Mechanics of a banned user | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mechanics of a banned user

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Jul 31, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Usually the site mods are pretty good about temp bans if it was a momentary aberration or loss of control; the lesson is learned, the user is back in a few days and the incident is soon forgotten. But of those users that go way over the line and are permanently banned (not talking about the abusers like spam on post #1) a large number seem to have varying degrees of hubris and touches of megalomania. "How dare they ban me", "The mods are on a power trip", "They're unfair or they would have banned the other guy, it was really his fault", etc. So they do the obvious and re-register quietly in a few days, probably to prove that they're smarter ("I'll show them"), which is often successful unless a mod is being especially diligent or happens to be lucky.

Here's the key point they seem to miss. If they just shut-up, their new ID would be ignored because then they would be acting like a model user and no one would really care that they re-registered, even if it was a technical violation! These guys also don't realize that many re-registrations are actually caught and discussed in the "secret forums" and they're given rope to see how they use it. However, the fact that they get away with it (the hubris, "I WAS smarter than them, those idiot mods didn't catch on") inevitably emboldens them and at some point they do or say something, either bragging or reverting to form (the megalomania), that calls attention to themselves and we have another minor drama.

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    To quote my friend DM...

Pot meet kettle. :D

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #53 DrStranglove, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

What a great attorney you must be to have such a way with words. Good luck in prison.

Got to play this card now.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey! I just noticed ! ! Someone took a black magic marker (or Photoshop paintbrush) to your OWNED card ! ! ! Somehow I think it would be more effective if left in it's original format.

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    You've obviously let Don Norton back, otherwise he wouldn't be posting. Why not Nibbles? At least he had a sense of humour.

Art

6. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    How about a poll?

Art

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It's also obvious that both of his identities have been banned.

8. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    But have you found the 3rd?

Art

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What the heck Art. What is your problem? Do you even know how to be a normal trouble free user?

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I had an email conversation with Bill last week. He is doing well. Married and headed to law school this Fall.

Dale

11. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    :)

ohhhhh theres gonna be a nice long line starting here soon, first up Dr S
    pick out a nice shade off lipstick and prepare to pucker up to my hairy ass!

:p

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

good I am happy for him.

Some people are great in person but really turds on the internet... Case in point

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Why would he want to put lipstick on a Louisville Slugger?

14. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    if he was a man he wouldnt have to ;)

15. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    AT what point is your mind going to be able to wrap itself on to the idea that the community of Ferrarichat has figured out your sorry little lies. Dan are the fumes from those two stroke engines getting to you? or are you so addleminded that you can't figure this out for your grass stained self.

Personally i don't give a rat's turd what you want to do. I know lots of people who have humped and stumped their way to tidy fortunes in the landscaping business but COME ON GET A LIFE. Roy was being more than generous with you, Every one here has been till YOU called him dishonest for turfing your BS out of his sales cycle.

Here is a clue, because you don't seem to possess one, Roy and any other dealer is in the business to make money, When you call and take up his time with your "it's gotta not have yellow piping bla blah blah ad infinitum" you are waisting his time and money. When he gets pizzd at you for waisting his time and money and stops dealing with you what do you do??? Come on Fchat where Roy is a sponsor and respected REAL user and bash him...
    Dan Where is the PPI, The car, and your self respect?

16. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    :rolleyes:

17. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    wow, you missed everything compleltly.....among other things
    but I say nothing :D

second, I hope you NEVER settle for less than what you want, only quiters do...even posers ;)

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I hardly think so. You were apparently given a chance to come back because you're claiming to be in the process of buying a car; one of two alternative conditions stipulated. However, it's never been a requirement of this forum to be an owner in order to be a member; the only reason it became an issue in your case is because of your perpetual claims to imminent ownership.

At this point, whether you actually buy a car or not, really no longer matters. You can't buy respect and your behavior, not your lack of a car, is what has caused your many critics to get on your case. Your attitude in your postings, such as on this thread and the driving thread, are examples of that.

19. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #69 bernardo66, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Even your insults are so eloquently put. Damn Yin, you take put downs to a whole new level.

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Say bby to danny again

22. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I was stunned they let him back in! What a fracking looser.

23. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Rob, your not the only one. I have had trouble with Art in the past. He freaked out on people for hi-jacking his pointless thread about a 360 I think with a yellow interior. I defended the majority and he got on my case too..

WHY IN THE WORLD IS DAN ALLOWED BACK?????

Havent we caught him lying under 2 different user names, and haven't other F-chatters called him out on reckless driving? What was his excuse by the way?

24. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Dan's a prat which is one of the many reasons he's been banned for good