than we who are too emotionally attached to our own market. Only time will tell.

I think you have the “take offense” backwards. I initially offered my sincere opinions regarding Stradale valuations in another thread and got creamed by a handful of posters who differed with my opinions. Posters took several cheap shots at me, but I did not respond with a differing opinion as you claim. I invite you to again read that 70-post thread and note I took no offense at others opinions.

Starting this thread, I carefully omitted my opinions and just posted a spreadsheet, a spreadsheet which shows five cars cheaper than mine and I still got slammed. Your darn right my testy response took offense but it wasn’t due to differing opinions, it was about cheap shots and several inaccurate comments.

Gary

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Gary,

Your spreadsheet has been a great wealth of knowledge regardless of price on what cars are available. In addition, your particular car IMHO is the nicestest CS I have ever seen. The Southern California Enthusiast Market is definately a different mind set than elsewhere. I know this because I have several friends in the Ferrari Sales Environment that understand that People will pay more for a particular car here as opposed to elsewhere.

Thank you for posting your findings so far.

4. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I agree and as a prospective buyer (a real one with money and all) I find the sheet helpful and also think your car is one of, if not the cleanest CS for sale at the moment. I hesitate only because of market uncertainty and maybe an F-40 will come up first!

5. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Talk is cheap. Why not delete the thread then?

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Richard, I always love looking out my office window on Ivy Glenn when you pull up to the Post Office in that Yellow Beauty.

7. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Lol, gotta make the mail run more fun sometimes ya know?

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Keep it coming...Beautiful CS.

9. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Marc,

I received a private notice a few days ago that Michael Sheenan has an F40 for sale. He's a long time Ferrari broker.

http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-F40-90568

FML also lists an F40 in Belgium. If you don't get FML, I could list the contact number, at the risk of pumping the F40 market.

Please note: FML is just a little rag listing who has cars for sale and asking prices. No real value.

Check with the guy in Australia before you buy, he's got the absolute line on where prices will be 12 months from now.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    LOL, funny Gary. When do you get your Spider?

11. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas

he gets it in september....in december it will be listed for 400k, because gosh darn it, that's what he thinks its worth....so there !

12. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Gary
    You are the one attacking peoples posts here. Of your 8 posts in this thread, the majority have been attacks or sarcastic remarks directed towards other members. You also neglect to mention that one of your threads on this general subject area was already deleted after complaints. Don't come on with the innocent act here as it simply doesn't wash. My original post here was in surprise that you had dropped the car from 219K to 209K, as I thought it must have been a typo. Your asking price was 214K as posted in your other thread, not 210K, so you don't seem to even have your own story straight.
    As to future values, given the wholesale value of cars similar to yours is currently not much more than 170K, I think it's safe to assume it's not going to be worth more in another 12months time...
    These aren't attacks, they are observations, so why do you feel the need to disparage me or anyone that questions your statements?

13. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Well written post Gary. Try to ignore the negative, it clearly is getting the better of you. Anger only serves to harm the person feeling it. I think most people here note that your CS is probably the best one available in the country, and you can price it however you like (and your current asking price seems realistic to me). Put a few of the people on 'ignore' and life will be better for you.
    :)
    BT

14. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Stephans: Gary, You are the one attacking peoples posts here. Of your 8 posts in this thread, the majority have been attacks or sarcastic remarks directed towards other members.

Gary’s response:

#1 Posted spreadsheet
    #2 Updated spreadsheet
    #5 Updated spreadsheet
    #6 Thanked Stephans for calling attention to my price of $209,995. Added smiley face. :)
    #8 Answered question: Prices are asking, not sales prices.
    #12 Responded to Rob’s “steak knives” post.
    #19 Responded to the many posts, which had attacked me & made inaccurate statements
    #27 Responded to Stephans
    #34 Sarcastically stated you knew absolute values of cars 12 months hence, hardly in the same league with you warning people they will lose $50,000 if the buy Gary’s car.

First five posts are clearly not attacks.
    Next four posts are my responses to attacks on me. Don’t I have a right to respond?
    This thread was nothing more than a spreadsheet posting until you jumped in with your clearly negative post to humiliate me. You started it, pal, maybe you should own up to that.

You, the moderator have not admonished the eight posters taking cheap shots at me over two threads, but when I sink to their level, you are right on top of me.

Stephans: You also neglect to mention that one of your threads on this general subject area was already deleted after complaints. Don't come on with the innocent act here as it simply doesn't wash.

Deletions are your domain as moderator. I have no control over them. I saw no announcement of a deletion nor was I informed of one.

Stephans: My original post here was in surprise that you had dropped the car from 219K to 209K, as I thought it must have been a typo.

Yes, I can see how $209,995 looks like a $219,000 typo. Typist would have to get four of the six numbers wrong.

You are wrong, your post was “…listed at $219K, you declined offers of $210K…what’s happened…you’re asking $209K”.
    Why don’t you stop playing the innocent?

Stephans: Your asking price was 214K as posted in your other thread, not 210K, so you don't seem to even have your own story straight.

Next you’ll be telling me I don’t know my own name. I clearly explained prices in this thread. Asking price was $214,000 and I stated publicly I would accept $210,000. If you keep misrepresenting the truth, I’m going to keep correcting you.

Stephans: As to future values, given the wholesale value of cars similar to yours is currently not much more than 170K,

Pointless to argue that, but it certainly does not even come close to tracking with wholesale offers I’ve had from dealers.

Stephans: I think it's safe to assume it's not going to be worth more in another 12months time...

I’ll just file this under: Those who tell don’t know, and those know don’t tell.

Stephans: These aren't attacks, they are observations, so why do you feel the need to disparage me or anyone that questions your statements?

They are what they are. I will continue to correct false and inaccurate statements. It is my stupid mistake to sink to the level of the attackers. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. My daddy would kick my butt for getting sucked into this brawl.

Personally, I think this thread has lost any value. You and I should probably just agree to disagree and let it go.

15. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree.

Regards,
    Chris

16. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc

Gary thanks for the heads up and the Sheehan car was brought to my attention via his email list and my local mechanic but the car is highly modified and has a few issues that keep me from looking at the car further (the hood rubs, drivers seat is cracked and the overall condition is a little rough, especially at $395K)

thanks for the heads up and if I come up short I would be proud to own your car because to me it's not what the car is worth to others but what its worth to me.

17. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Marc, tried to email you but email was undeliverable.

to view my CS, Select "photos 2" to get the car page
    sideshow will provide large photos, or click on individual photo

http://web.mac.com/garybarnhill105/iWeb/Site/Photos%202.html

If you heart is set on an F40 and you buy something else, you'll be forever saying, that's the car I really wanted when you see and F40. I know I was that way about a CS with stripe.

Sheenan probably knows where every F40 is the the whole world.

Gary Roberts in Costa Mesa is a Ferrari broker highly recommended by local FCA guys as a straight shooter.
    Just spoke with him. He has an owner that is on the fence about selling his F40. Gary Roberts 949-650-2690

Best Regards,
    Gary Barnhill
    949-644-7341

18. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    I've been enjoying this thread imensely along with all Gary's threads in which he has started for the sole and obvious purpose of bringing attention to his Stradale for sale. I don't understand why everyone doesn't just ignore him-- all he wants is some poor guy to come along and part with thousands of dollars more than what his car is worth. Sorry to say Gary but all your posts which are all in some way targeted to spotlight your Stradale (pictures of stradales, prices of stradales etc) will not convince anyone to over-pay for your car. Some advice for the good man: Why not just take your 220,000 dollar stradale to the dealer where you are buying your 430 from and trade it in...I'm sure they would love to give you back what you paid for it, maybe if you throw in some artwork they will even give you back more than what you paid!! But seriously I am sure the dealer was your first stop in your quest to sell your stradale and I am even more sure they offered you a more realistic number (most likely around 170k) than what you seek. I'd say take it and take your tax credit and finally you can rid us of your posts...although I find them very amusing indeed! In the meantime instead of spending all this time pondering how you can showcase your car on Ferrarichat why not actually go enjoy your car some more before you have to get rid of it!!

19. martyb

martyb Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    South County
    Full Name:
    marty b
    Tax credit??? In California you pay the tax on the whole purchase price. Not the difference between that and your trade in value.

Arnold could you please change that for us???

20. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004

Wow, that sucks-- no wonder Gary is giving away art work to try and sell his car at an inflated price!

21. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Gary paid sales tax of 8.25%, so roughly $18,100, plus registration of what another few K....[a beating to drive a few 1000 miles]... add that to market price and you get his ask!!!!

22. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Yet others do not have the right to corect what they see as false and misleading information that you are posting.....

23. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
  24. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
  25. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Re. Corrections. I repeat myself, but this thread started as nothing more than a spreadsheet. No one has pointed out any false or misleading information about that spreadsheet.

I made a solid review of this thread and without belaboring the point, there is definitely some false and misleading information. And it is fairly obvious who has made those posts and continue to recycle the falsehoods or out of context information.

This has gotten silly and ridiculous. I've stupidly made myself the punching bag for those with a need for that activity.

I would expect a reasonable person to acknowledge Gary came off that very brief silly business of $219K with the art and also got got off his $214K old asking price and is now asking $209,995, which is $5,000 less that two dealers are asking for lesser cars.

No one has yet to post an available CS very similar to mine, which is presently for sale in this CURRENT MARKET, which would show that my current asking price is out of line. Some claim my identical car is available for $185,000, but go off on a tangent when asked to identify the seller. Furthermore, neighboring states NV and AZ don't charge sales tax IF you purchase a car from a private party, a $12-$14,000 savings, which adds some attraction to my CS.

I would also expect reasonable people who are playing punching bag to acknowledge that a number of posts in this thread are supportive of the CS spreadsheet research and also supportive of my current asking price.

I believe you mentioned "balanced" at some point. I think it's time for some balance from the punchers, some of whom hide behind the anonymity of no name, no town, or no meaningful profile information. My full name, address, telephone number, residence and photograph is on this site for those who contemplate throwing a stink bomb.

I thought my last post would be my last. I'm happy for you to have the last word if it comes anywhere close to being fair or accurate.