Observation - Louisville/Dan C. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Observation - Louisville/Dan C.

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Gershwin, Jul 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Out of curiosity what type of car was our poser friend Dan driving?

2. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    00+ Yellow NSX.....nice car though...

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Dave
    Maybe you should try to make one of the Dayton-Cinci cruises. There was one the same day as this cruise, and they took a curvy winding "slow" route in back country roads. It was more of a sit back and relax and enjoy the twists than a showing off speeding type cruise. (Not that this one was that kind either) In fact some of the guys were going so slowly they got far behind and separated from the rest of the group. This sounds like what you would rather be doing from your post. It would also be a great way to meet some other Ohio members.
    Andrew

4. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    simple solution, I lead :D

or like the second meet, Steve does, he was haaaaaaard to keep up with, and yasir was on my butt the whole time too :)

I dont remember anyone *****in about how fast he was going or the VERY close calls we had :)
    and Im not nockin ya at all Steve, it was an utter blast pushing so hard!!!!
    no wonder it broke up into a fast group and slow group that day :p

through the 3 meet the 2 constent things I got was "Is it stock?"/ "Does it have any mods?" and "I cant believe how fast that thing is/you are"
    Yes it is stock.
    Maybe I really am just a little better and FAR more in control than some of you seem to believe. I will NEVER do anything that would endanger an innocent person, however if I crash and burn than so be it. How else do you learn your limits if you dont exceed them???

5. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    2001, and its VERY nice ;)

:D

6. Frazier

Frazier Rookie

Jul 30, 2006

Since you like to drive fast and don't mind to travel, why don't you attend the autocross this weekend at Ft. Knox out of the Army base? Have you ever tried one of these events? They are alot of fun and you dont have to worry about people concerned with you driving too fast and there is nothing there to hurt. This is a great event with alot of cool cars.

Actually, I invite you all to come out and try it, at least watch.

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Hope your not on your parents insurance, hate to see them lose everything because the son they has no regard for others on the road.

8. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Well stated.

As a parent, I can feel their pain...

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

do it on a racing track you selfish irresponsible Moron!

of the 3 people I've known who have died in RTA's 2 of them had the same attitude as you.........one of them took 3 other people with him when he smashed into an oncoming car overtaking in the wrong place...........don't let reality alter your perception that your the best driver on the planet...........after all you'll probably never get to meet the innocent people you kill

10. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Dan,
    I've kept this in check for awhile, but I was on the Madison drive and witnessed one of your passing attempts just east of Madison on a double yellow uphill curve when you came face to face with a Dodge ram pick up who damn near had to come to a complete stop to give you room to merge back in line. I believe he was fortunately the one in control that time. Look, I mentioned that incident to you at the fuel stop although now I wish I had taken a different (stronger) approach. Also in the posts where you were bragging about your bad ride, I suggested starting with the brakes. Subtle yes, but indicative of what I saw.
    I skipped the last drive because I figured between the two area drives, the cops would be all over yours. Just be cool and act like you've been there before and cut the sillyness.
    Gingerman Raceway in west Mi. has open test and tune on a wonderful road course week nights. I think you just need a helmet and $25. Let your lap time do your talking for you, PLEASE, before someone gets hurt.

Thanks,

Bill

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I believe test and tune is 60$ per evening... perhaps its less if you become some sort of member?

also....

the primary thing I have to disagree with Dan C. is this...

You should never explore the limits on a public road. You can go plenty fast without spinning off, understeering out; or making a blind pass.

granted, often when in another lane, you can see oncoming traffic better at times... (depending on the situation)

But I do agree, the attitude is a bit off.

Take your super-aggressive driving to a track; and have safe fun on the street; that is my opinion.

12. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Your right, $60 I just checked their site. About 1/2 the price of a speeding ticket. Every Tues thru Thursdays.

www.gingermanraceway.com

This might even make a good club outing!

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    there is also Gratton... and Waterford. I don't know how "secret" the Waterford date/event is; but I wont post it here.

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I predict that if any of you allow Dan to ride in your events that are non track that he will be dead by 2009. Sadly I also think he will take someone else with him.

Why this boy was allowed back into F-Chat I will never know. I dont care if he buys an f612. Having that moron around makes us all less.

15. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

I think they banned him again, but I do not know for how long.

Sure wish he would listen to the warnings of the other posters here instead of trying to justify his driving.

Matt

16. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

Dan was permanently banned for conduct unbecoming of an Fchatter :)

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So Gershwin and now SMS, both of whom were there, felt compelled to critique your on-road behavior but not that of the other "fast" group drivers. By and large Fchat members are much more tolerant of "aggressive" driving than the average population; a high percentage have taken their cars to the track and know what it is to drive fast and near the limits. These are NOT inexperienced drivers; yet they felt so uncomfortable with your driving they spoke to you and finally posted about it. That says a lot and what it says is SCARY.

How can you possibly be sure that you can still maintain enough control to avoid endangering an innocent person; when, by definition, if you "crash and burn" you've lost control? These folks

http://nicoleanddevin.com/index2.html

were killed by a 355 driver who thought he was a better driver than he was; but his "crash and burn" went right into them.

On the track.

18. BOG

BOG Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 30, 2006
    Hopefully you guys banned Dan from any future drives too? Sounds like he is an accident waiting to happen and has no reguard for others.

Anyone who passes on blind hills and almost has a head on collision with a truck on a ride should be banned. There's a big gap between having fun and being dead.