Cincinnati exotic drive today | FerrariChat

Cincinnati exotic drive today

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by bergxu, Jul 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hey all,

Just wanted to say that we had a wonderful time on the drive this morning! I'll be hanging onto those directions for future cruising, and a special thanks to Richard and to Robert for making this happen. We met a lot of great people and certainly look forward to the next one! My girlfriend has the camera, so I can't post any pics yet but I'm sure someone else can jump in there.

Cheers,
    Aaron
    '82 GTSi

2. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Glad you had a great time and I'll have the west side of Dayton route put together for a later date, maybe this fall. For now my 360 is off to NJB for a new clutch. I was recording a digital video of the run this morning with an external camera, but since the clutch died it's only of the first 1/3 of the run.

Ciao tutti

3. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Robert,

So you mention that you had to drive the entire way back to your home without using the brakes? Wow! That had to have been a little hairy at some of those intersections! Anyways, glad you made it home and that we were able to take over duties as lead car and didn't get anybody lost! :D

Anyways, thanks again. Made for a great morning and afternoon.

Cheers,
    Aaron
    '82 GTSi

4. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #4 Scott85, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was nice seeing everyone again! What a great drive, even the weather managed to be great considering this morning. I took over 140 pics, high res (1280 X 968) available here - http://community.webshots.com/album/552660451LaHbmi . Some pics (no offense to Lambo owners, but I thought the pic with Bobs Diablo passing the tractor crossing sign was amusing :) ) -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    wow! I can't believe I missed it, there's a lot of nice cars there. I go back to school around August 20th, any chance the last one could be before then?

I did see a kit car Countach today though (lol :()

6. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    YES!!!
    whens the next one?
    I wanna go!...just dont make it the same day as the Louisville drive this time ;)

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #8 DrStranglove, Jul 29, 2006
  8. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #9 DrStranglove, Jul 29, 2006
    I feel a banning comming on!!

Oh, and....

9. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    The red SV......DAMN!!!

10. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    yes, what a great drive out today... even though we had to start the drive in "San Francisco" style fog and drizzle... I was very nervous about my 355 fishtailing on many of the hairpin turns that Robert selected! The route was fabulous - even though RIch and myself as the last car (and John in the yellow Diablo), mysteriously ended up losing sight of 16 other exotics ahead of us and we were totally lost in the middle of nowhere for about 30 minutes... until we saw Robert creeping along in his ailing, clutchless 360 going back home in the wrong direction - which confused us even more...
    Needless to say, we ended up at the restaurant about 30 minutes before everyone else and only ended up doing about 1/2 the route!
    We'll follow more closely next time I guess!
    WHat a great time though and a super bunch of guys (and gals!)
    Can we do this again next week? :)
    Thanks to Robert and Richard for a great event!
    gordon

11. MasterShake

MasterShake Rookie

Sep 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    Steve
    aahhhhh,
    I can't believe i over slept the meet!

12. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Aaron,

Thanks for taking the lead and I am glad you had a great drive. When my clutch went it luckily stayed in second gear. Even though I could not shift the F1 I was able to keep it moving until I got back to my place. Now it's off to NJB for a new kevlar clutch this time. Man when that F1 clutch goes, it goes fast. When I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd entering a turn I felt a hugh slippage and I knew it would be just a matter of minutes before it was toast.
    Thanks again and glad you had fun. Robert

13. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    What a great event and route!!! (well what we got to see of it ;)

Some not so fun moments to an otherwise awesome event:

1.) Kurts 308 with some minor electrical gremlins had to turn back to Cincy at the beginning of the route - should be a minor fix.

2.) Robert doing some amazing no break stunt action getting his clutchless 360 home from mid way through the drive - Could be a candidate for the next transporter movie ;)

3.) Jeff pulling into the restaurant and losing a nice chunck of his front spolier - not to worry - he has done this before and knows exactly where to take it to get it fixed ;)

4.) Gordon, John and Rich getting lost - which as mentioned above - missed 16 exotics right in front of them take a right turn... Maybe with my terrible sense of direction - I shouldn't have been the one to be at the back of the pack. However, Gordon and I decided it was Johns Fault... (Even if it wasn't ):)

5.) Most of the crew making light of me not having a car - specifically John and Jeff - which nicely offered me one of theirs... :) :) :)

What a great day and some great cars!!! Thanks Robert for all the time and energy plotting the course and detailing directions. Maybe it is time to move to a nice reliable Lamborghini - since we only had issues with the Ferrari's - that may be a sign... But it should be noted - you just have to wait a year to get one - or that may be just me ;)

Thanks all!

Rich

14. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #15 Webby, Jul 29, 2006
    here's that kit car Countach, lol. not quite what I was hoping to see today. But yeah I'm sure I'll make one eventually. Thanks scott again for the pics, and for the interesting stories, glad Rob and his 360 are ok!

15. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace

That is a terrible Kit - well actually all kits are terrible, but this one is just bad.

16. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Rich, you know that I am such good friends with Jack and Craig that I want to make sure they have plenty of business. Now what would they do if I went to the dark side and bought a Lambo. And thanks for taking care of all the correspondence to help get this event started. I'll say a couple of novenas that you get your car before summers end.

17. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    Robert:
    A fantastic drive and a great time. Next time I'm going to try to get my friend to take up his Tiger and get some aerial shots of the drive. The line of cars was awesome and I've never seen so many waves and grins from people along the way.

And what would lunch be without a chunk of spoiler for an appetizer? :)

I'm going to start framing the pieces every year and hanging them in the study.

Anyway, thanks for all the time and trouble you took in organizing the drive. You know, I was thinking semi-seriously about selling the 550 but after yesterday, I'm even more reluctant to part ways with it.....although the way you talked about your chipped turbo got me thinking about making a similar mod on mine- and that might keep me satisfied for a year or two. Sometime, I'd like to drive my turbo up to your place (without Rich navigating, I think I'll be able to find the exit on the first try! :) ) and do a side by side comparison drive in your turbo.

18. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Anytime Jeff. You're just not allowed to pull in any resturant parking lots with it. Modifing the ECU was really simple, inexpensive way to gain a great deal of horsepower. I am gald you had a great time on the drive.

19. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I concur with all of the above. Thanks Robert and Rich for pulling this together, and for coordinating with Bob to pull in even more folks. Great route, and I never had to put the top up, despite the mist. And thanks to Scott for the usual great pictures. I always know when Scott comes we can count on some creative photos, quickly posted. It was good to see the usual crew, and meet a few new folks as well. And it was a great homecoming for Allen before he heads off to college.

This was the most fun I've had in a while.

20. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Anyone that wants Dan to go to an event needs to see this thread;

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115332

21. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I wonder if there should be a rule in place where you jepordize the club or others....you get banned? But hey...everyone does stupid things...I sure did my share....but then I grew up.

22. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

look a few posts up

sounds like a few of the Lambos were going faster than I could even hope too :D

did 160 this early morn though..... Ill go put on my flame suit now :p

23. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    How is that apology coming?

24. rlm328

rlm328 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Great job Robert & Richard we need to do this more often it is always good to see everyone and some new faces also

Thanks Bob Miller